Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Default Re: Avery Bradley vs Iman Shumpert

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Shump. I seen him lock up Rose and Wade in their matchups. Bradley on Rose?
    Lock up Wade?

In the 2 games both Wade and Shumpert played,

Wade had 28/9/4 on 10-18 (In the same game Shumpert had 3 points on 1-4 shooting)

and 28/5/4 on 11-19 (Shump had 5 points on 2-6)

In both the games, he averaged well above his season PPG!

In the only game Wade played with Bradley guarding him,

He had 15 points on 6-17 shooting (Bradley had 13 points on 5-10)

Wade shitted on Shumpert so bad in both the games whereas Bradley outplayed Wade in their matchup. Oh and Shumpert had 4 fouls in both the games which shows that he was in foul trouble most of the game trying to guard Wade.

Now put down the crack pipe son!
    Last edited by Celtic_Pride; 08-07-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Wouldn't be worrying much about Shumpert's injury, if you look him up he is doing very well. His return was meant to be January but most reports say he will be back earlier than expected and has been a beast with his recovery. I'd say Shump's ceiling is higher than Bradley's but atm Bradley has a slight edge, but saying that he has also had an additional season to get his game together and adjust to NBA level.
    ACL isn't a "rush back" injury. They really need to make sure its 100% before he comes back or he could tear it again.

No rush. That's why we got Brewer.

Banned

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...Nn4Gc9pXtsFsIM
    From June 12, but still a good read.
    -
    Here's an article from July 13, you may have seen it, but it's also a good place to check weekly for updates
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni.../iman-shumpert
    -
    Another article from July 27 on him and Rose' similar recovery path, think Rose' injury is worse as he is expected to miss a couple more months than Shump.
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...rick-rose.html

Overall I think the Knicks staff are keeping pretty tight lipped as they don't want to jump the gun if he is ahead of schedule and disappoint/anger the fans. Hope it helped. At a guess i'd say he may be back late December at best, or sometime early January.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    ACL isn't a "rush back" injury. They really need to make sure its 100% before he comes back or he could tear it again.

No rush. That's why we got Brewer.
    Yeah I know, Shumpert has stated that he wants to come back 100% and won't rush, the general consensus is/was that he is doing a bit better than expected and may return quicker than expected, not that he will rush his recovery.

Banned

Bradley gets his points within the flow of the game and is one of the best cutting guards in the league. He's also a better spot up shooter and has better defensive fundamentals.

Shumpert has more raw talent because of his athleticism and size for a combo guard but right now he's very wild with the ball and has poor shot selection. If I'm the GM of a playoff team, I'll take Bradley right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    -
    Another article from July 27 on him and Rose' similar recovery path, think Rose' injury is worse as he is expected to miss a couple more months than Shump.
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...rick-rose.html
    Shump tore his ACL just so he can defend Rose during his recovery. Now THAT'S commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    This is a really fair argument. Age isn't a factor. Both guys are legit perimeter stoppers. Both guys are jump shot limited. Both guys can and have been disguised as PGs a little bit, which is a nod to their ballhandling even though neither is a PG by any stretch. Both are coming off of injuries.

The differences. Shumpert is bigger, which makes him a more viable defender against some of the league's more valuable offensive players. Sure they're both coming off significant injuries, but I'd rather roll the dice with a guy coming off a shoulder rather than a knee given what their particular skill sets are. And in spite of neither being a strength, I'd say Bradley masquerades as a PG when need be a little better, and is probably a tad better shot maker.

Really tough call. I like both of them.
    Good post. Bradley is coming off surgery on both shoulders though, not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Lock up Wade?

Wade had 28/9/4 on 10-18 (In the same game Shumpert had 3 points on 1-4 shooting)

Wade shitted on Shumpert so bad in both the games whereas Bradley outplayed Wade in their matchup. Oh and Shumpert had 4 fouls in both the games which shows that he was in foul trouble most of the game trying to guard Wade.

b*tch, you read your stats while i watch the games. how did rose do against the celtics?
    yeah read me some of them stats homie, since you like to read stats. i will watch the games.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    b*tch, you read your stats while i watch the games. how did rose do against the celtics?
    yeah read me some of them stats homie, since you like to read stats. i will watch the games.
    Watching games would tell you that Rose was more likely to be guarded by Rondo. You were given a reasonable argument and your reply is a useless burst of Tourrette's.

Decent playground baller franchiez's Avatar

Avery bradley is a better defender, Iman is a better scorer.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by franchiez
    Iman is a better scorer.
    Then why is he significantly less efficient, scores less in more time on the court, and has a lower career high?

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Shump for me

They are close now, but Shump def has the higher upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Watching games would tell you that Rose was more likely to be guarded by Rondo. You were given a reasonable argument and your reply is a useless burst of Tourrette's.
    oh really? so the best defensive player on the team is not going to be guarding rose?
    lets put him on unstoppable kyle korver instead, talk about phony

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Then why is he significantly less efficient, scores less in more time on the court, and has a lower career high?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Lock up Wade?

He was torching Landry Fields. When Shumpert was in, Wade couldn't even move the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PNrIu2bEU