Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    How to make troll threads reasonable.

lisa ann.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    What the fvck? What should we judge NBA players on then? Who has the nicest hair stupidity like this needs to be purged from ISH
    No.

We judge based on raw talent. Only true athletes and OG sports fans can understand this concept.

We find rings a generic evaluation of individual tenacity because it is based on a team concept.

That's why I refer to the words, "real talk."

I know you kobetards are coming out of the woodwork like a pack of hyenas getting all hot and horny whenever you see Kobe being called out, but I am making a legit point.

I don't care about all the excuses; he's still in his prime. Aren't you guys harping about this in 2012? Now you all of a sudden agree he should not lead this team because of his age?

WTF kind of illogical bullsh*t is that?

This is Kobe's team. He knows it; Dwight got punked into it; Nash has all along been wanting to hold his balls; and the potatoe head sweats in his sleep every night thinking of ways NOT to piss off Kobe.

This is his team; his responsibility.

All I'm saying is, if he doesn't win it, dude's legacy should take a hit. Sorry, but as stacked as this team is, there should be no reason why he should not win it all if he is as great as what you guys say he is.

That's all I'm saying. That we can at least agree with right?

"Kobe GAWD" .. remember that bullsh*t?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Ah... the robert horry argument. One of Ish's brightest stars is at it again

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    No.

We judge based on raw talent. Only true athletes and OG sports fans can understand this concept.

We find rings a generic evaluation of individual tenacity because it is based on a team concept.

That's why I refer to the words, "real talk."
    Real talk, the greatest in every sport,

has been a champion.

If you're not playing to be called that, you're not playing sports.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    So should we judge players on who's the most "talented"? I thought the whole point of playing the game is the win championships, not put up stats. If you were paying attention the guy wrote that players shouldn't be judged on stats or rings so what then?
    PER will do.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Why does it matter? Even if he does win, none of the haters (including you OP) will give him any credit anyway. He's top 10 already and will be regardless.
    OMG dude go cry to mommy.

I'll give credit where it is due. Y'know if we paired up Jordan with The Dream and Stockton, wouldn't we all hold the same level of expectation from Jordan to pretty much win it all?

Dude Kobe is the best SG in the game, Howard is the best center, and Nash is arguably the best PG.

I saw this stupid ass "GAWD" video some overzealous fanboy made for him and I almost puked. I mean seriously are you guys that spiritually delusion you would worship him as a "God?"

If Kobe really is God then dude your God really sucks if he can't bring this team to a championship.

#HEATNATION

No dumbsh*t.

Lebron has a ring. The question is will Kobe get one with this stacked of a team.

Dude it's just sad if he doesn't get one. You can take Iverson out of retirement and have him chuck up balls in the corner and still win a ring with this team.
    OP =

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Real talk, the greatest in every sport,

has been a champion.

If you're not playing to be called that, you're not playing sports.
    So you are saying those who have not won a ring are not great?

So you are saying those who have not won a ring are not great?
    Not at all, but if it makes you feel better, you can pretend.

OMG....

First of all, why do you keep insisting Kobe is in his prime? Kobe has past that about 3 years ago (arguably longer). Is Kobe really THAT good to make you think he's still in his prime??? Mamba must be going to work.

Secondly, Kobe has the resume to prove he is a top-10 player. Point, blank, period. A Finals loss will not hurt a solid, 17-year old body of work. Kobe Bryant is 34 years old and at this point, all he cares about is a title. If he wins, he pads his resume. If he loses, he lost.

And please stop comparing a 27 year old, PRIME LeBron James to a 34 year old, PAST PRIME Kobe Bryant. I don't care if the Kobe-stans do it, to me you're just adding to the problem. Yes, Kobe has a great team. He is the best SG in the league. Howard is the best Center, however, Nash is not even solidly a consensus, Top-5 PG in the league (I believe he is but many don't), let alone the best PG in the league. Oh and btw, Nash is 38. He's not a 28 year old Dwyane Wade or 27 year old Chris Bosh, so stop pushing this whole comparative agenda.

