Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Michael Jordan's work ethic overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    True story. One of the more hilarious "Kobetard-isms" I've heard is that LeBron's points aren't impressive because he has so many dunks, and "dunks aren't shots". As if we should hold it against LeBron that he can drive in and dunk on people If it was so easy to score the way LeBron does, why doesn't everyone do it? Heck why doesn't Kobe do it? Surely, such a simple way of scoring would be child's play for "the Gawd"?
    Kobe is a chucker, LBJ isn't. Kobe was putting up a gang of ugly shots in the olympics, I was embarrassed for him. LBJ gets hammered by kobetards because he rarely chucks away

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Ummm, someone having amazing stamina is not anywhere near as unbelievable as someone killing a mountain lion with his bare hands. Jordan isn't even the only one that has had those type of stories about him. Dennis Rodman and Allen Iverson have had similar stories told about them.
    I know, I was kidding. But I feel like it's only a matter of time before we reach that point though. Jordan is already looked at as some completely uncontainable basketball God that never once ****ed up in his career. Can you imagine what it will be like 20 years from now? I bet there will be all kinds of looney myths about Jordan. Like something about Jordan returning to his hometown as an NBA player to **** his high school basketball coach's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan

Great point.

Kobe klowns are actually proud that Kobe takes a lot of tough contested jumpers , that explains why== his FG% is shit The whole point of basketball on the offensive side of the ball is to get the most high percentage shot that's available you numbnuts

lay up=high percentage shot
    contested 24 foot shot=low percentage shot

We might need to break it down kindergarden style to these Kobetards they are really an ignorant lot.
    How is Kobe's FG% shit? 45% is fine for an elite SG. Jordan shot 49% for his career, just 4% better than Kobe. So what would you consider his FG%? Mediocre?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    How is Kobe's FG% shit? 45% is fine for an elite SG. Jordan shot 49% for his career, just 4% better than Kobe. So what would you consider his FG%? Mediocre?
    What was Kobe's FG% last year again?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    What was Kobe's FG% last year again?
    43%, just 2% worse than his career average. Big whoop. People make such a big deal out of that when a 2% difference doesn't really mean shit.

3-time NBA All-Star

I know, I was kidding. But I feel like it's only a matter of time before we reach that point though. Jordan is already looked at as some completely uncontainable basketball God that never once ****ed up in his career. Can you imagine what it will be like 20 years from now? I bet there will be all kinds of looney myths about Jordan. Like something about Jordan returning to his hometown as an NBA player to **** his high school basketball coach's wife.
    Eh, doubt it. I think "myths" in general will not nearly be as prevalant 20 years from now because of how everything has been so much better documented over the past 20-30 years.

43%, just 2% worse than his career average. Big whoop. People make such a big deal out of that when a 2% difference doesn't really mean shit.
    He's treading on volume scorer there...not a good trend.

it's well documented that Jordan had an inhuman amount of energy and stamina. He probably worked his ass off and partied his ass off because he could