Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Default Re: #5 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Also to add...when he was scoring 50 PPG in the regular season on 39.5 FGA ....In the playoffs he was only scoring 35 PPG...but only taking 28.92 FGA shooting

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    but only taking 28.92 FGA

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    just checked jlauber's page, says that he is replying to this thread at 10:40 (13 minutes ago)

prepare for an essay folks
    LMAO!!!

Give props to Russell On that one! But He would have had more points with more attempts...All you need to do is look at there H2H to see how he steamrolled Russell

Banned

teammate excuse?

Wilt lost 5 Playoff series with Home Court Advantage
    Wilt lost in 4 out 6 NBA Finals series
    Wilt has played with 7 Hall of Fame players
    Wilt has played with 6 of the Top 50 Greatest Players in NBA History as selected in 1996
    Wilt played with arguably the best player in the league in 69 and 70 - Jerry West
    Wilt is a name of a team? Did the NBA really allow a team to be named after him? Because as far as I know Basketball isn't a 1 man sport. Kobe/Shaq won NOT 1 NOT 2 BUT MORE THEN HALF of their rings together that's right 2 top 10 players won half of their rings together in the same team with the GOAT coach. Yet you think their better then wilt because of rings/fmvp and by this logic maybe you think shaq>magic? Or Kobe>Magic? How cheap is heroine there?

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    LMAO!!!

Oh..He gave up and logged out.

Saw a basketball once

Wilt

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

jlauber about to bust a nut all over this thread. Pull the covers over your faces.

EDIT: Or not.

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    won NOT 1 NOT 2

Yeah, don't start with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Wilt is a name of a team? Did the NBA really allow a team to be named after him? Because as far as I know Basketball isn't a 1 man sport. Kobe/Shaq won NOT 1 NOT 2 BUT MORE THEN HALF of their rings together that's right 2 top 10 players won half of their rings together in the same team with the GOAT coach. Yet you think their better then wilt because of rings and by this logic maybe you think shaq>magic? Or Kobe>Magic? How cheap is heroine there?
    Wilt played with Jerry West IN HIS PEAK ('69 and '70)
    Jerry West is a #11-12 range player, close to top 10
    But get this, The Lakers did not win a championship in either year.

Here were Jerry's averages those 2 years:
    1969 NBA Playoffs: 30.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.5 apg, 46.3 FG%
    1969 NBA Finals: 37.9 ppg (2nd highest ever in an NBA Finals series)
    1969 NBA Finals, Game 7: 42-13-12
    1970 NBA Playoffs: 31.2 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 8.4 apg, 46.9 FG%
    1970 NBA Finals: 31.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.7 apg, 45.0 FG%

3-time NBA All-Star

He wasn't a better scorer. Kareem's scoring numbers in the Playoffs blow Wilt's away. I'll give you Rebounding and defense.

Wilt played with 7 HOFers, 6 of the voted in as the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History in 1996. Also how about playing with an additional 2 All-Stars not counting the 7 HOFers. And having the best player in the league in 69 and 70. Enough with the teammates garbage that you keep on making up.

Bottomline is that he got that ring and FMVP in '71 withot a great 2nd option, Oscar was on his last legs. And in '80 he was clearly the best player on that championship team, he actually led another title team in scoring something Wilty Wilt never did.

Only 3 ring? That's more rings than Wilt won.
    Wilt lost 5/13 series with HCA, a lower win% with HCA than Bird. Or how about the fact that Wilt lost 4/6 Finals series.

Riiight. See my thread on him choking.

Like his 1-11 FT shooting in 70 Finals Game 7?
    That is just one example of his garbage FT% in close game 7 losses.
    MJ has a case over Wilt. He is the ONLY one.
    1. Give me Kareem's post season series highs, and his 50+ point playoff games. How many 37-39 ppg post-season series did Kareem have. Wilt had FOUR. Chamberlain averaged a 30-27-5 .515 game in his first 67 playoff games (35 of which came against Russell, and six more against a Thurmond who, BTW, consistently held Kareem to awful shooting in their playoff H2H's.) Give me a list of all of Kareem's 30-27-5 .515 playoff games (and keep in mind that he played FOUR seasons IN the Wilt-era.)

