Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Chris Bosh:"Lakers Have The Best Team...On Paper"

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Are you acting like LeBron himself has struggled against Dwight at Center? You that 50 pt + game were all jump shots he wrecked that nikka named dwight
    Yelp, same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So are we going to base stuff of one game? Come on now. Kobe outplayed Wade, yes, but I can easily show you games where Wade played better than Kobe in the past 2-3 years. Kobe will get SHUT DOWN by LeBron if needed, who is a terrific on-ball defender.

And Miami can throw Anthony, Pittman, and Bosh at Howard, who I don't think is a great post scorer anyhow...

Finally, Chalmers is one of the best defenders at the PG spot, and will lock down Nash if needed. Wade can switch onto Nash as well, and have LeBron slide down to stick Kobe.

Stuff can go both ways my man, I just don't see the Lakers being better than Miami.
    Yeah, no sh!t. You just became a fan, you don't clearly understand the situation. It's cool tho, hopefully when Lebron leaves the Heat, you'll leave ish.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    we shall see. I see Miami as a very fortunate team that is incredibly top heavy in talent that have no real team chemistry, that played a shell-shocked first timer in the finals and was able to do just enough to get a ring.
    The team that CRUSHED the Mavericks, Lakers, and dismantled the then undefeated Spurs? Come on now. OKC was playing out of their minds, and carried that over to the first game of the Finals. Miami just made the necessary adjustments, and the role players stepped up big (Chalmers, Battier, Miller) while OKC's sixth man of the year disappeared. Now are you going to pin that against Miami?

I just think that after 2 years, and an improved bench that is one of the best in the league (Cole, Allen, Lewis, Haslem, Miller, Jones), Miami is easily the best team in the NBA, and you can't say someone else is better until they prove themselves.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

So, I mean, we can play small, but as long as we win that rebounding battle, that's all that's important.
    Great quote from Bosh here.

I still don't think Bosh got enough credit for his Finals performance. He held his own against Ibaka, Perkins, Durant and Collison. Even outplayed them in a couple of games.

A follow up act against Howard and Gasol is a tall order but in a 7-game series, anything can happen. It only takes one or two great games from your supporting cast to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Great quote from Bosh here.

I still don't think Bosh got enough credit for his Finals performance. He held his own against Ibaka, Perkins, Durant and Collison. Even outplayed them in a couple of games.

A follow up act against Howard and Gasol is a tall order but in a 7-game series, anything can happen. It only takes one or two great games from your supporting cast to make a difference.
    And Miami's supporting cast is much better than LA's. Allen can have a 30 point night if he's on, and then we also have Battier, Chalmers, and Miller who can get hot at any point. Jamison is the only "okay" guy coming off the bench for the Lakers, but Haslem is better.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

The team that CRUSHED the Mavericks, Lakers, and dismantled the then undefeated Spurs? Come on now. OKC was playing out of their minds, and carried that over to the first game of the Finals. Miami just made the necessary adjustments, and the role players stepped up big (Chalmers, Battier, Miller) while OKC's sixth man of the year disappeared. Now are you going to pin that against Miami?

I just think that after 2 years, and an improved bench that is one of the best in the league (Cole, Allen, Lewis, Haslem, Miller, Jones), Miami is easily the best team in the NBA, and you can't say someone else is better until they prove themselves.
    Like I said, we'll see.

The OKC team in the finals is absolutely not the same team that played the Lakers. They lacked the energy, aggression and confidence. I still don't know what happened to James Harden, that dude went completely MIA and they were missing layups left and right.

Regardless Miami did wat they needed to to win. good for them. I don't think they're great though. Great is a big word to throw around.

Like I said, we'll see.

The OKC team in the finals is absolutely not the same team that played the Lakers. They lacked the energy, aggression and confidence. I still don't know what happened to James Harden, that dude went completely MIA and they were missing layups left and right.

Regardless Miami did wat they needed to to win. good for them. I don't think they're great though. Great is a big word to throw around.
    But you can't say they're not a "good" team or aren't the best in the league. They are, and the only time that's changing is IF they lose in the Finals. The Lakers haven't proven themselves yet either. Maybe Gasol and Dwight can't coexist or Kobe has problems with Nash. It's all just a part of something you have to experience and wait for. Hopefully we get the Finals we deserve in Miami vs. LA.

Very good NBA starter

And Miami's supporting cast is much better than LA's. Allen can have a 30 point night if he's on, and then we also have Battier, Chalmers, and Miller who can get hot at any point. Jamison is the only "okay" guy coming off the bench for the Lakers, but Haslem is better.
    Soooo what's your excuse going to be then if the Heat lose to the Lakers? I can see it now OmG the Lakers are so stacked Kobe needs Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and a 2 time MVP to win him championships Or will be get the copy and pasted Lebron plays with trash posts from all you idiot Heat fans/dick riders?

