Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: DWade: "I don't know if Lebron has the ability to pass Jordan..."

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Doesn't change the fact that current Lebron is better than any version of Kobe. And thats a fact.
    Not really.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 08-24-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Not mad at all. I ahave Kobe on as 7 in my top 10 all time players. Doesn't change the fact that current Lebron is better than any version of Kobe. And thats a fact.
    I have to disagree. 01, 03, 06 and 07 (borderline 08) all are pretty close.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Lebron. Goat sidekick

If 3 of Kobe's don't count, your heros only 1 doesn't count.

Never said they didn't count. But why should Lebron be penalized because he didn't go to a team playing with Shaq, Eddie Jones, Van Exel, etc. Not sure if you watch the playoff this season, but Lebron had a Finals run that was better than any Kobe run ever. Not sure how he was a sidekick in 12 when he was by far the best player on the court.

Never said they didn't count. But why should Lebron be penalized because he didn't go to a team playing with Shaq, Eddie Jones, Van Exel, etc. Not sure if you watch the playoff this season, but Lebron had a Finals run that was better than any Kobe run ever. Not sure how he was a sidekick in 12 when he was by far the best player on the court.
    2009's pretty good imo.
    and his 2002 finals was pretty up there too i think. 27-6-5
    52 fg% 55 3point%
    Last edited by riseagainst; 08-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.

3 sidekick rings and one where he got carried by his teammates in game 7 of the Finals

Lebron is the better player.
    I love how people bring up Kobe's "2nd fiddle" rings with Shaq yet don't bring up the fact that on some nights Lebron isn't even the best player in the backcourt. Even though Kobe's first 3 rings came with Shaq, Kobe has never shared the backcourt with anybody, much less duck out of his team in order to team up with other superstars. Kobe has stayed up, let the front office do their jobs and has played to the best of his ability with the cast around him, how the hell can people fault him for that?

Anyways point of the matter is that Kobe has NEVER been 2nd fiddle to anybody in the backcourt, and since Shaq left in 04 Kobe's clearly been the man of his team. Imagine what would have happened last year if the Heat won (they got upset by the Mavs, a team nobody picked to win) and Wade got MVP, then would Lebron have been carried to his 1st ring as well?

It's funny, the only way you can try and talk up bronzey is by diminishing all of Kobe's achievements. You compare him to Kobe as you know he's better, yet you continually argue like a retard than bron is so great...

1 ring with the super best friends team. Gtfoh

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    2009's pretty good imo.

His best imo.

jezus.... Now Lebron is better than Kobe ever was?

Either you all think you have seen Kobe through the years, or you have no clue.

Lebron plays great but needs to put a string of 5+ years of greatness to be even thought of as one of the "all time greats".

Dont get me wrong, Lebron is great! Just not in the discussion yet to me.

His best imo.
    yes, definitely. And I think it's pretty close on par with Lebron's 2012. It's just a difference of opinion I guess.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Already equal to Kobe tho

this is what separates us kobe fans from most lebron fans

we actually put kobe where he is ranked by everyone

around #6-8 all time

lebron fans put their favorite player ( with an obvious at best top 15 all time career ) along side kobe

kobe is a legend. his careers set in stone. hes achived a magic/bird type status all time

lebrons reached a high level and accomplished something. but enough to be in the same sentence with those other guys?

no

hes not on that tier yet

hes with the guys like moses/erving/oscar types

all time greats with 1 title

you need to prove the 1 title wasnt a fluke in order to crack that top 10 list

It's funny, the only way you can try and talk up bronzey is by diminishing all of Kobe's achievements. You compare him to Kobe as you know he's better, yet you continually argue like a retard than bron is so great...

1 ring with the super best friends team. Gtfoh

I bring up my opinion on Kobe when I feel he is being overrated. I gave him praise in the 81 point game thread. And even said they 3 peat if Bynum/Ariza were healthy in 08. Is he a top 10 player? Yes. Will he go down as the 2nd best SG ever? Yes. Is he better than Lebron? Sorry, but I don't think so. And the super team excuse is pretty weak. Lebron had to some heavy lifting to get that team to the Finals. Wade wasn't close to healthy, Bosh missed a ton of games, and the role players played like trash until the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    yes, definitely. And I think it's pretty close on par with Lebron's 2012. It's just a difference of opinion I guess.
    Its on par, but I give Lebron the edge because I thought he had to do more for his team. Wade/Bosh were hurt, role players were trash until Finals, and Lebron played better in his Game 7. 09 is underrated though. That Lakers team was pretty young if I remember and Bynum wasn't nearly 100% Also, Kobe had a hand injury, right?

College superstar

Lebron. Goat sidekick

If 3 of Kobe's don't count, your heros only 1 doesn't count.
    Lot of people won't even acknowledge the 2012 title, much like the 1999 NBA championship.

I bring up my opinion on Kobe when I feel he is being overrated. I gave him praise in the 81 point game thread. And even said they 3 peat if Bynum/Ariza were healthy in 08. Is he a top 10 player? Yes. Will he go down as the 2nd best SG ever? Yes. Is he better than Lebron? Sorry, but I don't think so. And the super team excuse is pretty weak. Lebron had to some heavy lifting to get that team to the Finals. Wade wasn't close to healthy, Bosh missed a ton of games, and the role players played like trash until the Finals.
    So lebron is a better player in your eyes why exactly???

Rings, achievements etc Kobe>bron
    Footwork,shooting,post moves Kobe>bron
    Don't even get started on clutchness, lebron is still shit when the pressure is on.
    Lebron is a better passer and rebounder, he should be at his size.

I just don't see how ppl can rate bronzey so highly, especially in all time standings as his career is only half over. Kobe's longevity is also hugely in his favour, after all these years he's still a beast

Its on par, but I give Lebron the edge because I thought he had to do more for his team. Wade/Bosh were hurt, role players were trash until Finals, and Lebron played better in his Game 7. 09 is underrated though. That Lakers team was pretty young if I remember and Bynum wasn't nearly 100% Also, Kobe had a hand injury, right?
    What you said is true. But ....

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker

I thought we were strictly talking about Finals.
    But if we're talking about playoff runs as well. I think his 2001 playoffs was incredibly good (unless you don't wanna count it since he's a sidekick). But the fact that he completely destroyed the Kings and Spurs in the western conference semi and finals was something else.
    and his 2010 run wasn't too shabby outside of his higher turnover rate than his other runs. But had better shooting efficiency than his previous runs imo. took WAY more 3's than 2009 and shot 3 percent more efficient (37.4%).