Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Should the NBA change the rules and let High School players enter the Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    "Getting killed" was a figure of speech. They are trying to protect under 21 year olds from injury.
    meh, i think they're trying to protect players in general. if anything, the older players are suffering the worst injuries. the problem is...if they make a cutoff for players, it would be ludicrous and laughed at. it's a violent sport by nature and there's only so much you can do.

it's all politics. if football was really worried about safety, they'd wear huge, silly looking, bulky padded helmets like mark kelso:

these types of helmets have been proven to be more safe than the current helmets in regard to concussions. if the nfl was so concerned about concussions, why not use the kelso helmet? money, money and more money. they cost more, they're not marketable and they don't look as 'cool'. i'm sure there's some players that would be against it but that's a small minority from what i understand. those that do are worried about the marketability aspect.

the real reason nfl has the 3 year rule....strength and conditioning is more important in that sport. you get slammed as an o-lineman and tackled or make hits everywhere else. nfl also has a deeper draft to make up for the pool of talent. if everybody could declare, they'd have a 3 round stacked draft...plenty of busts, but also plenty of booms.

btw, what's the latest on the dwight rumors? still looking like he's holding out for NJ and deron or what?
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 08-15-2012 at 07:52 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Should the NBA change the rules and let High School players enter the Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Yea it's not like Chris Johnson or most of these WR's are bulked up from Highschool. The whole bulking up thing pertains more to the defensive side but they don't need to worry as much about protection
    I saw the Bears in O'Hare airport the summer after they won the title and even the little guys were bulked up. Pretty much have to to take the pounding I'd imagine.