Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Brooklyns new court

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    I've never seen a Brooklyn native so negatively obsessed with the Nets as you. Not just the Nets, but the whole borough itself. Soccer moms and yuppies? Brooklyn is the most populous borough in NYC yet here you are making retarded generalities while completely disregarding the diversity and this isn't the first time I've seen you do this. Don't you have any pride in where your from?
    The nets from the beginning have branded as they are this team for the people, like this affordable team for the poor black kids all over Brooklyn. ITS NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Don't get on me for speaking truth. Brooklyn is pretty expensive, it's not poor, it's not urban the way people paint it. No shit it's diverse, my ****ing house is diverse. The PR (me), his japanese wife, his mixed kids, his jew sister downstairs. My black best friend and his japanese wife here every day.

I thought they should have done Yankee Blue instead of Black. I'm hating on Brooklyn for that comment? Are you joking? Yankee Blue is a problem to you?

The Nets have from the beginning tried to brand like they are this hip urban team for poor Brooklyn that can't afford the Knicks. I don't get it. Especially because the tickets are not cheap. Sorry. And i don't like Black uniforms...in general. See my thoughts on NWO Heat and Knicks Black trimmed ugly unis.
    Last edited by niko; 08-21-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Banned

I don't mind the color scheme, the Spurs are essentially the same colors (black, silver, white .... looks more or less the same) and they seem to run well with it.

My problem is that ugly ass logo...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    I don't mind the color scheme, the Spurs are essentially the same colors (black, silver, white .... looks more or less the same) and they seem to run well with it.

My problem is that ugly ass logo...
    The logo seriously looks super amateur. Like they weren't talking it serious at all.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    dag we don't do f-cking colors down heres in Brooklyn....nah, its gots to black and white.....hard fc-king core.
    He's worth 500 mil + what makes you think he thinks like that? I swear most people on this site are just dumb...

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    He's worth 500 mil + what makes you think he thinks like that? I swear most people on this site are just dumb...
    What does that have to do with anything? Michael Jordan and James Dolan are rich too. You want them running your team?

why the purple seats? Looks like they're trying to copycat the pre-renovated MSG

They'd honestly be better off just ripping the old Dodgers logo. The garbage they're using is such a wasted opportunity.

[COLOR="Black"]B[/COLOR]

^This is really the best they came up with? Just a "B" in a boring ass standard font?

I think people think i'm being facietious but i'm not, the Nets are trying to paint themselves as the team of the people, the team for the poor people who can't afford the Knicks, a more "real" alternative, more street, etc. Living in Brooklyn where houses costs $800k and where "urban Brooklyn" was 20 years ago i just don't get the branding. It doesn't mean the unis aren't nice (i said they were in this thread) but to me living in Brooklyn and comparing what tutoring and ballet classes our kids will go to, it just strikes me as very fake.

Marcy avenue is white kids strolling around at night to go to Starbucks. It's not 1985. I think Yankee Blue and White would have been nice. to me, black feels very minor league.

Wow.....I was a bit excited about the move to Brooklyn until I saw the boring uniforms and terrible floor
    Bad enough they kept the boring @ss Nets name.
    Nobody can rock Silver and Black like the Raiders because you can't beat the pirate logo......even LA Kings gear looks pretty cool......but Nets???

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The nets from the beginning have branded as they are this team for the people, like this affordable team for the poor black kids all over Brooklyn. ITS NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Don't get on me for speaking truth. Brooklyn is pretty expensive, it's not poor, it's not urban the way people paint it. No shit it's diverse, my ****ing house is diverse. The PR (me), his japanese wife, his mixed kids, his jew sister downstairs. My black best friend and his japanese wife here every day.

I thought they should have done Yankee Blue instead of Black. I'm hating on Brooklyn for that comment? Are you joking? Yankee Blue is a problem to you?

The Nets have from the beginning tried to brand like they are this hip urban team for poor Brooklyn that can't afford the Knicks. I don't get it. Especially because the tickets are not cheap. Sorry. And i don't like Black uniforms...in general. See my thoughts on NWO Heat and Knicks Black trimmed ugly unis.
    Hold up. A few things wrong with your whole approach.

1. Compared to Manhattan, ANYWHERE is going to be a lot less ritzy.

2. Being urban doesnt just apply to the ghetto or the projects. Urban is what sells, especially to the middle class. You think Jay-Z made hundreds of millions selling his sh!t to people who dont have money?

3. I'm pretty sure I read a large portion of the Nets tickets the first year at least are going to be $10-15.

If you wanna see the court, just look at the 3D seating chart.

http://www.nba.com/nets/barclays_cen...ing_chart.html

it's the exact same, minus the center logo

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

How many time must this issue be explained to you people?

EVERY team gets an equal share of jersey sales, regardless of what team the jersey is. Brooklyn gets the exact same cut of Nets jersey sales as they get from Lakers or Raptors jersey sales.
    And..?

Brooklyn having millions in jersey sales proves that the brand is appealing to the consumer.
    The Bobcats having 800k in jersey sales proves that the consumer wants no part of the Bobcats jersey.
    You're just an uninformed hater.
    The Brooklyn brand is climbing astronomical lengths right now. I see 3 Brooklyn Net hats every day.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    Although the ticket prices i feel will be crazy, but what else can u expect with all the money the russian owner has been throwing. They started it off on the right foot in my book
    The first year is going to feature cheap ticket prices too. Just the lower level seats and elite suites are going to go up tremendously. The mid to upper level is going to remain the same as it was in NJ. The second year is going to completely change though.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    And..?

Brooklyn having millions in jersey sales proves that the brand is appealing to the consumer.
    The Bobcats having 800k in jersey sales proves that the consumer wants no part of the Bobcats jersey.
    You're just an uninformed hater.
    The Brooklyn brand is climbing astronomical lengths right now. I see 3 Brooklyn Net hats every day.
    Don't you live in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Don't you live in the area?
    I've been living in NY for my entire life and I have seen more Net hats in one week then my entire life. The Nets brand and vision is being shared by many New Yorkers and the way you dismiss or deny that is insulting and absurd.