Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan's work ethic overrated?

One thing I noticed about MJ, he was very Poor 3 point shooter.. If he have time for gambling and golfing why not work with his 3 point shot.. He was a SG and it compulsory for a 2 guard to be at least a decent 3 point shooter..

I know people here will defend him and makes excuses that it will destroy his game.. fak it! How can a good 3 point shooter will destroy his game.. Mostly it will improve his game and add some weapon from his offense..

MJ was really overrated in terms of work ethic.. Cant even work to improve his 3 point shooting..

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    One thing I noticed about MJ, he was very Poor 3 point shooter.. If he have time for gambling and golfing why not work with his 3 point shot.. He was a SG and it compulsory for a 2 guard to be at least a decent 3 point shooter..

I know people here will defend him and makes excuses that it will destroy his game.. fak it! How can a good 3 point shooter will destroy his game.. Mostly it will improve his game and add some weapon from his offense..

MJ was really overrated in terms of work ethic.. Cant even work to improve his 3 point shooting..
    Yah he was such a poor 3 point shooter he shot 6 in a row in a finals game.

He is a very poor 3 point shooter indeed, his career 3pt fg is .1 less than Kobe's. Jordan is terrible in 3 point shooting zomfg!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    His work ethic is legendary, that's all he talks about, he even has a commercial about it.
    Why didn't he work hard as an executive? He was/is notoriously absent and negligent of day to day responsibilities.

Why do people not mention that when discussing his "relentless work ethic and uncompromising competitiveness?"

As a general manager and probably as an owner, he barely worked at all. His team sucks. He hardly cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CyJdCq-zU

see?

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

A lot of guys said he never seemed to sleep. In that case, that frees up 33% more time to play gold, gamble, and train. That's a lot of time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
    A lot of guys said he never seemed to sleep.
    Perhaps, mate, this tendency wasn't 100% au naturelle and his mid-career 'retirement' was actually an imposed sanction for failing a drug test.

The expulsion length for 'substances of abuse' is two years, mates...

I'm just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    Yah he was such a poor 3 point shooter he shot 6 in a row in a finals game.

He is a very poor 3 point shooter indeed, his career 3pt fg is .1 less than Kobe's. Jordan is terrible in 3 point shooting zomfg!
    3ptfg will not tell you the whole story dude.. Kobe take more and most of them were contested and tougher shot.. And in Jordan era the 3point line was shorter..

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    Making excuses.. That's prove my point.. He's a lazy bum..

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

I do find it disappointing that there's pretty much nothing out there on what his offseason workouts consisted of. If you have followed his career, you can see a gradual improvement in his skill level and polish year-after-year. To the point where he went from VERY raw(84-87) to someone who pretty much perfected the game by 92-93. The guy was clearly working on his game, but there isn't any written material on it. MJ never talks about it either. In fact, listening to him, you'd think all he did during the summer was play golf. I've read almost every book about him too, yet the extent of talk concerning his work ethic is how "hard" he worked. That's all. No details.

I wish somebody would've just sat down with him once and discussed his GAME. Just his basketball ability, nothing more. Would've been a fascinating interview.

You can only work hard at something to a certain extent. If you don't, you'll start losing the love for it.

3ptfg will not tell you the whole story dude.. Kobe take more and most of them were contested and tougher shot.. And in Jordan era the 3point line was shorter..
    Yah Kobe is so great he takes so many 3s while having a hand on his face everytime. Kobe's IQ is zoooooomg so great he can't get a better shot than a contested 3. In Jordan's era the 3 point line was shorter only in 2 years, he played 15 seasons but yeah he sucked. Jordan could get easy shots while Kobe couldn't so Kobe sooo much greater. Kobe da GAWD!

You idiots are amusing really.

Yah Kobe is so great he takes so many 3s while having a hand on his face everytime. Kobe's IQ is zoooooomg so great he can't get a better shot than a contested 3. In Jordan's era the 3 point line was shorter only in 2 years, he played 15 seasons but yeah he sucked. Jordan could get easy shots while Kobe couldn't so Kobe sooo much greater. Kobe da GAWD!

In Jordan era, they played no defense thats why Jordan gets easy shot.. If he play today, he's lucky to avg over 45fg% and 25fg% from three.. Fact..

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Shut up you Jordan nut hugger.

MJ couldn't sniff Kobe's Playoff 3pt stats

81 pts baby!!!

How great is our gawd

Making excuses.. That's prove my point.. He's a lazy bum..

In Jordan era, they played no defense thats why Jordan gets easy shot.. If he play today, he's lucky to avg over 45fg% and 25fg% from three.. Fact..

You make up FG% and 3P% numbers out of thin air and follow it up by stating "Fact." You do realize how stupid that is, don't you?
    Last edited by KG215; 08-24-2012 at 04:06 AM.