Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Gerald Wallace or Nikola Pekovic

Who you got?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Gerald Wallace or Nikola Pekovic

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Pekovic all day long, seriously, this guy gets more minutes, more touches he will a top 5 center in this league without even a shadow of a doubt.

Love steals his rebounds and for some idiotic reason they try to post him up more but Pekovic can genuinely be a better player than him.

Ill take Crash until he cant crash no more

Pekovic does most things better, dude is a legit big man.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Pekovic does most things better, dude is a legit big man.
    WTF??? Gerald Wallace has been one of the most well rounded, complete players in the game for years. Does everything better if you mean just rebounding sure. Wallace is a fantastic rebounder and defender and a good scorer and passer. Ben Wallace, Gerald Wallace and Josh Smith are the only players this decade to average both 2+ blocks and 2+ steals last I checked which is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    WTF??? Gerald Wallace has been one of the most well rounded, complete players in the game for years. Does everything better if you mean just rebounding sure. Wallace is a fantastic rebounder and defender and a good scorer and passer. Ben Wallace, Gerald Wallace and Josh Smith are the only players this decade to average both 2+ blocks and 2+ steals last I checked which is amazing.
    And Pekovic has been in the league for a limited time but he has been great, have you watched Wallace play the past couple of years? Did you watch Pekovic last season? Wallace has not been great for a long time now, it aint 06 anymore.

Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4rJ_907q9g

Now watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUNC...layer_embedded

Now watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=792EEaiWQG0

Look at what he did in Europe.

I watch every Wolves game, I've seen Bynum say "thank god they took Pekovic out" because was slaughtering him.

Im not really suprised by his recent big outputs. Everyone who saw him in europe knew he has that kind of offensive potential because he can push most opponents around and has a very nice post game.

Defensively, he is not a good fit next to love, though which is why it still makes sense for the wolves to acquire a C by trade or start darko against some matchups. The first year was more a problem of adjusting to nba rules and rambis was using him as a fill in big instead of using Peks low post game in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    And Pekovic has been in the league for a limited time but he has been great, have you watched Wallace play the past couple of years? Did you watch Pekovic last season? Wallace has not been great for a long time now, it aint 06 anymore.
    Even last year with his struggles and being on two different teams having to adjust he still was better than Pekovic. 14 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.8 apg is still very good for a 3rd option SF who plays superb defense.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Can't believe I am saying this but if he is healthy I would take Nikola, the dude is a bruiser bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4rJ_907q9g

Now watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUNC...layer_embedded

Now watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=792EEaiWQG0

Look at what he did in Europe.

I watch every Wolves game, I've seen Bynum say "thank god they took Pekovic out" because was slaughtering him.

Im not really suprised by his recent big outputs. Everyone who saw him in europe knew he has that kind of offensive potential because he can push most opponents around and has a very nice post game.

Defensively, he is not a good fit next to love, though which is why it still makes sense for the wolves to acquire a C by trade or start darko against some matchups. The first year was more a problem of adjusting to nba rules and rambis was using him as a fill in big instead of using Peks low post game in our favor.
    Watch this. This is a defense first, 3rd scoring option SF going up against a good defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhKee1Ge6k

It's not rare that this guy flirts with a triple double to go with a few blocks and steals.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

I remember last season Nikola seemed like he was getting 20/12 for like 10 games straight I was playing him in fantasy and was so pissed off rofl.

Dude averages 3 assists a game mate, don't tell me he flirts with a triple double.

I love Crash, but I'm taking Pek if you give me the option, you can find players like Cash, you can;t find players like Pek.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I remember last season Nikola seemed like he was getting 20/12 for like 10 games straight I was playing him in fantasy and was so pissed off rofl.
    It's easy to bang in the paint when your PF usually spends his time on the perimeter. Love spends most of his time on offense outside of the paint and that obviously opens up a lot for Pekovic and makes it easy to thrive since Love draws the defender out. Dude is a very nice, young player with good upside but Gerald Wallace averaged as many rebounds per game as this center and bruiser as you called him despite being a SF. Pekovic is also a very poor passer. I've never seen a talented euro big average well under 1 assist per game in 27 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Dude averages 3 assists a game mate, don't tell me he flirts with a triple double.

I love Crash, but I'm taking Pek if you give me the option, you can find players like Cash, you can;t find players like Pek.
    Tell me just one other SF in NBA history that averaged 2 blocks and 2 steals? Not even Pippen came remotely close to doing it. Gerald Wallace is far more rare as a specimen than Pekovic. You're hyping up Pekovic to be something he's not here. He's a bruising, physical center who can do a bit of everything besides pass. Nothing rare about that. A SF who can average 14 ppg, 8 rpg, 3 apg and 1.5+ spg not to mention a 2 block season? EXTREMELY rare.