2, Wilt played alongside his HOF teammates in 24 full seasons. Russell played with HIS in 71 full seasons. Russell had an edge in HOF teammates in EVERY season that he and Wilt played, and with margins as high as 5-1, 6-2, 7-2, 7-1, and even 8-0. And yet Wilt nearly beat him in four game seven's and routed him in another.

3. West was the Lakers best player ONLY in '69, and in a year in which your "HOF Top-50 player" Baylor lost THREE games in the Finals.

4. Give me the list of teammates that Wilt played with that had post-season shooting percentages of .568, .575, ..579, .582, .584, .603 and .609 ...like Bird had. I honestly believe that Wilt did not have ONE teammate who ever shot over 50% in the post-season (and if there was, it would have been very limited.

5. Bird and his THREE rings came in a decade in which he averaged THREE HOF teammates PER season. Even with all of that, he could only get to the Conference Finals in eight of them, and the Finals in five of them. Chamberlain took mostly putrid rosters, who played even WORSE (including your boy West, who absolutely choked in '72 and '73) to 12 Conference Finals, and six Finals. And, aside from '69, Wilt was the BEST player on the floor in FIVE of them (sorry "FMVP" Reed, whom he badly outplayed.)

6. You bring up Wilt's FTs. How about his FG%'s? Wilt in his SIX Finals? .517, .525, .534, .560 (against Thurmond, in Nate's greatest season, and the same Nate who held Kareem to .486, .428, and .405 in their three playoff H2H's), .600, and .625 (in a Finals in which he scored 23.2 ppg, grabbed 24.1 rpg...or the ONLY 20-20 .600 Finals in NBA history...and all accomplished only four moths after major knee surgery.

Bird's FG% in his FIVE Finals? .488, .484, .450. .449, and yes, .419. And Bird had a playoff series, in his greatest regular season of his career, in which he shot .351 (yes .351.)

Kareem? Shot .457 against Wilt in the '72 WCF's (and .414 in the last four pivotal games.) .428 against Thurmond in '73. And how about his .405 against Thurmond in '72 (and when Nate outscored and outshot him.) Or Moses holding Kareem to .462 shooting in '81 (in an NBA that shot .486. Or Kareem shooting .481 in the '84 Finals (in an NBA that shot .492.) Or Moses outrebounding Kareem by TEN per game. Or Moses dumping a 38 point game on him in a stunning round one upset. Or Kareem's '88 Finals of 13.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, and on .414, and with a game seven of 4 points, on 2-7 shooting, with 3 rebounds, and five PF's in 29 minutes, while Laimbeer and Salley just torched him?

Once again, post ALL of Kareem's and Bird's MUST WIN and SERIES CLINCHING GAMES , as well as their OPPOSING players, and we'll compare them with Chamberlain's 35 games. BTW, Wilt and Kareem had two series clinching games in '71 and '72, and Wilt outshot Kareem by a .545 to .383 margin (18-33 to 23-60) in those two games.

Just to mention I'm kind of in the works of making a thread eventually of why I think Chamberlain has a case to be in the top 3 if not GOAT...It's just my opinion, and Im going to make it as straight and to the point as possible so its no an eyesore...I'm looking forward to what you guys who I know will disagree with me will have to say...I dont know why but Ive always loved it when people disagree with me. Differing opinions make much better conversations than one's where you agree on everything

#5 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops Voting

27- Larry Bird
    23- Wilt Chamberlain
    2- Shaquille O'Neal
    2- Kobe Bryant
    1- Julius Erving
    1- Lebron James
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 08-21-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Larry bird..

Jlauber with the standard essay

I just watched Bird play and knew he was the greatest player ever.
    Then Jordan came along and overtook him in early 90's for mine.

Huge posts, stats, achievements really dont sway me on that.