Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Unsigned guys that never made it to the NBA that you always thought had it in them

if that made any sense

anyways this dude Majic Dorsey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tQoqbNR8EQ

remember watching him in all the and1 days and following his career, hoped he'd perform well in several stints in the Dleague but is just one of those cats that can dominate inferior competition but just not meant to be in the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrvU4RZp9M

---------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdp2ch28Dk
    Dionte Christmas

Temple Guard with 3 damn good seasons but failed to stick with an nba team on his initial attempts played overseas and has done a pretty good job.
    hopefully he sticks with the celtics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGt-wKRlBsM

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Unsigned guys that never made it to the NBA that you always thought had it in them

I know he has signed to play in Europe, and I also know his draft position was very unwarranted..... but after watching Ike Diogu play alot in college at ASU, I never could quite understand how he didn't become at least a career benchwarmer in the NBA

Local High School Star

Default Re: Unsigned guys that never made it to the NBA that you always thought had it in them

Earl manigault -from what I've heard

Kareem Reid -my favorite high school baller

Ed Cota -played against this cat on a tournament

Frank essis -no you never heard of him but he was a 6'5 Sg in my high school he had the goods

Felipe Lopez- yea he made it but coming out of hs he had the buzz of the next Jordan

Scottie Reynolds

Jonny Flynn. I still think the dude has it.

David Khan destroyed Jonny Fynn's career. David Khan should be prohibited from doing anything basketball related.

Flynn had so much game and potential.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    David Khan destroyed Jonny Fynn's career. David Khan should be prohibited from doing anything basketball related.

Flynn had so much game and potential.
    How exactly did he (a GM, not a coach) destroy Flynn's career? By drafting him too high? By giving him an opportunity to start right away?

Johnny Flynn destroyed Johnny Flynn's career by being a below-average professional basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    How exactly did he (a GM, not a coach) destroy Flynn's career? By drafting him too high? By giving him an opportunity to start right away?

Johnny Flynn destroyed Johnny Flynn's career by being a below-average professional basketball player.

Jonny Flynn was drafted along with like 6 other PGs. David Khan was never really committed to him he was too busy sucking off Ricky Rubio. I know Flynn got injured but dam atleast let him work his way back instead of kicking him to the curb.

David Khan just wanted Ricky Rubio the entire time.

The dude from Hoop Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    Jonny Flynn was drafted along with like 6 other PGs. David Khan was never really committed to him he was too busy sucking off Ricky Rubio. I know Flynn got injured but dam atleast let him work his way back instead of kicking him to the curb.

David Khan just wanted Ricky Rubio the entire time.
    Kahn gave Flynn 2 years to prove himself, and Flynn stunk it up BAD. He was just a bad pick.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I know he has signed to play in Europe, and I also know his draft position was very unwarranted..... but after watching Ike Diogu play alot in college at ASU, I never could quite understand how he didn't become at least a career benchwarmer in the NBA
    Ike did really well in the Olympics and the qualifiers. I don't know if it was a money thing or what, wanted too much and by the time he realized he wasn't getting it it was too late so had to go out of the league, but I agree he is an NBA player. A marginal one, but guys that can catch an entry pass and score inside (and do nothing else) are worth a roster spot.

Flynn showed a lot of signs of a good young basketball in year one before the injury. After the injury he didn't show much, but you have to give a kid time to heal and get back from the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Flynn showed a lot of signs of a good young basketball in year one before the injury. After the injury he didn't show much, but you have to give a kid time to heal and get back from the injury.
    You don't have to do fcking sht.

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    Ed Cota -played against this cat on a tournament
    Cota was so sick at UNC. Probably one of the 5 best passers I have ever seen.

Nice mix:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzvvfWkm8c

Schea Cotton is a decent one. Did he even go to college? Dajuan Wagner used to be beast.

But the one I'm thinking of is Jonathan Hargett. There was a good piece on him in the NYT the other day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/sp.../6VWUJVzncWalw

[QUOTE]Amar

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Dee Brown