Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: Why Do People Call Rose Socially Awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    are people really trying to say not dancing means you aren't sociable?

what tmac says makes sense. i just think rose is slightly introverted and a guy who'd rather hang out with a small group over a large one. that doesn't make him socially awkward. it's just a personality trait. you can also talk too much and be socially awkward....i'm sure we've all been around someone who just couldn't shut their mouth to listen for one second, were horrible listeners or constantly gossiped. that, in a way, is socially awkward...or at least not in the 'norm'. it works both ways - rose just has a more serious, business-like approach and expresses himself more on the court than off.
    EXCELLENT POST

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

what a terrible post

'rose doesnt dance at the ASG, and then has the gaul to complain about not getting calls'

like rose doesnt deserve to get superstar treatment, because he wont dance!?
    That's not what a I meant. I'm just saying he tries to be humble by saying he won't dance only when the time is right(trying to be humble), then he refers to himself as a superstar and complains about calls.(not being humble)

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    That's not what a I meant. I'm just saying he tries to be humble by saying he won't dance only when the time is right(trying to be humble), then he refers to himself as a superstar and complains about calls.(not being humble)
    You just repeated what you said before...? Am I missing something? I know I'm not the smartest around so forgive me.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Yeah but maybe thats not his type of fun. The festivities might just be something he dislikes. Maybe hed rather be on a beach in Hawaii during the all star weekend? To me his "robotic" demeanor at the ag isnt awkward, he just seems like he doesnt find it fun thats all. Watch an interiew with Kenyon martin, he breaks into spasms from his shyness...to me that is awkward, not a calm disposition.

I haven't seen much of Kenyon Martin over the years so I can't speak for him. I don't know if I would say those moments were awkward though. It it's a moment when he doesn't feel inhibited then I think that wouldn't count as awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrombleacher
    You just repeated what you said before...? Am I missing something? I know I'm not the smartest around so forgive me.
    Chips_93 thinks, that I think ,Rose doesnt get superstar treatment cause he won't dance lol.

Chips_93 thinks, that I think ,Rose doesnt get superstar treatment cause he won't dance lol.
    Even if Derrick Rose tries too hard to be humble(Which he doesn't) I'd rather have someone who tries to be humble than a guy with the "Chosen One" Tattooed on his back.

Cause he's not wearing them douchebag hipster glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWINdyCity
    Even if Derrick Rose tries too hard to be humble(Which he doesn't) I'd rather have someone who tries to be humble than a guy with the "Chosen One" Tattooed on his back.
    So you'd take Rose over LeBron? So basically you'd take a guy who can't hit FTs in the clutch, over someone who dominated the Bulls in the clutch in 2011 ECF, and also dominated them in 2010?

Banned

He's not good in front of the camera. Completely understandable, there's plenty of people who aren't socially awkward at all but are terrible in front of a crowd (ex, a presentation) where all the attention is on them. Same concept.

So you'd take Rose over LeBron? So basically you'd take a guy who can't hit FTs in the clutch, over someone who dominated the Bulls in the clutch in 2011 ECF, and also dominated them in 2010?
    Since this thread is about social skills and personality i assume you are asking if fans would rather have lebron act more like rose?

I think the majority answer is yes...

Banned

Rose seems like a good guy
    The probably is that society demands and expects a herd mentality and loners are generally forced out to the abyss. Rose happens to be a great athlete and is being forced into something he isn't

Decent playground baller franchiez's Avatar

Just because hes socially awkward doesn't mean he a cool dude.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

no more socially awkward than tim duncan

rose is socially awkward. he grew up with 4 older brothers telling him what to do and how to act. if he said something stupid he probably got smacked for it. now hes a grown man worrying about what he does and how he acts and he cant really be himself around people because of how is brothers sheltered him.

hell get over it.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

LOL at certain poster tearing down Lebron's personality to prop up Rose. Maybe he should start dancing around more after Lebron handed him his ass two years in a row in the playoffs.