Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Your high school sports resume

What were the sports you played and for which years of high school? How successful were those teams? How good were you in those sports? Which positions did you play? Any awards? Which was your best sport, and which was your favorite sport?

*expects a lot of lying, but try to be truthful*

Basketball

Played my soph, junior, and senior years with my last 2 years being on varsity. Never was a regular starter even my senior year. Played against some good players including Scootie Randall (now on Temple) who was the public league player of the year. My senior year team had a 22-6 record. I've got no idea what my averages were or anything like that. I'd guess and say somewhere around 6 ppg or so. I lived in the corners like Bruce Bowen. At 5'9" 170 driving to the basket wasn't really my thing and rarely went to the line, but I do remember hitting 16 straight free throws on the season or some shit like that. Probably my best accomplishment. I wasn't that tall, athletic, or the best ball handler...but damnit I could shoot.

Baseball

Played all 4 years and was by far my best sport even though it was probably my least favorite (not that I didn't like it or anything, loved it). Switched between 3rd base and shortstop. Primarily 3rd but our shortstop was also our best pitcher so on days he pitched I'd switch to short. I was varsity all but my freshman year. Hit 2 home runs on JV my freshman year but had 0 the rest of my 3 years on varsity, but was a very good contact hitter and walked a lot (lead-off hitter). Above average with the glove and though I'm not all that fast I was very good at base stealing. I was never fast in other sports but running from point A to point B I was always a little faster (such as 1st to 2nd). I was all-conference senior year, 0 HR's, don't remember averages. 18-3 record (2 of those losses by 1 run as you can see)

Football

Played just sophomore and junior year. Was never really all that great, lacked size and athleticism, and was usually hurt. Played WR and CB and only played varsity my junior year, but didn't start. Saw a lot of special teams. Didn't play my senior year because I was worried about keeping my grades up even though I probably could have handled it. One of the regrets I still have.

Other sports

Did wrestling my freshman year and I sucked. I absolutely hated it too. Not to mention my school's wrestling team was great and it made me look even worse. Hated all the weight watching and all that. It was my first time ever doing it too so I shouldn't have had any kind of expectations but still didn't like it. My basketball coach always wanted me to try track in the spring to help my stamina but couldn't because of baseball season. Never did tennis, soccer, or anything else.

Life In Marvelous Time

Default Re: Your high school sports resume

Played basketball all four years. PG. Senior year I averaged 20 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists.

Played soccer my grad year, I was terrible on defense, but I played.

Baseball

definitely my best sport. i played four years (finishing up my senior season this year) with each year being on varsity. i play third base and pitch. i was all-league second team last year and also got team MVP and i'm doing quite a bit better this year so hopefully i'll make first team

Basketball

i only did basketball for one year (senior year). i was always a good basketball player and i play all the time so i finally decided to try out for the team because friends on the team kept insisting that i try. so i tried out and made it and i was probably the best shooter on the team. i did really well in some pre-season and tournament games at shooting guard but i messed up my hip flexor pretty badly and sat the rest of the season out i'm 5'11 and only about 160

I was a 4-year varsity pitcher for my High School team. I was an average hitter and defensive player though. If I were good at those areas, I probably would be playing baseball for my current College.

I played basketball my sophomore year and that's it, and was on the JV team. My teammates were cocky douchebags and I wasn't friends with any of them.

I played football in my freshmen year, but I sprained my ankle really bad, so I decided to stay away from that sport since baseball was my sport.

Steve Nash
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Played QB in a run oriented offense (we had three 1000 yard rushers) only had like 6 pass attempts a game but I was usually like 5-6 100 yds 1 td from a little dump to one of the tailbacksU think I could have handled a lot more their was just no need. my senior year we went to the semi finals in the state playoffs previously the farthest my school had gotten wa the first round like one time in the semi finals we were up by 3 with like 2 min and their wr caught a ball clearly out of the endzone and the ref called I a touchdown and we lost. The next morning their was a picture in the paper with his feet outside the line before he caught the ball pretty shorty end to my football career.

Played baseball all 4 years at right field hit like 2 hr nothing special
    played basketball from like middle school got cut in 8th grade because ivwas a "troublemaker" so I quit forever and just played rec ball

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Soccer - Hurt Frosh Year, played JV. Varsity the next three. Leading scorer Jr & Sr years. 3rd team all district (funny this was that my coach didn't even nominate me. me and him weren't ever on the best terms)

Basketball - Frosh team, played JV & Varsity soph year. quit after that

Track - Varsity 3x, (got kicked off team Soph year...) team won districts 4x. Made regionals in Long Jump Jr & Senior Yr. Made Regionals in High Jump Senior year (first year i tried it... would've made states however i missed the event stuck in traffic lol) made regionals in 4x100 in jr year. was alternate for 4x200 frosh year. stopped doing Sprints after soph year other than that 4x100.

best sport was Track, got lots of scholarships for it in Ohio, however i wanted to play soccer and didn't want to go to school in Ohio. So i went to small D-3 school in NC to play soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    Baseball

definitely my best sport. i played four years (finishing up my senior season this year) with each year being on varsity. i play third base and pitch. i was all-league second team last year and also got team MVP and i'm doing quite a bit better this year so hopefully i'll make first team
    Any motivation to play college baseball? My friend is playing at Rutgers-Camden (DIII) right now and is a pretty good pitcher. He's a soph and trying to transfer to a D1 school to walk-on next year.

