Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Prime Rampage Jackson vs Prime Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    no, I think Tyson would win based on his significant (and I mean significant) edge in punching power/explosiveness, and similar if not equal size.
    Rampage is explosive too. Punching power alone is not going to win you fights if you're going against someone who actually knows how to fight. You can exaggerate about all this significant size, power, dick size, whatever advantage, but it doesn't change the fact that Rampage has tossed around guys bigger than Tyson. KO'd guys bigger than Tyson with slams and he wasn't fighting on as hard a surface as he would be in a street fight. What's Tyson going to do on the ground with Rampage on top of him?

Think about it, the guy was one-shot KO'ing ppl w/ big ass pillows on his hands, not the thin-cushioned MMA gloves like Rampage wears.
    Rampage did, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedoYSGXvOM
    I'm not saying he should try to outbox Tyson, though.

As for the biting thing, the fact that in a moment of vulnerability/desperation he'd bite an opponent's ear off like a biscuit just adds to my argument considering we're talking about a street fight.
    I like how you assume that Tyson is the only person who'd fight like that. Though, I'm not sure how he'd be able to bite someone if he was getting choked out, which is yet another possible scenario for Rampage winning. He knows chokes, other submissions, wrestling, etc. while Tyson would just be a one-dimensional puncher. Part of what helped Tyson was his ability to intimidate his opponents. What happened when he couldn't? He fell apart. Rampage wouldn't be intimidated and he'd cause him to fall apart. Rampage was asked about fighting Tyson, and his response: "Oh, I'd whoop his ass. If I fight Mike Tyson on MMA rules, I

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Rampage is explosive too. Punching power alone is not going to win you fights if you're going against someone who actually knows how to fight. You can exaggerate about all this significant size, power, dick size, whatever advantage, but it doesn't change the fact that Rampage has tossed around guys bigger than Tyson. KO'd guys bigger than Tyson with slams and he wasn't fighting on as hard a surface as he would be in a street fight. What's Tyson going to do on the ground with Rampage on top of him?

Rampage did, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedoYSGXvOM
    I'm not saying he should try to outbox Tyson, though.

I like how you assume that Tyson is the only person who'd fight like that. Though, I'm not sure how he'd be able to bite someone if he was getting choked out, which is yet another possible scenario for Rampage winning. He knows chokes, other submissions, wrestling, etc. while Tyson would just be a one-dimensional puncher. Part of what helped Tyson was his ability to intimidate his opponents. What happened when he couldn't? He fell apart. Rampage wouldn't be intimidated and he'd cause him to fall apart. Rampage was asked about fighting Tyson, and his response: "Oh, I'd whoop his ass. If I fight Mike Tyson on MMA rules, I’ll whoop his ass, he’d be on his back quick."

You said he wasn't crazy at all and was a fun-loving goofball. I provided evidence to the contrary.
    when I mean crazy I'm talking in terms of the lengths one will go to in order to hurt an opponent. Rampage's wild escapade has nothing to do w/ that.

And you think I'm exaggerating when I say Prime Tyson holds a significant edge in punching power? Really now?

BTW did you just insinuate that Tyson doesn't know how to fight as if he only possesses punching power? We're talking a world class boxer who got into the sport because he was always getting into street fights and getting arrested because of it.

Fights start out standing, and to get your opponent to the ground you're gonna have to get in close, which is a moot point anyway because I'm sure Rampage would try to stand and get caught. Rampage is not a wrestling-oriented fighter despite his credentials, and his mentality is to throw the hands. Dude is as one-dimensional of an MMA fighter as you can get and I love Rampage.

But let's just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by ClutchOver9000; 09-04-2012 at 01:15 AM.

when I mean crazy I'm talking in terms of the lengths one will go to in order to hurt an opponent. Rampage's wild escapade has nothing to do w/ that.
    You're trying to force some sort of point here due to your obvious Tyson bias. It becomes clear when a person acts like only 1 side in a fight would do whatever to win a fight. Somehow, the other person would be a perfect gentlemen while the other guy is the only one willing to do whatever in a fight. Rampage grew up fighting on the streets and joined MMA because he'd get paid to fight and wouldn't go to jail for it.

