Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Controversial Basketball opinion thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    Shorts are shorter now than they were in the early '00's.

Now:

To be fair, that's not exactly an updated picture of Chris Paul and I do not feel it's a true representation of how players generally wear their shorts now or in 2007, of which I'm guessing is the general era rom which the first Paul photo derives.

Last edited by Rake2204; 08-17-2012 at 08:56 AM.

I don't feel like Jordan is the GOAT. He didn't win a chip until the Bulls were blessed with 2 of the top 10 picks in a draft one year.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

-Iwould rather build around Dirk than KG. Not convinced you can win a title with KG taking the big shots
    -Lebron's Prime>>>>Kobe's Prime
    -08 Celtics are very overrated. Got taken to 7 games by 2 crap teams and beat an injured Lakers team
    -Bill Russell Era was watered down garbage
    -Ewing's early Knick teams were nothing special. They had a ton of 90s nostalgia players, but they were flawed. Hard-working role players that weren't consistent at generating offense. John Starks = Mo Williams.
    -Dwight Howard is incredibly underrated.
    - Nash will never play in an NBA Finals.
    -Dirk's 2011 Finals team was the least talented Finals team we have seen in awhile. Winning with that team was an amazing achievement.
    -Rick Adelman has always been an overrated coach. His teams have a history of choking/imploding
    -Even if he played on talented teams, Tmac would never have made much noise. He didn't have a winning mentality and was poor leader
    -Deron Williams is the most overrated player in the NBA right now
    -Westbrook>>>>>Rose

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Rondo is the best Point Guard in the game.

@Slikk You're wrong about Adleman, the ball movement system he implemented in Sacramento is probably the best the NBA has ever seen, certainly the best I;ve seen since I started watching ball.

The couldve won a chip but Kobe just went Nuclear in 01 and in 02 everyone saw that the refs f**ked them over.

Very very sad that they never won their ring, my favorite team of all time , watching them was amazing.
    Last edited by Rubio2Gasol; 08-17-2012 at 09:24 AM.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I don't feel like Jordan is the GOAT. He didn't win a chip until the Bulls were blessed with 2 of the top 10 picks in a draft one year.
    You're an idiot. They drafted Horace Grant and traded for Scottie Pippen on draft night. Get your facts straight. Scottie was an unknown player from a small college that no one knew what he would become.

This is some hating ass shit right here.

You want to talk about gifted teammates, check all the HOF'ers Kobe was gifted through his 16 year career.

2012 US team would crush the 92 team. Basketball has grown leaps and bounds in 20 years. There is no chance the 92 team could guard Lebron or Durant, or even Westbrook or Paul. The 2012 team shoots the 3 much better. Overall is far better defensively. Is way more skilled and athletic.

I believe Lebron is better than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    You're an idiot. They drafted Horace Grant and traded for Scottie Pippen on draft night. Get your facts straight. Scottie was an unknown player from a small college that no one knew what he would become.

You want to talk about gifted teammates, check all the HOF'ers Kobe was gifted through his 16 year career.
    Hey numbnuts I didn't say the Bulls drafted them. Moron. I said that they were blessed with 2 of the top 10 picks. Can you not read? This isn't up for dispute you idiot. There's no changing my mind.

in terms of basketball talents, kobe is a top 10 all time. in terms of basketball skills, kobe is the 2nd GOAT, edging out by a hair over michael jordan, with larry bird as 1st.
    in terms of everything, kobe is 7-8 all time.
    kobe's peak ~ lebron peak
    rondo is a top 5 player in the league right now and is the best PG in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva

LOL you don't hate on Kobe, you hate on his stans? Cause I didn't see anything in his post that mentioned Kobe. Talk about getting exposed for your agenda.
    And you can use the HOF argument for alot of superstars. Talk about agenda backfire.

Wilt would have more rings than Russell if he had played on the most stacked team ever in sports history like Russell did.

Made that high school varsity squad

I feel we as fans have been robbed of seeing Kobe's prime. Well, what i mean by that is imagine if he had Gasol from 05-07 rather than 08-10. Imagine his playoff run if he actually had some help? Shit wouldve been crazy. Keep in mind this was the time he was scoring like 40, 50, 60 points every game.

i think that's part of the reason Kobe's "prime" gets ranked so low because we base alot of people's prime on how far they made it into playoffs, if they won rings then etc. Look at it like this. Lebron just won a ring in his absolute prime. Jordan won rings in his prime. Shaq won rings in his prime. All were at their best. Kobe won rings either when he was young (still really good), or getting old and out of his prime.

And yes i said if he has Gasol because Jordan had Pippen in his prime, Shaq had Kobe in his prime, Lebron had Wade and Bosh in his prime. Look who Kobe had, Smush Parker and Kwame Brown smh.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    LOL you don't hate on Kobe, you hate on his stans? Cause I didn't see anything in his post that mentioned Kobe. Talk about getting exposed for your agenda.
    And you can use the HOF argument for alot of superstars. Talk about agenda backfire.
    It was a comparison dumbass.

He's saying Jordan didn't win until he was basically gifted two unknown commodities. Kobe was gifted first ballot HOF'ers his whole career. It's weak to say that about Jordan but deny this fact about Kobe.

I never said Kobe wasn't a great player on his own. He's fantastic when you look at all he has done, bonehead shots and all.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    2012 US team would crush the 92 team. Basketball has grown leaps and bounds in 20 years. There is no chance the 92 team could guard Lebron or Durant, or even Westbrook or Paul. The 2012 team shoots the 3 much better. Overall is far better defensively. Is way more skilled and athletic.
    :

Wait, you're serious.

Local High School Star

I'd take prime Bird over prime Jordan to build a team around and it's not even close.