Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    in christianity it is. but christians didn't invent marriage nor do they own the rights to it. if your particular church doesn't want to marry gay people then that is fine, the state has no right to force them to. but conversely the church doesn't get to tell the state who has the right to be married.
    This

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    This
    LOL Marriage is a Judeo Christian tradition. They got that tradition straight from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Warners0
    LOL Marriage is a Judeo Christian tradition. They got that tradition straight from God.
    Nope, false. Marriage predates written history even.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    but is marriage a human right? A natural human right?
    Meh. But since it does confer legal status (over 1,000 different legal rights, some of which CANNOT be granted otherwise), it's a legal matter and therefore must be equal for everyone. See: Constitution, The.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    except I'm sure all of those are man's law (inspired by God or not) that were later included in an anthology document for certain religious followers to base their life values on.

I'm no Bible master, but other than the Ten Commandments, I think God himself said very little regarding law.

Sorry, but I'm just weary of ppl misinterpreting or misrepresenting what the Bible is. Atheists, agnostics, Christians, etc are all guilty of this.
    You realize that post was a joke, right? Anybody who views the bible that literally... well... let's just say they're probably a waste of oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    God didn't write the bible.
    Jokes man, thems jokes.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Nope, false. Marriage predates written history even.
    Bingobangobongo.

"Traditional" marriage was a transference of goods, really. Nobody got married for love.

Then, people started to get married for love.

Then, people of different religions started to get married (frowned upon back in the day).

Then, people of different races started to get married (frowned upon back in the day).

See a trend?

Things changed. Things will continue to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    As an independent libertarian minded fellow, I fail to see the issue with an organization donating, or verbally stating their support for either side of any issue. To my knowledge, neither Chick-fil-a or the Magic organization discriminate against gay employees; so it would seem that both organizations are simply exercising their rights. I disagree with them on the issue, but it's not like I'm gonna boycott Chick-fil-a because their owner is exercising their freedom of speech.

Private message me when Orlando or Chick-fil-a try to deny Gay couples entrance into their venues, until then it's a non issue.
    What if they supported Nazi causes? Would you still eat at Chick-Fil-A and go to Magic games? I'm serious. What would you do then?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    That explains why your an idiot.

And fyi "libertarian" and "independent minded fellow" are contradictions of each other.

Anyone can exercise their right to free speech, doesn't mean i'm going to respect their decision or not call them a retard. Were the neo-nazis, then, "exercising their rights" as well?

I'm not going to go further into this discussion with a bunch of blindly indoctrinated religious nuts who think marriage is only suppose to be a christian heterosexual monogamous type of interaction.

Try to grow up and learn something. Hetero-normative type of behaviors weren't even in style until the turn of the 18th century. The Romans didn't even believe in love between a man and a woman, supposedly only men were worthy of love back in classical times.
    Yawn, your hostility bores me so early in the morning.

If you're going to attack me please at least know the difference between "your" and "you're".

You didn't even offer anything to back up your assertion that I'm an "idiot", so I'll just assume you're a kid who has to resort to petty name calling when you can't prove your point.

Let me clarify my statement, since it clearly went way over your head. I classify myself as an independent, but on social issues, I'm ideologically closer to the libertarian side of the spectrum, whiles on economic issues I follow the Austrian school of economic thought. I despise conservatives, but there's nothing that annoys me more than Liberals, who have this superiority complex when ever they find themselves arguing with someone from another political affiliation.

Did I say you had to agree with their opinion? I simply stated that unless they're mistreating their gay employees, denying them of their liberties, or anything of that nature, then they're simply exersing their rights to fall on either side of an issue.

Yes, Neo-Nazi's were exercising their rights, have you ever read our constitution? The KKK still has meetings, not because the state doesn't know about it, but simply because they have the constitutional right to do so. The constitution is not there, to protect people from the consequences of their own actions, but is simply there to protect their right to take such actions. The constitution doesn't protect people from falling prey to criticism as a result of their actions.

Your last two paragraphs make me question if you lack reading comprehension. Primarily because I openly stated that I'm pro-gay marriage. I not only have gay friends, but I'm also part of Pride and other gay rights support groups. Which you seemed to have completely ignored, for the sake your idiotic rant.

And even if that wasn't a fact, I'm also an atheist, which means I lack religious affiliation, which unfortunately also means your assertion that you're arguing with a religious fanatic is also invalid.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raz

You often see people compare racism to people hating gays. Which I guess is fair because both are ridiculous and it's never right to hate somebody because their different. Equality and all that other stuff. Which I agree with 100%.

That being said I feel like the hate is different. If everybody in the world was black we'd still have a race 100 years from now. If everybody was gay than well in 100 years are race would cease to exist, no? By theory anyways so no test tube babies and shit like that.

Just saying. It's 2012 so I don't really know anybody who openly hates gay people in my personal life. It would seem that those that do are those crazy religious nuts and it leads back to pro creation in some form. Didn't white people just think they were superior to black people? Seems like gay bashers think their just sick.

Either way seems at the end of the no matter what their will always be douchebags who will hate on somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    What if they supported Nazi causes? Would you still eat at Chick-Fil-A and go to Magic games? I'm serious. What would you do then?
    You have to be more specific, Nazi causes as in funding groups that carry out anti-Semitic hate crimes within the country?

Or Nazi causes as in the owner states that he's not the biggest fan of Jews?

Two completely different scenarios. Within our country right now, we have people who have completely intertwined the actions of Israel with their perception of Jews within our country.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 08-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I'm personally against gay marriage, but I'm against straight marriage too.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    That being said I feel like the hate is different. If everybody in the world was black we'd still have a race 100 years from now. If everybody was gay than well in 100 years are race would cease to exist, no? By theory anyways so no test tube babies and shit like that.
    No... just...

no.

You have to be more specific, Nazi causes as in funding groups that carry out anti-Semitic hate crimes within the country?

Or Nazi causes as in the owner states that he's not the biggest fan of Jews?

Two completely different scenarios. Within our country right now, we have anti Semitic people who dislike Jews because of the actions of Israel.
    This is pure stupidity. You couldn't be more wrong

There's a big difference between hating jews and disagreeing with the policies of a county with a large jewish population. That's like saying people hate Catholics because a few latin countries are communist.

Two completely different scenarios. Within our country right now, we have anti Semitic people who dislike Jews because of the actions of Israel.
    OK, let's say the second one. He says he dislikes Jews and spouts opinions that they are an inferior race. He feels that the right to vote should be taken away from all Jews. And funds legal organizations that work to make that happen.

Still eating at chick fil a?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    No... just...

no.
    I dunno, I don't hate gay people and like I said can't say I really know anybody who does nor have I really looked into homosexual hate

I'd have to think that's a big part of their hate tho, right? Procreation?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This is pure stupidity.

There's a big difference between hating jews and disagreeing with the policies of a county with a large jewish population. That's like saying people hate Catholics because a few latin countries are communist.

Yea I agree with you, but I've met people who classify the actions of Israel as a reflection on all Jewish people. In fact last week, after there was a moment of silence for Israel during the Olympics, I found myself arguing with someone on facebook claiming that Hitler needed to return to punish the Jews for their actions against Palestine.

It's expected though, remember we live in a country where Japanese American's were treated liked dirt, simply because of the actions of Japan, an Island they happen to be hundreds of miles away from.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 08-07-2012 at 11:45 AM.