Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Ask Maga anything you want

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I always hate when people talk about the past with a mix of feelings, it must be tough to know deep inside that you couldn't fullfill your entire skills because of injuries or just because they couldn't.
    I guess that's the thing that keep my fire.
    It's okay, I stayed involved in basketball through coaching. I found that really fulfilling. Now that I'm in a new country, I don't coach anymore. I find myself becoming more and more interested in statistical analysis, and writing.

Defense is the part that i really want to improve, and in terms of body strenght too. Lateral quickness is something that i paid a lot of attention this Summer and working at the weight room too.
    Knowing how much space to give your man is really key on defense, that's why you see guys without great athleticism, quickness or length able to play respectable defense (see: JJ Redick) - I'll get back to you via PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    he shot 42% from 3 in college

he should be a good '3&D' guy in the pros, but i dont think hes quite the athlete ariza is
    I think he is, seriously.

This is even a couple of years ago, personally I dunked when I was 14 years old and it was barely and I was tall, I'm 6'7 now. When we were at a practice when we were 15 or 16 Jeff threw down ridiculous dunks, and he wasn't even that tall, his major growth came later. He is incredibly athletic, easily the most athletic basketball player I've seen and played with/against. In the swedish basketball league we've had some really athletic americans but they don't come close.

Maybe I'm hyping him up too much but you really realize how talented someone is when you play against him and Jeff got it all. defensive skills, offensive skills, really athletic, smarts... I would be really surprised if he would be considered a top 10 rookie next year.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah!

Sweden beat Azerbaijan in the euroqualifications, Jerebko got up to 19 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists..

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Yeah!

Sweden beat Azerbaijan in the euroqualifications, Jerebko got up to 19 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists..
    Important game in that group, Azerbaijan win against Bulgaria last week was not expected.

By the way, why is not Jeff playing?

NBA rookie of the year

Important game in that group, Azerbaijan win against Bulgaria last week was not expected.

By the way, why is not Jeff playing?
    He is in the US preparing for the season, with him they'd be alot better and dynamic. Now Sweden look pretty mediocre, Jerebko and a couple of

Swedish basketball could have been so much better if we would have been a little more lucky. Damir Markota who played his whole career in Sweden before turning pro picked Croatia instead and so did Lampe who is one of europe's best big guys.

But the future is bright for Sweden, Taylor and Jerebko are both getting better for every day that goes and we have some young guys who already are out in Europe.

Yes, 3 DIV I contacted me and 2 DIV II showed interest too.
    Not going to give names, sorry.

that's awesome man. I'm going through the same stage now. Its kinda cool having college coaches calling you wanting your services at their institution, it seems by the hour.

You made the right decision for sure to go pro, instead of college in the states.

What's your current Height/Weight?
    and workout routine on/off court?

millwad.... maga is legit

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Man.... those re some big numbers for a point guard.
    High games for me:
    High School 14/15 team: 38 points
    High School senior team*: 25 points
    Club senior team: 24 points
    University A team: 15 points
    Local Pro team: 4 points

Notice a trend? Haha. I could score on people at lower levels because I played every position on the court (6'4" as an 18 year old) and I was much more athletic than other people.

I suck at shooting, I always have, if I had your jump shot and no injuries, I think I could have made my national team, and had some good college offers. I made it as far as I did on defense alone, and being able to pass. Defense is all about effort, technique and knowing your opponent. When you combine it with athleticism, it becomes an easy facet of the game to dominate.
    ha, that is a noticable downward trend in correlation of the higher you went.

What pro league did you play in?

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    that's awesome man. I'm going through the same stage now. Its kinda cool having college coaches calling you wanting your services at their institution, it seems by the hour.

You made the right decision for sure to go pro, instead of college in the states.

What's your current Height/Weight?
    and workout routine on/off court?

millwad.... maga is legit
    Hey man, it's the first time i see you here since a long time ago. How is things going, going to USC? (it was that one, right?)

I'm at 5'11, 154lb nows. I guess with some Jordan's i reach 6'0
    Wow about the workout routine, i've been in Hungary for a week and just played yesterday scrimmages with an amateur team and run in the park (i'm watching my girl in the under20 european championship).

In the last month i've been doing this:
    Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays - Weights, plyos and shootaround.
    Wednesdays and Fridays - Cardio (run in the natural park )and scrimmages (something like 5on5 between pro players mostly for at least 2 hours)

I've been playing a lot of streetball tournaments, 3x3.
    We played 5 already, and we won 3 .. good prize moneys so it's cool.

What about you man?

NBA rookie of the year

Haha, LilOJMayo is a true work-out freak, his work-outs are freaky, haha.

And tell us, how is your stuff going, I PM'd a long one to you before as a reply but my computer freaked out and so did I because I wrote like a really long text to you and it all got deleted so I closed my laptop in frustration.

