Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why Do People Call Rose Socially Awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    So you'd take Rose over LeBron? So basically you'd take a guy who can't hit FTs in the clutch, over someone who dominated the Bulls in the clutch in 2011 ECF, and also dominated them in 2010?
    we're not talking about skill set or clutchness we're talking about personality and honestly you shouldn't be talking bad about how someone can perfom in the clutch, because your boy couldn't in the finals two seasons ago

Banned

all-star game intro everyone was having fun but rose pretended that he was "too cool" to dance when he's just shy and awkward.

it's not that he's awkward. It's that the kid really is as dumb as a door knob. It's why he always has this glazed-over look on his face. When he talks, it's pretty obvious. He's not shy, just dumb as sh*t

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by derb2k2
    it's not that he's awkward. It's that the kid really is as dumb as a door knob. It's why he always has this glazed-over look on his face. When he talks, it's pretty obvious. He's not shy, just dumb as sh*t

Dude had to have someone take his SATs for him.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    LOL at certain poster tearing down Lebron's personality to prop up Rose. Maybe he should start dancing around more after Lebron handed him his ass two years in a row in the playoffs.
    Pretty much. The dude needs to relax. His inability to do so is partially why he got hurt. He is always reckless on the court!

He needs to do piss his money away on extravagances, a bunch of fancy cars, and get an 80 man entourage. End up broke and destitute. Then people wont think he's socially awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Once again someone who doesnt read entire posts.

I said they are similar to their business like approachto the game and their lack of tolerance for the media circus.... Thats it, and thats an accurate asessment
    Oh please you're grasping for straws here. That's like me saying I'm similar to Kim Kardashian because we have a similar approach to sleeping during the night time and a lack of tolerance for Kris Humphries.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Oh please you're grasping for straws here. That's like me saying I'm similar to Kim Kardashian because we have a similar approach to sleeping during the night time and a lack of tolerance for Kris Humphries.
    Were talking about aspects of personality in front of the media...only. No one said we were comparing their entire set of mannerisms. Really dont know why youre continuing with this when its obvious you just didnt read my post

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    are people really trying to say not dancing means you aren't sociable?

what tmac says makes sense. i just think rose is slightly introverted and a guy who'd rather hang out with a small group over a large one. that doesn't make him socially awkward. it's just a personality trait. you can also talk too much and be socially awkward....i'm sure we've all been around someone who just couldn't shut their mouth to listen for one second, were horrible listeners or constantly gossiped. that, in a way, is socially awkward...or at least not in the 'norm'. it works both ways - rose just has a more serious, business-like approach and expresses himself more on the court than off.
    Interesting post (bolded part)

In the Western world (work force especially), the socially awkward who talks too much and doesn't listen (as you mentioned) is called "perky" or "outgoing" or "bubbly" and most often than not gets the benefit of the doubt.

While the shy and quiet is labeled in ways that are not flattering (as in the case of this thread, D Rose's personality) and usually gets ostracized or out casted as the black sheep more so than the perky.

LOL at certain poster tearing down Lebron's personality to prop up Rose. Maybe he should start dancing around more after Lebron handed him his ass two years in a row in the playoffs.
    Sorta like prime Duncan handing a young Bron his ass?

If Bron had Rose' no bullshit attitude, LBJ might well be sporting a ring or two more by now...

I can't wait for a prime Rose handing a declining Bron his ass

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    He's not a good speaker. His tone of voice never changes. His speech doesn't flow smoothly sometimes in terms of cadence and rhythm. He'd make for a terrible speech giver. He'd have his azz handed to him in a debate, even if he was knowledgeable on the subject.

But who cares? That doesn't mean you aren't smart. Many nerds are like that...just walk into a chemistry lab at your local college.

And it doesn't really mean u are boring either. It just means you aren't great at dictating and making your point clear.

He's great on the court. And seems like a good dude. That's all that matters.
    I just imagined Derrick Rose giving the state of the union address.

But seriously, I dont think hes dumb or anything and I admire his approach.

Dude had to have someone take his SATs for him.
    Bron aced his SATs on his way to the University of...oh wait.

Your boy has trouble writing the word "unacceptable" so he ain't no Einstein either
    Last edited by TheMan; 08-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Sorta like prime Duncan handing a young Bron his ass?

If Bron had Rose' no bullshit attitude, LBJ might well be sporting a ring or two more by now...

I can't wait for a prime Rose handing a declining Bron his ass
    Rose is already on the decline though. Not every player is blessed with longevity and good health. That is what makes players like Steve Nash, Lebron James, Brett Favre and people from that cloth so unique. Because very few players can make it through without breaking down.

Decent playground baller sodapop's Avatar

Rose's attitude is very midwest. He's a product of his Chicago environment, raw, stable, humble and real. He reminds me of the young Isiah Thomas before the bad boy image. Dwyane Wade is somewhat the same as D. Rose, calm, cool & collected to a certain degree. People from Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Indiana, have this laid back attitude. Not too flashy, very hard to open up to outsiders.