Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Bigass Poltical thread Part IV: Here come the conventions and a hurricane

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    no, I agree with him. He is talking about the crowd. It didn't sound nearly as loud as in 08.
    I was looking for even when it seemed like the whole crowd was cheering.

Yeah, this sounded louder to me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCDxXJSucF4

I wonder if it's the arena.

Default Re: Bigass Poltical thread Part IV: Here come the conventions and a hurricane

So not only the Clint Eastwood thing completely bizarre and will probably be more talked about than Romney's speech, it also knocked the biography video of Romney off prime time.

So we got the wierd line up up

Bio video
    Clint Eastwood
    Marco Rubio then
    Mitt Romney

The video was really nicely done, but they totally killed the impact of it.
    In addition to stepping on the impact of the video, they ensured less people would see it.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

And the Democrats have Eva Longoria speaking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    So not only the Clint Eastwood thing completely bizarre and will probably be more talked about than Romney's speech, it also knocked the biography video of Romney off prime time.

So we got the wierd line up up

Bio video
    Clint Eastwood
    Marco Rubio then
    Mitt Romney

The video was really nicely done, but they totally killed the impact of it.
    In addition to stepping on the impact of the video, they ensured less people would see it.
    what exactly happened w/ Clint Eastwood? I didnt catch his monologue or w/e it was...

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    what exactly happened w/ Clint Eastwood? I didnt catch his monologue or w/e it was...
    He brought an invisible Obama on stage. The invisible Obama then proceeded to tell Mitt Romney to go **** himself. Luckily, only Clint could hear him and he didn't repeat the invisible Obama's words.

I'm not kidding.

He brought an invisible Obama on stage. The invisible Obama then proceeded to tell Mitt Romney to go **** himself. Luckily, only Clint could hear him and he didn't repeat the invisible Obama's words.

I'm not kidding.
    looks like I missed out. I'll try to catch it on youtube or something...sounds like it'll be strangely amusing...lol

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I'm not kidding.
    He also bore a striking resemblance to one Dr. Emmett Brown while rambling and muttering to himself.

Not a good look for an American icon.

looks like I missed out. I'll try to catch it on youtube or something...sounds like it'll be strangely amusing...lol
    http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,4300194.story

repped

Ok just finished watching, all I gotta say is ouch...lol...that was cringe-worthy.

Clint, what were you thinking? And the part w/ him sniding Obama for prolonging the war in Afghanistan...talk about awkward. Guess he forgot he was speaking on behalf of the GOP...

Ok just finished watching, all I gotta say is ouch...lol...that was cringe-worthy.

Clint, what were you thinking? And the part w/ him sniding Obama for prolonging the war in Afghanistan...talk about awkward. Guess he forgot he was speaking on behalf of the GOP...
    Yeah, when it was on live, I couldn't watch it, because I didn't want to see Clint that way. I didn't even see the worst parts live.

It kind of felt like an Andy Kaufman bit. Also it followed the campaign bio film. So it felt even more weird when it started to get rambling

The folks on MSNBC was saying it was a bit of campaign malpractice, not to use Clint in a better way and have him stay to a tight script. Maybe they just got starstruck. When the actor has more power than the director or the producer, you wind up with stuff like this often. It also messed up the single hour they have been devoting months of work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Yeah, they have been really trying to steal the other team's thunder this time around. It feels they are pulling stunts way more often than last time. The Obama's going to take questions on Redditt thing fits into this as well.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 08-31-2012 at 04:57 AM.

As for the Afghanistan thing, McCain's old campaign manager from 2008 is now the Republican insider commenter on MSNBC and he pointed out that Mitt mentioned it only once. He said that shows more than ever it's time to bring those troops home.

It kind of felt like an Andy Kaufman bit.
    Actually Bob Newhart has tweeted that Clint was doing him.

Newhart made a career of doing one half of a telephone call, such a security guard on his first night,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    How does Romney deflect the criticism concerning him not releasing his tax returns?
    Because **** you. That's why.

Stopped watching the Clint Eastwood speech after he said he doesn't like the idea of lawyers becoming President.