Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical-24
    OMG....

First of all, why do you keep insisting Kobe is in his prime? Kobe has past that about 3 years ago (arguably longer). Is Kobe really THAT good to make you think he's still in his prime??? Mamba must be going to work.

Secondly, Kobe has the resume to prove he is a top-10 player. Point, blank, period. A Finals loss will not hurt a solid, 17-year old body of work. Kobe Bryant is 34 years old and at this point, all he cares about is a title. If he wins, he pads his resume. If he loses, he lost.

And please stop comparing a 27 year old, PRIME LeBron James to a 34 year old, PAST PRIME Kobe Bryant. I don't care if the Kobe-stans do it, to me you're just adding to the problem. Yes, Kobe has a great team. He is the best SG in the league. Howard is the best Center, however, Nash is not even solidly a consensus, Top-5 PG in the league (I believe he is but many don't), let alone the best PG in the league. Oh and btw, Nash is 38. He's not a 28 year old Dwyane Wade or 27 year old Chris Bosh, so stop pushing this whole comparative agenda.

If Kobe wins, it'll be because "he was on a stacked team!!". If Kobe loses, "Kobe's not even top 10 anymore!! That overrated chucker!".

" Well, you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't."
    - Bart Simpson, "Bart the Genius"
    That's exactly why REAL NBA fans don't even take their crap seriously. They hate Kobe just to hate him, whether he performs good or bad, is irrelevant. Then try to turn right around and claim to have love for the game

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    OMG dude go cry to mommy.

I'll give credit where it is due. Y'know if we paired up Jordan with The Dream and Stockton, wouldn't we all hold the same level of expectation from Jordan to pretty much win it all?

Dude Kobe is the best SG in the game, Howard is the best center, and Nash is arguably the best PG.

I saw this stupid ass "GAWD" video some overzealous fanboy made for him and I almost puked. I mean seriously are you guys that spiritually delusion you would worship him as a "God?"

If Kobe really is God then dude your God really sucks if he can't bring this team to a championship.

the fvck man.......
    top 10 is suddenly arguable for being the best?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    That's exactly why REAL NBA fans don't even take their crap seriously. They hate Kobe just to hate him, whether he performs good or bad, is irrelevant. Then try to turn right around and claim to have love for the game
    There are people who do that for all the stars with success and great fame, and that is undeniable.

In my opinion, the sad part is that logical posters who question Kobe are only answered by the illogical Kobe stans.

Illogical posters and trolls questioning Kobe are answered by logical Kobe fans. Happens to Lebron, etc, and it feels like it happens very often during my short time here, and so much rage is always produced

Very good NBA starter

OMG....

First of all, why do you keep insisting Kobe is in his prime? Kobe has past that about 3 years ago (arguably longer). Is Kobe really THAT good to make you think he's still in his prime??? Mamba must be going to work.

Secondly, Kobe has the resume to prove he is a top-10 player. Point, blank, period. A Finals loss will not hurt a solid, 17-year old body of work. Kobe Bryant is 34 years old and at this point, all he cares about is a title. If he wins, he pads his resume. If he loses, he lost.

And please stop comparing a 27 year old, PRIME LeBron James to a 34 year old, PAST PRIME Kobe Bryant. I don't care if the Kobe-stans do it, to me you're just adding to the problem. Yes, Kobe has a great team. He is the best SG in the league. Howard is the best Center, however, Nash is not even solidly a consensus, Top-5 PG in the league (I believe he is but many don't), let alone the best PG in the league. Oh and btw, Nash is 38. He's not a 28 year old Dwyane Wade or 27 year old Chris Bosh, so stop pushing this whole comparative agenda.

If Kobe wins, it'll be because "he was on a stacked team!!". If Kobe loses, "Kobe's not even top 10 anymore!! That overrated chucker!".

Exactly this.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by And 1
    There are people who do that for all the stars with success and great fame, and that is undeniable.

In my opinion, the sad part is that logical posters who question Kobe are only answered by the illogical Kobe stans.