Pot Smoking

I could smoke with the best of them... Almost everyday before first period me and the boys would smoke a joint or two. It sucked walking into History class blazed out of my mind, but it was also exciting. Then after school we got out the big toys: gravity bongs and stuff like that. Sometimes we got real risky and would blaze up in the boys room.

Gym Class

I was a pretty damn good basketball player whenever we played in gym... I averaged about three or four blocks a game which was cool, because there is no better feeling than saying "Get That $hit out of Here!!!" I was also pretty damn good at flag football, I caught many passes.

Played my freshman and sophomore year on the JV squad. We weren't any good. Decided to focus on girls and partying my junior and senior year when I realized Basketball wasn't taking me anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    Pot Smoking

I could smoke with the best of them... Almost everyday before first period me and the boys would smoke a joint or two. It sucked walking into History class blazed out of my mind, but it was also exciting. Then after school we got out the big toys: gravity bongs and stuff like that. Sometimes we got real risky and would blaze up in the boys room.
    McDonald's All-American?

Football - Starting WR and DE. Once caught 3 touchdowns and got 4 sacks in the same game.. missed senior year because of injury.

Basketball - Played PF.. undersized at 6'1 but used my strength and athleticism well. Missed senior year from same football injury.

Track - Ran 200, 400, 4x1, 4x4.. got 2nd in the league for the 400 as a sophomore, but pretty much peaked that year because I put on mass for football.

Sexual Chocolate=GOAT EroticVanilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    Pot Smoking

This, other then that I've never been one for sports in school. I'd rather play with friends casually then the douches who played sports at my school.

Rugby League

I played league in my first and second year in high school, played centre position which would be like WR. I was pretty good.. you could say i was in my "prime" i loved that sport though i got over it. We got knocked out i the semi's our first year and second year we won the grand final.

Basketball. ( first and true love )

I played basketball every year in high school. I played point guard. You could say i was good. Our first 2 years we got knocked out in the semi's. I remember the second year semi final, we were down 1 with like 30 something seconds left and i had the ball, my mate set the pick and i got free, i pump faked and drew contact but the ref didn't call the foul and we didn't know what was going on and the opposing team got the ball and scored a lay up.

The 3rd year we won the grand final, it was a great feeling. We beat the team that knocked us out in both our semi finals. The score was like 52-48 and i had around 8-10 points.

Our 4th year was our worst. Our best player left to play A grade basketball. I remember him telling us he was gonna stay and play with us, but the bum ditched us Since he left we got the green light shoot.. and that's what i did. We won like 2-3 games out of 10+ but we didn't have a centre.. so we played small ball.

I remember our last game that season.. that was probably my best game i've played for school. Our current best went away on holiday so that promoted me to lead the team My first 2 years of ball i didn't get to shoot much.. i had my chance.. basically when ever i got the ball i shot. I was chucking a "kobe" from the 05-06 season.. though i was hitting the majority of my shots... when players say the hoop looks like a hula hoop b/c they on fire.. that's what i felt.

My coach's son use to come and watch us play.. he knew some basketball but he pissed me off.. guy use to criticize everyone and everything we did.. and when i shot 2 threes in a row.. he told me to drive and dish the ball..I then chucked threes from New Zealand... got one but missed most of em..

I don't know what i finished with.. but it felt guud. We did win the game also.. which was better and I got my shots

My next year i played b grade basketball.. i wasn't happy since i wanted to make a grade.. though my time would come. We didn't have a very good season. I blame the coach since he wanted us to have fun.. though to have fun you gotta win, so he let everyone play equal minutes and stuff. Though he was a good teacher and a noice guy i still hated him outside of the classroom.

My last year of school i made a grade. Good feeling, though thr guys of my team i didn't really like. I was the starting point guard which was good, though if one person didn't get the ball they would complain. I loved playing defense alone with another guy but most of them just wanted to score.

We made the semi and lost again.. pissed me off big time.. since no one really cared. I had an alright season.

I won a few awards.. mostly best team player and one best defender

I've now retired from organized sports.

Varsity Basketball 9-11 (Got sick and tired of the coach for my senior year)
    Varsity Golf 8-10 (THey hired a new coach senior year)
    Varsity Football-9 (They hired a new coach lol)
    Varsity Volleyball 12(Most fun I have ever had
    Varsity Tennis 12(Second most fun I have ever had)

BASKETBALL

Just my sophomore year in HS, on JV. I was one of our best shooters but didn't get much playing time due to my size, 5'9 and 150. I tried out my senior year, I had just moved to the school and didn't make the team.

TENNIS

Played junior and senior years. I was anywhere from 1st-3rd singles and played a few doubles matches. Don't remember my record but I definitely won most of my matches.

TRACK

Just senior year. It was my first time trying any of the events. I ran the 55m dash, 400m relay and the high jump. I ran around a 56 in the 400 and jumped 5'4. I had terrible form in the HJ but did alright anyway.