Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I'm sorry but in 2012 nash/kobe/howard were allstars, paus olympics proves hes one 2

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
    This is why I hate how ovrrconfident some laker fans have become.

can you blame us? we're spoiled

we average a finals appearence every 2nd year

Default Re: I'm sorry but in 2012 nash/kobe/howard were allstars, paus olympics proves hes one 2

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

stopped reading right there

gtfo

right before the playoffs started both 2009 and 2010 every single espn analysts picked cleveland to win it all
    They were the trendy pick because they rolled through the ECF with the league's best record.

You could be right, every ESPN analyst may have been picking the Cavs. I'd have to see a link. But that doesn't mean they were better than the Lakers or even a healthy Celtics team. And the Lakers were the defending WCF champs, had everyone back, and finished with ONE less win than the Cavs int he tougher Western Conference. But yes, the Cavs were the favorites in the East that year.

Besides, I already said I'll give you 2009. They were the favorites in the East and should've made the Finals. At the same time, though, the Magic got insanely hot from three; like historically hot. It happens. And, again, in 2010 they might have been the favorites, but the Celtics were healthy, and after the first round people started to see and realize they were healthy enough to get back to the Finals.

I have no idea why I'm arguing with you about this. It's meaningless. If you want to try and make Kobe look better by blaming LeBron for not producing a Kobe vs. LeBron Finals, so be it. I honestly don't give two shits if they ever meet in the Finals, and most non-Laker and non-Heat fans don't either.

On Paper, LA looks considerably better, but how will that translate? That's why they play the games.

Miami never had to deal with a player like Gasol last year let alone Howard. LeBron can't guard either of them.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    On Paper, LA looks considerably better, but how will that translate? That's why they play the games.

Miami never had to deal with a player like Gasol last year let alone Howard. LeBron can't guard either of them.

-Smak
    It works both ways. Can LA guard Lebron or Wade(assuming he comes back fully healed)? Can LA, for that matter, even guard Durant and Westbrook? The thunder and heat would only struggle guarding Howard.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

It works both ways. Can LA guard Lebron or Wade(assuming he comes back fully healed)? Can LA, for that matter, even guard Durant and Westbrook? The thunder and heat would only struggle guarding Howard.
    So Miami can guard Kobe but LA can't guard Wade? K then.
    Nash plus Gasol and Howard will cause headaches for any team including Miami and OKC, plus you still have Kobe to worry about. Quit acting like all they have to do is stop Howard. Nash is the key, he'll make our twin tower very deadly!

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    So Miami can guard Kobe but LA can't guard Wade? K then.
    Nash plus Gasol and Howard will cause headaches for any team including Miami and OKC, plus you still have Kobe to worry about. Quit acting like all they have to do is stop Howard. Nash is the key, he'll make our twin tower very deadly!
    All this theory is nice, but nothing has been done yet. Laker fans are assuming the best case scenario when it may not be the case, primarily because the new core have not played 1 game together yet. The lakers are getting older and older, that is the one fact standing out the most.

The one thing we can agree on, however, is that the three teams have players they have trouble guarding. And because of that, I cant see the views of particular laker fans that next season's ring is already theirs. It all looks good on paper, it all sounds good in theory but what might happen will most likely not happen. The lakers could win it all, but it is just as likely at this poin that they wont.

Laker fans need to accept that Miami are the team to beat. Most other fans of other teams have already accepted this.

Default Re: Discussing who would win in a 7 game series between Lakers vs Heat and Thunder

Miami are the team to beat until proven otherwise. They are the champions who have improved with adding Ray but out of all the 3 teams the Lakers will get by far the most easy points. Both Miami and Thunder will have to work that much harder for the points than LA would.

That's not to say this Laker team will win it all but certainly helps in a 7 game series to get those cheap points.

I like our chances vs both Thunder and Heat but nothing is a given here.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Discussing who would win in a 7 game series between Lakers vs Heat and Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Miami are the team to beat until proven otherwise. They are the champions who have improved with adding Ray but out of all the 3 teams the Lakers will get by far the most easy points. Both Miami and Thunder will have to work that much harder for the points than LA would.

That's not to say this Laker team will win it all but certainly helps in a 7 game series to get those cheap points.

I like our chances vs both Thunder and Heat but nothing is a given here.
    That still assumes Kobe is willing to relinquish control of the offense to make those "easy points" the focus. I'm hardly convinced Dwight can get points easier than Bynum.

Lakers had the best front court in the league last year too

If Dwight and Pau are never sure if they're going to eat or not, the Lakers aren't nearly as threatening as on paper

Quote Originally Posted by HiphopRelated
    That still assumes Kobe is willing to relinquish control of the offense to make those "easy points" the focus. I'm hardly convinced Dwight can get points easier than Bynum.

Lakers had the best front court in the league last year too
    Bynum was inconsistent at times effort wise. You know that won't be the case with Dwight. He can be consistently dominant... Having a PG like Nash is going going to make the bigs get easier baskets. Nash is the huge key here. His court vision will be huge.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Thunder beat Lakers
    Lakers Beat Heat
    Heat beat Thunder.

/thread.

NBA rookie of the year

All this theory is nice, but nothing has been done yet. Laker fans are assuming the best case scenario when it may not be the case, primarily because the new core have not played 1 game together yet. The lakers are getting older and older, that is the one fact standing out the most.

The one thing we can agree on, however, is that the three teams have players they have trouble guarding. And because of that, I cant see the views of particular laker fans that next season's ring is already theirs. It all looks good on paper, it all sounds good in theory but what might happen will most likely not happen. The lakers could win it all, but it is just as likely at this poin that they wont.

Laker fans need to accept that Miami are the team to beat. Most other fans of other teams have already accepted this.
    + 1

Lakers wins.

Not airballing my layups anymore

The reason I can see the Lakers losing is the pace that the Thunder play. I see the Thunder outrunning the Lakers, and Kevin Durant demolishing Ron Artest this year.

Thunder vs Heat rematch. I'm calling it!

With Dwight and Nash on the team now, they cant no longer tripleteam Kobe and good luck for them guarding him 1 on 1..

Lakers easily.. Swept or if they're lucky enuff in 5..

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    With Dwight and Nash on the team now, they cant no longer tripleteam Kobe and good luck for them guarding him 1 on 1..

Lakers easily.. Swept or if they're lucky enuff in 5..
    When do the Heat or Thunder triple team Kobe?

You're about 5 years late, Kobe stan. Kobe's still elite, but you and I both know Wade and Thabo don't require triple teams to guard him. They won't stop Kobe from getting his points, but he won't be scoring easily against D-Level defenders either.

Not sure why it's hard for you people to be realistic. Rational. Reasonable.