Illogical posters and trolls questioning Kobe are answered by logical Kobe fans. Happens to Lebron, etc, and it feels like it happens very often during my short time here, and so much rage is always produced
    It is what it is

The problem most logical Laker/Kobe fans have is, how the haters are so willing to point out Kobe's faults, but so unwilling to point out, or even acknowledge Lebron's. The "rage" is just a bunch of know nothing about anything idiots with nothing better to do. So they come on the internet posting dumb stuff just to get attention. Then turn right around and get mad when they get themselves in way over their heads

NBA Superstar

Kobe stans can no longer hate on the Lebron parade for him being on a stacked team. The Lakers are easily the most stacked team in recent memory. In comparison, if this was the late 90s, they would have the best SG (Jordan), the best center (The Dream), and 2nd best PG (Stockton) on their team.

If Kobe can't win it all this year, I don't see how he can even be in the top 10. I know the argument will be "Oh he's got 5 rings." That is just a generic argument. Robert Horry has 8 rings and that does not reflect the SUBSTANCE of his real contributions on the court. Karl Malone is one of the greatest players I have ever seen but he has absolutely no rings.

Just real talk.

Kobe just aint got it if he can't pull this one off.
    If LeBron ends up winning three or four in a row,then it won't be a stain on Kobe. If the Lakers get bounced before the finals, then your argument carries weight.

OMG....

Every year is important. Even Jordan got a lot of flack for his time at the Wizards and he was the best player in the league. Even today, there are arguments questioning Jordan's leadership since he could not develop the players on the Wizards.

Downplaying the addition of Nash and Howard is ridiculous. They also have key role players in Gasol and Artest. This is a pretty damn good team so stop with the excuses. Trying to use age as an excuse is also ridiculous. It's almost like you Laker stans are already preparing an excuse if they lose, so it is really you guys who can see no wrong in Kobe, not me.

If he wins it all, he's chill; if not, then every year from here on out will take a stab at his legacy. He's got 5 more years left. Do you think people will remember those 5 rings by then?

The argument will center around why couldn't he win it with such a good team.

The argument determines the legacy. Kobe needs to get his act straight or fatass Barkley and the rest of the loud mouth hacks will find a million reasons why he shouldn't be in the top ten.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 08-27-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Every year is important. Even Jordan got a lot of flack for his time at the Wizards and he was the best player in the league. Even today, there are arguments questioning Jordan's leadership since he could not develop the players on the Wizards.

Downplaying the addition of Nash and Howard is ridiculous. They also have key role players in Gasol and Artest. This is a pretty damn good team so stop with the excuses. Trying to use age as an excuse is also ridiculous. It's almost like you Laker stans are already preparing an excuse if they lose, so it is really you guys who can see no wrong in Kobe, not me.

If he wins it all, he's chill; if not, then every year from here on out will take a stab at his legacy. He's got 5 more years left. Do you think people will remember those 5 rings by then?

The argument will center around why couldn't he win it with such a good team.

The argument determines the legacy. Kobe needs to get his act straight or fatass Barkley and the rest of the loud mouth hacks will find a million reasons why he shouldn't be in the top ten.

1. You're a moron

2. Who talks about Jordans stint on the Wizards as you suggest?? He was 38-40 and had been retired for a few years. Everyone saw it for what it was. Seeing as you were probably 5 at the time i dont expect that you actually saw him play...

3. Dumb thread by an insecure Kobe hater. Get a life. You can support your team "LeBron" without hating Kobe. Cavs then Heat fan huh

Learning to shoot layups Thethirdguy's Avatar

Even today, there are arguments questioning Jordan's leadership since he could not develop the players on the Wizards.
    By who? I would love to see one legit example of Jordan's legacy being questioned for this reason by anyone that matters

It's almost like you Laker stans are already preparing an excuse if they lose[/B]
    Actually it's more like people responding to you "already preparing" to persecute Kobe for something that's irrelevant

His legacy is set. Get over it
    Last edited by Thethirdguy; 08-27-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thethirdguy
    By who? I would love to see one legit example of Jordan's legacy being questioned for this reason by anyone that matters

Actually it's more like people responding to you "already preparing" to persecute Kobe for something that's irrelevant

His legacy is set. Get over it
    No one's legacy is set dumbsh*t. Eventually there will be better players that will come along and knock Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc. off the top ten.

The question is how long will it take for Kobe to be knocked off? Let's say he retires tomorrow and never plays again, at best, he is a 6, right behind Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kareem, and Russell. Then factor in the Heat dynasty; if that team goes on to win more than 6, there is no way Kobe can hold on to that 6th slot, heck, if Wade ends up with more rings, he might top Kobe.

So this whole idea Kobe has won 5 and it is enough to "cement" his legacy is just rubbish. Nothing is set in stone; legacies will be forgotten.

