Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    kings fan

Default Re: Starting High School Tommorow

You're going to a PRIVATE catholic school, so, clearly, your parents are super rich. Therefore, I think you already know about getting good grades, but I'm going to talk anyway.

My thoughts are that grades about time management, sleep, and actually doing the work. Split up your work over the days that you have to do it. One thing I realized too late was that the kids with the top grades actually worked. Every time I saw them, though, it never looked like they did anything. I thought they spent most of the time partying. Some of them even pretend like they hardly worked, but it's bullshit. It's like how we hardly see the extent of the work that NBA players put in and assume that they must have natural talent or something.

Please smoke all the weed you want. Go to class high, drive high, get high all alone, or get high to help you sleep. It's all good, just don't brag about it and don't drink alcohol. We gotta change this world's alcohol culture.
    Last edited by cuad; 08-15-2012 at 03:23 AM.

kings fan

It rhymes with bioturbation.

Last edited by cuad; 08-15-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Banned

Join as many clubs and get involved as much as possible.

This is the one thing I regret for my first few years in High school. It wasn't until my last few years in high school until I really got involved and that was when I liked high school the best.

I liked freshmen year though mainly because everything was new and exciting but my favorite has to be senior year and a lot of it has to do with how involved I was.

I really wish I could go back to high school though, lucky you OP.

Don't care people say or think either because after those 4 years go by they will forget it immediately and those people will be irrelevant to you and you'll be irrelevant to them. I know it's hard to think like that in your position but trust me if you can at least try to do that you'll be alright.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 08-15-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    In the middle of August?

On a Wednesday?

First day of high school in all of my 4 years was always on a Wednesday.

HS is mad easy. I almost finished (2.5 years, that's more than halfway ) and I literally put forth 0 effort and rarely showed up. So as long as you show up from time to time you should be fine.
    This is true. Graduating high school is a joke although if you want to get into a good school you'll have to put some effort into it though.

HS is mad easy. I almost finished (2.5 years, that's more than halfway ) and I literally put forth 0 effort and rarely showed up. So as long as you show up from time to time you should be fine.
    Fck ur g.e.d.

NBA lottery pick

Hit on all the older popular girls. You won't land them but you'll get respect and they'll think you're cute and shit and they will talk and hang out with you at school. That'll get you popular. All the skeezers in your grade will notice that and want to see what's up with you. All the older dudes will hate on you. But that's a good thing

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Oh noez.

Just be easy going and look at this positive. There will be way more stressful things in your life soon. Such as when you get a new job you've never done before. To me that was more nerve racking than school.

Going to a private Catholic school? Feel bad for you kid.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Going to a private Catholic school? Feel bad for you kid.
    I went to one as well, it has it's issues like any other school, just not as bad. We had people bring drugs to school like any other school. Once a month we would have mass for 1 hour, that was the bomb. Getting out of class for 1 hour a month for 4 years. I'll take it.

The nice thing about it as well was Religion class where you learned about all the other religions of the world.

make sure u punch someone in the face on the first day

Future D1 Dad

wow. i now feel old as hell. the op is the same age as my oldest son.

this is how you gain the respect of everyone.

first day of p.e. their will be showers in their, and everyone will be like

"i'm not getting in their and showering with another dude, that gay."

get butt ass naked and just walk in their, take a shower, and walk out like it was nothin.

trust me, it sounds gay.... but people will know you mean straight business.

**** them 14 year old bitches wish i could be ****ing them 14 year old bitches

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Freshman and Sophomore years are the ones where you should join clubs, get involved, make new friends, get a girlfriend, and get good grades.

Junior year and first semester senior year is when you should work the hardest in terms of setting yourself up for a really good college. Last semester of senior year should be like a mini vacation for you (same as in college for the most part).