Default Re: #11 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Oscar RObertson!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    No

#5 Thread made on 8/20 8:36 PM
    #6 Thread made on 8/21 12:06 PM

15 hours

That is longer than almost every thread.

I posted the wrong results, here was the most updated results on #5
    So it was 3 votes away and you ended it? You had no problem making other threads longer under the excuse that it was close before, and now you end threads with a 3 vote difference. That's some crazy obvious bias.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    What's really strange is....for years we heard 'winning is overrated"....."winning is a team acomplishment"....__________ (fill in star who won) only wins because of a great team"

- Now that Lebron won a Title in a asterik season he is now the 11th greatest player according to ISH...he basically jumped at least 15 spots

for winning a title.

- yet the same criteria doesn't go for other superstars who won more...alot more.

Its about the context...

Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I do and they were not DPOY runner ups...
    Oh, and how about this gem...he striaght up LIES and says West and Robertson weren't DPOY runner-ups. Clear as day manipulation in response to someone telling him to include DPOY runner-ups for the other players since he did it for LeBron.

Why, pauk, didn't you tell him that poster thetruth and tell him that DPOY wasn't awarded at any point in West's and Robertson's careers?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Oh, and how about this gem...he striaght up LIES and says West and Robertson weren't DPOY runner-ups. Clear as day manipulation in response to someone telling him to include DPOY runner-ups for the other players since he did it for LeBron.

Why, pauk, didn't you tell him that poster thetruth and tell him that DPOY wasn't awarded at any point in West's and Robertson's careers?
    What? So they were DPOY runner ups?

Ehm... they were not DPOY runner ups because:

1. DPOY didnt exist during their days
    2. They were not that good defensively, especially not Oscar Robertson... so even if it would exist its extremly unlikely they would have been any DPOY runner ups...

Dont make your brain bleed...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-24-2012 at 06:00 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

'Bronze wouldn't even be the runner up if he played in the 1960s, with Russell and Wilt in the league.

What? So they were DPOY runner ups?

Don't you see the problem regarding this?

STOP...stop right there. That's all you need to know. As soon as you realized or knew this, you shouldn't have included it as part of your resume comparisons. At that point absolutely nothing else matters. Not subjective things like your opinion on who the better defender was, or who the general NBA fan population thought was the better defender, nothing. All you needed to know is that the award did not exist when two of the players you're comparing LeBron to were playing.

I thought KennethGriffin was as bad as it got when it came to ruthlessly and ignorantly defending his favorite poster. I was wrong, you're just as bad, if not worse.

I do not give two shits whether or not you or anyone else thought Oscar Robertson and Jerry West were good defenders.

You don't get to us the cop-out of "LeBron is the better defender of the three, though" to excuse your ignorance.

That's not the point you dumbass. How hard is that to understand? I've called you out repeatedly the last two days on this and you still can't seem to comprehend what I and everyone else is trying to tell you. Notice, out of all the times you've tried to defend your reasoning for using things like POTM and DPOY to compare LeBron to Robertson and West, NO ONE has defended you, but plenty of posters have called you out on your stupidity.

Dont make your brain bleed...
    I'm not making my brain bleed, you are.

And none of that excuses why you manipulated that poster who asked you why didn't include when West and Robertson were DPOY runner-up. Instead of telling them they didn't because the award didn't exist, you just told him they never finished runner-up in DPOY voting. You shouldn't be trying to manipulate someone into thinking LeBron is the better defender that way. He and any other poster should be presented with ALL the facts, and then be left to make that decision for themselves.
    Last edited by KG215; 08-24-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Banned

LeBron James is my vote and I can't believe people said Charles Barkley

KG215... With your logic, we should remove Michael Jordans 6 FMVPs when compared to Bill Russell because the FMVP didnt exist during Bill Russells time... awesome...

There is no point in going into hypothetics, its extremly subjective that way. Because hypothetically for example Bill Russell had at least 8 FMVPs or more considering he was the best player in his team at least 8 of those Finals... then you think about DPOY, hypothetically he won at least 8 DPOYs aswell considering its known he was the best defensive player in his era... 11 rings, 5 MVPs, 8 FMVPs, 8 DPOYs.... that would have made him the GOAT... with a ridicilously huge gap...

Do you want to play it that way?

But in Lebrons case against West and Oscar, they hypothetically would have NOT won any DPOY (or been runner ups)... especially not Oscar Robertson... they were not that good defensively... MVP did exist back then and Oscar had 1 and West had 0... FMVP did also exist during Wests Finals runs, he actually got his only FMVP when he didnt get a championship, when he did get a championship he was a sidekick next to a 35-15-4 (if i remember correctly) averaging Kareem... so no matter how you twist and turn it, Lebron was better, he accomplished more...

I know its extremly hard to digest that, especially as a Lebron hater... but you need to deal with it...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    'Bronze wouldn't even be the runner up if he played in the 1960s, with Russell and Wilt in the league.
    Exactly. If he's going to use the hypothetical excuse of "neither of them would've finished DPOY runner-up in their career anyway" then we get to do the same thing by pointing out LeBron wouldn't have either if the was playing in their era.

If the award existed during the 60's, the meat of West's and Robertson's careers, it would've been a battle between Russell and Chamberlain every single season for DPOY. They would've ran away with the voting and, at best, LeBron would've finished a VERY distant third in the voting.

KG215... With your logic, we should remove Michael Jordans 6 FMVPs when compared to Bill Russell because the FMVP didnt exist during Bill Russells time... awesome...

This really shows how stupid and ignorant you are. I, nor anyone else is using FMVP when doing a side-by-side resume comparison between Jordan and Russell. I've NEVER seen anyone do that when arguing why one should be ranked over the other; and if I saw someone doing so I'd call them out on it.

You, on the other hand, are BLATANTLY doing just that with DPOY and POTM to argue why LeBron should be ranked higher than Robertson, West, and Moses.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Lebron James

1x Champion
    1x Finals MVP
    3x MVP
    8x All-Star
    8x All-NBA Selections
    4x All-Defensive Selections
    1x Scoring Champion

Jerry West? Lebron accomplished just as much in a tougher era. The league doesn't compare to what it is now.

Moses Malone? 1 ring, 1 finals mvp, 3 mvps...Lebron has all that.

Oscar? 1 ring as an old man behind Kareem, 0 finals mvps. Lebron's 27-7-7 career average in this era is better than Oscar's triple doubles in the 60s era which had an all-time high pace. He wouldn't that that in this era that's for sure.

Isiah? Don't know why he got 2 votes. Isn't even in the conversation, Lebron is just better.

David Robinson? Got 1 vote, but he never led a team to a title like Lebron has.

Barkely? Lebron has accomplished much more in his career
    I vote LeBron James and what are the current results anyway dude? Should start counting before this thread gets even longer