So due that crap our communication died out, how is your work-outs going and have any colleges reached out yet in serious ways?

And yeah, Maga is cool.

I think he is, seriously.

This is even a couple of years ago, personally I dunked when I was 14 years old and it was barely and I was tall, I'm 6'7 now. When we were at a practice when we were 15 or 16 Jeff threw down ridiculous dunks, and he wasn't even that tall, his major growth came later. He is incredibly athletic, easily the most athletic basketball player I've seen and played with/against. In the swedish basketball league we've had some really athletic americans but they don't come close.

Maybe I'm hyping him up too much but you really realize how talented someone is when you play against him and Jeff got it all. defensive skills, offensive skills, really athletic, smarts... I would be really surprised if he would be considered a top 10 rookie next year.
    Damn you've got me psyched for the season to start!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Damn you've got me psyched for the season to start!
    Haha, I meant, "I would be surprised if he WOULDN'T be considered a top 10 player"...

And haha, as a Bobcat fan you can't have many things to be psyched about so I guess a great steal like Taylor is something beyond great!

Personally I was pissed that Houston didn't pick him up, and especially considering that I'm going to move to Texas and would have had a close drive to the Rocket games. It would be so awesome to watch him play in the NBA.

There's a long way he went, he was born and raised in a small city who was crowned "Biggest white trash city of Sweden", from biggest white trash city in Sweden to the NBA is awesome!

Hey man, it's the first time i see you here since a long time ago. How is things going, going to USC? (it was that one, right?)

I'm at 5'11, 154lb nows. I guess with some Jordan's i reach 6'0
    Wow about the workout routine, i've been in Hungary for a week and just played yesterday scrimmages with an amateur team and run in the park (i'm watching my girl in the under20 european championship).

In the last month i've been doing this:
    Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays - Weights, plyos and shootaround.
    Wednesdays and Fridays - Cardio (run in the natural park )and scrimmages (something like 5on5 between pro players mostly for at least 2 hours)

I've been playing a lot of streetball tournaments, 3x3.
    We played 5 already, and we won 3 .. good prize moneys so it's cool.

What about you man?

Haha, LilOJMayo is a true work-out freak, his work-outs are freaky, haha.

And tell us, how is your stuff going, I PM'd a long one to you before as a reply but my computer freaked out and so did I because I wrote like a really long text to you and it all got deleted so I closed my laptop in frustration.

So due that crap our communication died out, how is your work-outs going and have any colleges reached out yet in serious ways?

And yeah, Maga is cool.
    Maga!nice to hear. keep winning that prize money. You seem to have gotten a little taller, and stronger also. your girl a hooper too? Yeah man, back when we used to talk on ish i was like 6'2.5 and 160 lbs soaking wet. Things have changed

Milwad! its my guru that designed my on/off court workouts. Im a small town blue collared dude. If there is an incline we run it, if you can grip it we we pull it. Results speaks for itself ( on and off court)

I have received 4 offers, to transfer. and about 6-7 head college coaches showed strong interest. I only have a few days decide. I only have 2 years left before i graduate ( June 2014).

My situation is I attend a Division I school. If I transfer to a different Division I school. I have to sit out a year. . If I transfer down a division to Division 2 don't have to sit out a year. and ill start pg at all the schools looking at me. Which is why they have been blowing up my phone calls/voicemails/texts/emails etc.

I'd be cool with waiting another year, if that means getting to play at my current school. Since I wanna graduate from here. Gotta talk to the coaches at my school, now that im getting interest/offers at other schools. I feel im better than alot of the guys on the squad , but gotta prove it . Worst comes, I can see how this school year plays out. And see where I stand going into next summer. I'll still have offers waiting for me next season where I can transfer down a Division, and play right away, but I dont think it will come to that point.

I will play NCAA college ball though because I need it for my basketball resume. It will open alot of doors/opportunites after graduation. Its not if,but when and for who ? Now that I have options.

Its a good story, my story, i'll be able to tell little kids from my small town when It's all said and done. I told my goonz from where I come from. I won't let them down, I'm a dude of my word.

#NoTalentLeftBehind

My Summer

Some of the Goonz

RIP Koby Jones. You will be missed, you will always be the leader of the goonz.

Yea, i had an amazing late growth (even being just 5'11) and weights helped a lot to get stronger specially in upper body since i always had strong legs.
    Oh yea, my girl is a pro baller too. She's in the under 20 european championship but she just played in the first round because her and some other had food poision from some eggs that they eat at the hotel. I'm here in Hungary with her parents, she will play tomorrow probably again. I think it's against Italy or Latvia.

Nice to read that things workout for the good bro, really.
    Just let me know what you choosed in the end, i would like to keep you on track to see how are you doing next season.
    Living the good life, playing ball, chilling with friends and getting some booty .. that's a REAL SUMMER ahaha

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dude, you're cut. How tall are you currently?