Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller franchiez's Avatar

Default Re: Unsigned guys that never made it to the NBA that you always thought had it in them

James Richard "J. R." Reynolds

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Unsigned guys that never made it to the NBA that you always thought had it in them

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    some of you really need need to re-read the thread title its states players that never made it to the NBA
    i guess they don't have to, my 2nd example had stints on summer league so i can't even really follow my own direcitons

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    i guess they don't have to, my 2nd example had stints on summer league so i can't even really follow my own direcitons
    it was just funny that some mentioned players were drafted in NBA and some were even lottery picks. But i can understand that it is easy to misread the title

I haven't read the whole thread but did any1 mention Ronny Fields? He played at the same HS as Kevin Garnett but had a real bad car accident.

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    I haven't read the whole thread but did any1 mention Ronny Fields? He played at the same HS as Kevin Garnett but had a real bad car accident.
    yeah but he recovered from it and was still the same player as before the accident

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Terrance Williams

No clue why anyone thought this guy would be good. He was a 4 year college player that needed the ball in his hand and was still really unpolished as a player.

Banned

Vassilis Spanoulis

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    yeah but he recovered from it and was still the same player as before the accident
    I knew he recovered but always thought he lost something due to the injuries of the accident. But oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    I knew he recovered but always thought he lost something due to the injuries of the accident. But oh well...
    maybe mentally it had an affect on him

Ray Lew

Learning to shoot layups NickTheQuick31's Avatar

I always thought Miles Simon of Arizona duringthe mid 90's would be a good NBA player. Simon was the star of a team that featured Mike Bibby and Jason Terry. Simon took every clutch shot for the WIldcats, would often be there top scorer and seemed like a real smooth player, never flustered. I know he was drafted by Orlando but I dont think he ever actually played an NBA game.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    Jonny Flynn was drafted along with like 6 other PGs. David Khan was never really committed to him he was too busy sucking off Ricky Rubio. I know Flynn got injured but dam atleast let him work his way back instead of kicking him to the curb.

David Khan just wanted Ricky Rubio the entire time.
    Typical ignorance where someone just regurgitates what he hears (Khan drafts point guards) without taking an ounce of effort to understand what happened.

Yes, that year he drafted Flynn, Rubio, Lawson, and Calathes..... but it was clear Rubio wouldn't be in the NBA the next year, Lawson was traded to Denver, and Calathes was traded to Dallas and played in Europe instead.

That left Flynn with more than ample opportunity to prove himself as at least a potential rotation player... which he didn't. There's a reason why he's been on 3 teams in 4 years and has only played in less than 30 games total the last 2 years. He's not good.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Cota was so sick at UNC. Probably one of the 5 best passers I have ever seen.

Nice mix:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzvvfWkm8c

Schea Cotton is a decent one. Did he even go to college? Dajuan Wagner used to be beast.

But the one I'm thinking of is Jonathan Hargett. There was a good piece on him in the NYT the other day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/sp.../6VWUJVzncWalw
    awesome article.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Marco Killingsworth. That guy was a damn beast.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheQuick31
    I always thought Miles Simon of Arizona duringthe mid 90's would be a good NBA player. Simon was the star of a team that featured Mike Bibby and Jason Terry. Simon took every clutch shot for the WIldcats, would often be there top scorer and seemed like a real smooth player, never flustered. I know he was drafted by Orlando but I dont think he ever actually played an NBA game.
    He played 5 games:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...simonmi01.html

I really liked him as well. I thought he would be a better pro than Bibby.

He ended up becoming the GOAT of the CBA, and playing overseas a little. You can't tell me that a team like the Lakers or some other team couldn't have done with a clutch shooter spotting up in the mold of a Steve Kerr?