Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Prime Rampage Jackson vs Prime Mike Tyson

who wins? a street fight?

Default Re: Prime Rampage Jackson vs Prime Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson by destruction. I've never understood the hype about Rampage.

Very good NBA starter

street fight... tyson would bite anywhere, maybe even the *******s, and gouge eyes and sh!t. no regard for rules. just animal behavior. with no refs, he'd probably end up killing him. and all that ground grappling when you leave your nuts all open for attack is useless in street fight.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Rampage. He's actually a big LHW. I think he's actually bigger than Tyson.

All he has to do is negate his fists and Tyson would be at his mercy. It's not like Rampage has never taken a hit before. Remember what Couture did to James Toney? I see the same result

Tyson, never mess with somebody that has a tattoo on their face. His brute strength and sheer craziness would probably be enough to whip Rampage's ass. I would take prime Mike over most fighters though.

   

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy

All he has to do is negate his fists and Tyson would be at his mercy. It's not like Rampage has never taken a hit before. Remember what Couture did to James Toney? I see the same result
    speaking as a fellow fan of MMA-- you're drunk, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    never mess with somebody that has a tattoo on their face.
    thats what they want you to think

They are roughly same height, but Tyson is significantly heavier.

Prime Tyson takes this easily. Rampage may be an MMA fighter but his style is predominantly boxing/brawling. The dude hates wrestling and the ground game, but loves to stand and bang, which would make him mince meat against Iron Mike who would be significantly heavier and more powerful punching-wise, not to mention more aggressive/crazy.

Remember what Couture did to James Toney? I see the same result
    Exactly . Unless Tyson has some grappling training we don't know about, Rampage will take him down easily. Rampage may be known for his KO's but he got his start as a wrestler in high school and college.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    They are roughly same height, but Tyson is significantly heavier.
    Rampage has about 3 inches on Tyson. Plus Tyson weight is very similar. Rampage not at weight is a huge person. I've met him during the set of A-Team. He's pushing 230.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    Prime Tyson takes this easily. Rampage may be an MMA fighter but his style is predominantly boxing/brawling. The dude hates wrestling and the ground game, but loves to stand and bang, which would make him mince meat against Iron Mike who would be significantly heavier and more powerful punching-wise, not to mention more aggressive/crazy.
    Rampage is know for his strength and vicious slams. Also fighting out of the clinch and gets takedown 1/3 of his fights scored.
    I think through reputation Rampage won't exchange. Easy to say in UFC where he's better than most of the field as a striker, but he won't tangle on the streets fistacuffs against a world renowned puncher.

Rampage is know for his strength and vicious slams. Also fighting out of the clinch and gets takedown 1/3 of his fights scored.
    I think through reputation Rampage won't exchange. Easy to say in UFC where he's better than most of the field as a striker, but he won't tangle on the streets fistacuffs against a world renowned puncher.
    Doubt it. He may have good wrestling credentials but his mentality is to brawl/box. Its just his nature. Hence why he hates fighting wrestlers.

Sure he's dominated fighters on the ground before, slammed fighters (him powerbombing Arona to unconciousness is a timeless MMA moment) etc but if his opponent makes it clear that he wants a stand up fight, then Rampage will most likely oblige, ie: him fighting a superior striker in Wandy back in Pride. Dude viciously traded shots till he eventually got KTFO'd.

As for his clinch work, he'd probably have great success throwing knees as Tyson has never dealt w/ an opponent throwing knees but Tyson's body combos would likely be the end of Rampage in a clinch unless Rampage, as you say, decides to take it to the ground.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

He was called Iron Mike for a reason. Mr. T has been proven to have no heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    He was called Iron Mike for a reason. Mr. T has been proven to have no heart.
    There's a reason why he's called Rampage

Speaking of heart, a guy bit a man's ear off because he was being dummied. You really questioning Rampage's heart?