Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    National High School Star

Default Re: Unsigned guys that never made it to the NBA that you always thought had it in them

Quote Originally Posted by JBrizzy
    How many times do I need to post before I can search the forum? And why??
    The answer is never. The only thing you can do is that SITE:www.insidehoops search on google, which is almost worthless unless you want random threads from like two years ago. Why can't we do it? No idea, but it would definitely make this place better to use. I forget about half the posts I make so I never end up continuing conversations. Seems like a very basic function for modern message boards.

Default Re: Unsigned guys that never made it to the NBA that you always thought had it in them

Guys who made it, but can't seem to at least be there consistently
    Since everyone else is doing it, I'm making my own list
    -I thought Darius Washington Jr. had a decent shot, but he left at least one year early.

-Like someone else said Ike Diogu. He can ****ing rebound like a pro.

Guy who has yet to make the NBA
    -Chris Lofton. Even though he's short, ****er still lit it up playing with testicular cancer. I thought he'd at least get drafted, since Ben Gordon was still pretty successful at the time. Only made it to the d-league so far.

Frank Williams, I think, could have been great. I don't know what happened with him, but he might be one of the most unique talents I've seen in college bball.

-Smak

Smak: you're an Illini fan, yah?

The guy wasn't going to be a star or anything, but I always though Roger Powell had NBA ability. He seemed to have an improving jumper and I loved his toughness. Looking at his measurements, 6-6 with nearly a 7 foot wingspan? He could have played SF (am I mis-remembering his defensive ability) and kind of turn into a poor mans Delfino type player.

I don't know. I just remember watching some of those Illinois games back in 2005 and thinking, at times, he was the best player on that stacked team. Did he even get a look in the NBA?

oya. Somewhat. I feel like the team dropped off. I am still mad that they got rid of Bruce... so I dunno. I keep tabs on them.

Roger was a beast. He could shoot, too, but yeah he was too small. A lot of Illinois guys were pretty good and never made it far.. Pruitt, Augustine... Dee Brown.

But I think Frank Williams was a prototype NBA PG. Other than Deron or Meyers Leonard (who is gonna be good, too) I think Frank had the most potential of anyone I saw play. They acted like he had a lot of problems, though. He sure fell out of the NBA fast.

-Smak