If Kobe wins, it'll be because "he was on a stacked team!!". If Kobe loses, "Kobe's not even top 10 anymore!! That overrated chucker!".

" Well, you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't."
    - Bart Simpson, "Bart the Genius"

OMG dude go cry to mommy.

I'll give credit where it is due. Y'know if we paired up Jordan with The Dream and Stockton, wouldn't we all hold the same level of expectation from Jordan to pretty much win it all?

Dude Kobe is the best SG in the game, Howard is the best center, and Nash is arguably the best PG.

I saw this stupid ass "GAWD" video some overzealous fanboy made for him and I almost puked. I mean seriously are you guys that spiritually delusion you would worship him as a "God?"

If Kobe really is God then dude your God really sucks if he can't bring this team to a championship.

What?

Magic Johnson

I know you kobetards are coming out of the woodwork like a pack of hyenas getting all hot and horny whenever you see Kobe being called out, but I am making a legit point.

I don't care about all the excuses; he's still in his prime. Aren't you guys harping about this in 2012? Now you all of a sudden agree he should not lead this team because of his age?

WTF kind of illogical bullsh*t is that?

This is Kobe's team. He knows it; Dwight got punked into it; Nash has all along been wanting to hold his balls; and the potatoe head sweats in his sleep every night thinking of ways NOT to piss off Kobe.

This is his team; his responsibility.

All I'm saying is, if he doesn't win it, dude's legacy should take a hit. Sorry, but as stacked as this team is, there should be no reason why he should not win it all if he is as great as what you guys say he is.

That's all I'm saying. That we can at least agree with right?

"Kobe GAWD" .. remember that bullsh*t?
    Kobe's about to play his 17th season. He's on the way out. Unless that knee surgery of his completely restores his athleticism, chances are this team will go as far as Dwight takes them. Kobe is still an important piece no doubt, but he is no longer the most important player on the Lakers, unless you're factoring in his potential ego issues and refusal to let Dwight do his thing. The only way Kobe will hurt his legacy is if he refuses to hand over the reigns and continues to shoot 43% from the field all while using up a ridiculous amount of his team's possessions. Given that we also signed Nash this summer, I doubt that will happen.

If Lebron is the 11th greatest player of all time after being swept in the finals, terminated by dirk, then finally winning with 3 all stars in the starting line up, then kobe is the goat

But we all know neither of these rankings are accurate

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical-24
    OMG....

First of all, why do you keep insisting Kobe is in his prime? Kobe has past that about 3 years ago (arguably longer). Is Kobe really THAT good to make you think he's still in his prime??? Mamba must be going to work.

Secondly, Kobe has the resume to prove he is a top-10 player. Point, blank, period. A Finals loss will not hurt a solid, 17-year old body of work. Kobe Bryant is 34 years old and at this point, all he cares about is a title. If he wins, he pads his resume. If he loses, he lost.

And please stop comparing a 27 year old, PRIME LeBron James to a 34 year old, PAST PRIME Kobe Bryant. I don't care if the Kobe-stans do it, to me you're just adding to the problem. Yes, Kobe has a great team. He is the best SG in the league. Howard is the best Center, however, Nash is not even solidly a consensus, Top-5 PG in the league (I believe he is but many don't), let alone the best PG in the league. Oh and btw, Nash is 38. He's not a 28 year old Dwyane Wade or 27 year old Chris Bosh, so stop pushing this whole comparative agenda.

If Kobe wins, it'll be because "he was on a stacked team!!". If Kobe loses, "Kobe's not even top 10 anymore!! That overrated chucker!".

" Well, you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't."
    - Bart Simpson, "Bart the Genius"
    The fact a 34-year-old, 17-year veteran is even legitimate is pretty ridiculous. Add in the fact he may be a top five player and wow.