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Soooo what's your excuse going to be then if the Heat lose to the Lakers? I can see it now OmG the Lakers are so stacked Kobe needs Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and a 2 time MVP to win him championships Or will be get the copy and pasted Lebron plays with trash posts from all you idiot Heat fans/dick riders?
    Why are you so mad bro? I didn't make any excuses when Miami lost to Dallas. All I did was congratulate them and say they did a great job, and outperformed the Heat. Why are you so worried about what I say IF Miami loses? Don't worry about me man.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

But you can't say they're not a "good" team or aren't the best in the league. They are, and the only time that's changing is IF they lose in the Finals. The Lakers haven't proven themselves yet either. Maybe Gasol and Dwight can't coexist or Kobe has problems with Nash. It's all just a part of something you have to experience and wait for. Hopefully we get the Finals we deserve in Miami vs. LA.
    They are a good team. They have incredible talent at the top. But they do not have great chemistry. Despite winning last year, I still don't believe LeBron and Wade have ever managed to compliment each other. one takes over or the other takes over, very rarely do they work harmoniously, except on the fast break. Their half court game is still awful and that's what keeps them from being great.

Hopefully we do get that finals matchup, I think it will be a tremendous series. Tons of intriguing match-ups and at least 4 of the top 7-8 players in the league.

They are a good team. They have incredible talent at the top. But they do not have great chemistry. Despite winning last year, I still don't believe LeBron and Wade have ever managed to compliment each other. one takes over or the other takes over, very rarely do they work harmoniously, except on the fast break. Their half court game is still awful and that's what keeps them from being great.

Hopefully we do get that finals matchup, I think it will be a tremendous series. Tons of intriguing match-ups and at least 4 of the top 7-8 players in the league.
    Same here man. Make sure your team just gets past OKC though!

Very good NBA starter

Why are you so mad bro? I didn't make any excuses when Miami lost to Dallas. All I did was congratulate them and say they did a great job, and outperformed the Heat. Why are you so worried about what I say IF Miami loses? Don't worry about me man.
    Lol at me being mad. Typical dumbass Heat fan boy response. I promise you I can bump this thread if the Heat lose to the Lakers in the finals where all the Kobe hate will be flowing strong. With the way you hype up your team you'd think that they went 82 and 0. Lakers on paper are a better team, but the Heat are still champions until proven otherwise. No one's mad I just like calling out you Heat fans on your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Lol at me being mad. Typical dumbass Heat fan boy response. I promise you I can bump this thread if the Heat lose to the Lakers in the finals where all the Kobe hate will be flowing strong. With the way you hype up your team you'd think that they went 82 and 0. Lakers on paper are a better team, but the Heat are still champions until proven otherwise. No one's mad I just like calling out you Heat fans on your bullshit.
    What bullshit? And what hyping? I just stated in my post that Miami can match up with the Lakers, and have a great shot at taking them out in a 7 game series. I mean what did I say that was so ridiculous and incorrect? Miami DOES have a better bench, and their Big 3 can outplay Kobe, Gasol, and MWP. I'm not sure regarding Dwight and Nash, but I don't see them dominating the Heat like people are assuming.

the only issue Miami should have is the size factor going after boards.

I would simply single cover Dwight, and let UD or Anthony check him 1-1

If they run Lebron at the 4, he showed he can neutralize Pau by fronting him and just getting super rough. The refs aint gonna call a foul even if he is pushing him off his established position. But that was pre-Nashty and nobody on LA knew how to throw a good entry pass or swing the ball to the top of the key and let Pau seal Bron for an easy entry pass.

They will run everyone at Kobe; Wade, Battier, Bron, Shuttlesworth will all have their shots at him. Which is really the best option. Make him work and keep a fresh defender on him.

Nash will be the X-factor. if he can eat up SuperMario or anyone else they put at the point, they got a good shot.

Now there really is nothing the Lakers can do in regards to Miami's fast break other than emphasize getting back on defense, because Bron aint gonna punk RonRon on the block like he did to everyone on the Thunder. But if he moves without the ball like he did in the playoffs, it really is over, Ron can't handle that

battle of opposing strengths, will def be fun

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I would simply single cover Dwight, and let UD or Anthony check him 1-1
    On the offensive end, the Heat can take Howard out on the perimeter with Bosh, who's now a solid from the 3-point arc for a big man.

That should open up the lanes for Wade, LeBron, Chalmers to get inside.