Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default In terms of impact which PF over Blake Griffin

I keep reading all these delusional posts about Blake Griffin, putting selling tickets aside which PFs would you take over Blake Griffin right now.

Blake Griffin is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen. He may get his stats but let's look further, he is a terrible man to man defender that relys on flopping as his main strength. He is invisible in terms of help defending for god sakes Dwayne Wade averages more blocks than him. He has terrible footwork and often jumps off the wrong foot. He is a decent passer for his size, he is a good rebounded thanks to his size and athleticism. He is amare 2.0 except he is a liability that can't hit free throws in the playoffs K-mart and Reggie freaking Evans played the fourth quarter over him. People argue that he is in the same boat as Dwight Howard because he can't hit free throws but that is flawed because Dwight actually makes an impact. He is the defensive player of the year and one of the most feared help side defenders if mot the most in the league. If people would watch actual tape instead of highlight reels on YouTube and ESPN people would come to the conclusion he is highly overrated.

As far as my list i would take over him this season
    Pau Gasol
    Josh Smith
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Chris Bosh
    Kevin Love
    Kevin Garnett
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tim Duncan
    David West
    Zach Randolph
    Anthony Davis
    Nene
    Paul Milsap
    Greg Monroe

In terms of if a game is close in the fourt quarter.

Default Re: In terms of impact which PF over Blake Griffin

Nene? get the **** out, i hate blake but this is fail

josh smith. Most underated PF. Led the hawks to a borderline top 5 defense with an injured center rotation all year. A 20/10 guy with so much impact on the game. Great passer had 4 a game in the RS and nearly 5 a game in the PS. Its a shame he got injured in the post season but STILL managed to put up 17/14/5 Just wow

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    He actually plays defense has offensive moves and can hit free throws. If it's a tie game in the 4th I would take him over Griffin, for god sakes Blake's own coach played Reggie Evans and Keynon Martin over him

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I keep reading all these delusional posts about Blake Griffin, putting selling tickets aside which PFs would you take over Blake Griffin right now.

Blake Griffin is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen. He may get his stats but let's look further, he is a terrible man to man defender that relys on flopping as his main strength. He is invisible in terms of help defending for god sakes Dwayne Wade averages more blocks than him. He has terrible footwork and often jumps off the wrong foot. He is a decent passer for his size, he is a good rebounded thanks to his size and athleticism. He is amare 2.0 except he is a liability that can't hit free throws in the playoffs K-mart and Reggie freaking Evans played the fourth quarter over him. People argue that he is in the same boat as Dwight Howard because he can't hit free throws but that is flawed because Dwight actually makes an impact. He is the defensive player of the year and one of the most feared help side defenders if mot the most in the league. If people would watch actual tape instead of highlight reels on YouTube and ESPN people would come to the conclusion he is highly overrated.

Pau Gasol
    Josh Smith
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Chris Bosh
    Kevin Love
    Kevin Garnett
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tim Duncan
    David West
    Zach Randolph
    Anthony Davis
    Nene
    Paul Milsap
    Greg Monroe

Please show me these delusional posts people here hate and act like he is a scrub even casual fans and the media think of him as player that can just dunk. No one is ****ing overrating him and everyone says he says he is overrated that automatically makes him not overrated. No one thinks he is as good as Dwight stop making shit up you ****ing clown.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Explain how Blake Griffin impacts a game more
    Last edited by brandonislegend; 08-25-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Pau Gasol
    Josh Smith
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Chris Bosh
    Kevin Love
    Kevin Garnett
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tim Duncan
    David West
    Zach Randolph
    Anthony Davis
    Nene
    Paul Milsap
    Greg Monroe

Even rookie Anthony Davis?

Explain how Blake Griffin impacts a game more
    Blake Griffin is more dominant he draws more defensive attention

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Blake Griffin is more dominant he draws more defensive attention
    You mean Chris Paul does? Griffin has no moves its all open mid range shots or he gets the ball in position to finish similar to amare except he's a liability at the free throw line and is a terrible defender

If your not going to use examples or reasoning or even logic your just going to make troll replies don't even bother

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    josh smith. Most underated PF. Led the hawks to a borderline top 5 defense with an injured center rotation all year. A 20/10 guy with so much impact on the game. Great passer had 4 a game in the RS and nearly 5 a game in the PS. Its a shame he got injured in the post season but STILL managed to put up 17/14/5 Just wow
    I still say he goes to the C's next year to play with his buddy Rondo...

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    I still say he goes to the C's next year to play with his buddy Rondo...
    Stop it Rondo has no friends.

Banned

been over 3 months and you are still sooooo mad. gotdamn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    been over 3 months and you are still sooooo mad. gotdamn
    Yup.

He attracts double teams, he has okay post moves(will get better with more experience), he's a great rebounder, good passer, he improved his man defense, averaged 2 steals in the playoffs, good ball handler(especially for his size) and shoots over 50%. He's slowly developing a jumpshot(still inconsistent) and he made improvement in his free throw shooting(changed his form).

He obviously has a lot of work to do, but he's only 23 and already put up 22/12/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ikcLWYzfo

You can see in this video how good his jumpshot can be. He's already said he's been working everyday with his shooting coach as well.

If you think he's overrated, sucks, whatever, that's your opinion. Most Clipper fans acknowledge that he has a lot of work to do. And what idiot put him in the same category as Dwight?