The question is how much of an impact will he make to keep him in the conversations years after he retires.

The point still stands, if he can't win another one with this stacked team, you can bet the conversation will switch from "5 rings" to whether or not he deserves to be top ten real quick.

Top ten isn't just some boy scout list. Kobe will have to play the best ball of his life from here on out to stay on that list for longer than 2 decades. I'm sorry, but 5 rings is small cake compare to what the other guys on the list have.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 08-27-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

No one's legacy is set dumbsh*t. Eventually there will be better players that will come along and knock Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc. off the top ten.

The question is how long will it take for Kobe to be knocked off? Let's say he retires tomorrow and never plays again, at best, he is a 6, right behind Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kareem, and Russell. Then factor in the Heat dynasty; if that team goes on to win more than 6, there is no way Kobe can hold on to that 6th slot, heck, if Wade ends up with more rings, he might top Kobe.

So this whole idea Kobe has won 5 and it is enough to "cement" his legacy is just rubbish. Nothing is set in stone; legacies will be forgotten.

The question is how much of an impact will he make to keep him in the conversations years after he retires.

The point still stands, if he can't win another one with this stacked team, you can bet the conversation will switch from "5 rings" to whether or not he deserves to be top ten real quick.
    The sad part is he actually believes the bullcrap he's posting

Just gotta love it how ALL you "Heat" fans wanted to trade Wade, before the Heat won. Now you're all trying to prop him up. Hilarious. The Heat dynasty....huh? Would that be the same one that was supposed to start the minute Lebron put on a Heat uni? Love it how you keep saying "people" say this and "people" say that, but CAN'T seem to quote who these "people" are. Coincidence or recurring pattern? Everything you're posting is nothing more than your own Kobe hater opinion, backed up with MORE of your own Kobe hater opinion. Hoping to fool reasonable people into taking you seriously. Good luck with all that
    Last edited by LakersReign; 08-27-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Learning to shoot layups Thethirdguy's Avatar

Yes, I understand that player rankings are not set in stone. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    The sad part is he actually believes the bullcrap he's posting

Just gotta love it how ALL you "Heat" fans wanted to trade Wade, before the Heat won. Now you're all trying to prop him up. Hilarious. The Heat dynasty....huh? Would that be the same one that was supposed to start the minute Lebron put on a Heat uni? Love it how you keep saying "people" say this and "people" say that, but CAN'T seem to quote who these "people" are. Coincidence or recurring pattern? Everything you're posting is nothing more than your own Kobe hater opinion, backed up with MORE of your own Kobe hater opinion. Hoping to fool reasonable people into taking you seriously. Good luck with all that
    LakersReign,

Dude you have no life. Man I used to post as hardcore as you until I figure out there was air outside and then I met this girl and I found out what a pussssy is, oh yea, and also found out the great use of this green paper that has a president on it and I went to work.

Good ole LakersFEIGN. Still posting like he's on crack. He wakes up and the first thing he does is jump online; I wouldn't be surprise if he bought an Ipad so he can post while taking a dump, and uses Kobe's jersey to clean up the jizzz while watching replays of Kobe's 80+ performance.

I'm kidding man.

But seriously your love for Kobe is border-lining an neurotic obsession. Lebron isn't even my fav player (that award goes to Anthony Davis) and even I would be the first to criticize him if he screws up.

I'm not a Kobe hater; you're just a Kobe dick s*cker. Fact.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 08-27-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Struck a nerve(rambo) on that last post....huh?

Oh, and by the way, women don't like pure g*y a** b***hes(rambo) like you(rambo). ANY dude(rambo), who tries to act like he's MORE a woman, than a REAL one, is a complete turn-off. They like their men to act/think/walk/talk like a man. And if you(rambo) really knew anything about women to begin with, you should already know that. Sure seemed like a good idea at the time....didn't it?

You're(rambo) mad as ****, over a post(that they keep claiming(lying) is supposedly unintentionally funny), on a message board on the internet. Which means you(rambo) OBVIOUSLY take this way more seriously than any NORMAL person with a life outside of the internet would/should. And yet you(rambo) think I'm still somehow supposed to take advice about women from you?

AND......cue the pathetic sock puppet peanut gallery)
    Last edited by LakersReign; 08-27-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

What happens if Lebron doesn't win this year with the stacked team of his?