And you think I'm exaggerating when I say Prime Tyson holds a significant edge in punching power? Really now?
    Well, a boxer with a clear, significant advantage in size, strength and punching power should easily beat a much smaller guy, right? Well, here's a fight where the boxer outweighs the other guy by about 70lbs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSEw5C_nVM

BTW did you just insinuate that Tyson doesn't know how to fight as if he only possesses punching power? We're talking a world class boxer who got into the sport because he was always getting into street fights and getting arrested because of it.
    That's not what I was trying to say. When I said, "actually knows how to fight", I was talking about the difference between fighting someone who doesn't know how to and someone who does. Punching power alone won't get the job done. Just look at the above fight. He beat Botha faster than Tyson did.

Fights start out standing, and to get your opponent to the ground you're gonna have to get in close, which is a moot point anyway because I'm sure Rampage would try to stand and get caught.
    I gave you a direct quote from Rampage, but with your bias you think Rampage will just stand there and let Tyson punch him...

But let's just agree to disagree.
    Yeah, keep on worshiping Tyson as an unstoppable, mythical beast...

You're trying to force some sort of point here due to your obvious Tyson bias. It becomes clear when a person acts like only 1 side in a fight would do whatever to win a fight. Somehow, the other person would be a perfect gentlemen while the other guy is the only one willing to do whatever in a fight. Rampage grew up fighting on the streets and joined MMA because he'd get paid to fight and wouldn't go to jail for it.
    lol. I'm not forcing anything. I stated my points, you've stated yours. Did I not just say lets agree to disagree?

Well, a boxer with a clear, significant advantage in size, strength and punching power should easily beat a much smaller guy, right? Well, here's a fight where the boxer outweighs the other guy by about 70lbs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSEw5C_nVM
    Point irrelevant. Not only is prime Tyson a much harder hitter than 'Page, he's much more skilled in using his fists, a style Rampage likes to use very much.

That's not what I was trying to say. When I said, "actually knows how to fight", I was talking about the difference between fighting someone who doesn't know how to and someone who does. Punching power alone won't get the job done. Just look at the above fight. He beat Botha faster than Tyson did.
    When did I say Tyson would win on punching power alone? I thought it was common knowledge that dude was a world class boxer. I think superior standup skill has something to do with that.

I gave you a direct quote from Rampage, but with your bias you think Rampage will just stand there and let Tyson punch him...
    Clearly that's what I said.

Yeah, keep on worshiping Tyson as an unstoppable, mythical beast...
    yes because me thinking Tyson takes this theoretical matchup makes me a worshipper. Whatever helps you feel better about your argument I suppose.

I don't need anything to make me feel better about the argument. I'm not the one who is clearly biased. You're trying to act like it's prime Tyson vs. an over-the-hill, lazy, only wants to stand and throw punches, near the end of his career Rampage. Your own words are what make me call you a Tyson worshiper. It's pretty clear cut fanboyism. You ignore everything that would be against him and you try to stack every single thing in his favor and you even ignored a direct quote from Rampage when asked about the exact fight. If you're not even going to pretend to be reasonable, then what am I supposed to think? But yeah, let's agree to disagree because you don't want that unstoppable monster image to be shattered. Mike Tyson, the perfect fighter that would easily destroy every man on the planet.

LOL at people using two fights of boxers vs MMA guys as example. Great comparison seeing as both those MMA fighters are notorious for having a great ground game and loving to take the fight to the ground. Rampage, not so much, so the comparison is as void as they come.

Mike Tyson, the perfect fighter that would easily destroy every man on the planet.
    He wouldn't, but he'd shit on Rampage.

I don't need anything to make me feel better about the argument. I'm not the one who is clearly biased. You're trying to act like it's prime Tyson vs. an over-the-hill, lazy, only wants to stand and throw punches, near the end of his career Rampage. Your own words are what make me call you a Tyson worshiper. It's pretty clear cut fanboyism. You ignore everything that would be against him and you try to stack every single thing in his favor and you even ignored a direct quote from Rampage when asked about the exact fight. If you're not even going to pretend to be reasonable, then what am I supposed to think? But yeah, let's agree to disagree because you don't want that unstoppable monster image to be shattered. Mike Tyson, the perfect fighter that would easily destroy every man on the planet.
    lol when all else fails, rant about how the poster is just a biased fanboy.

At least you're consistent.

BTW I love how you keep insinuating that I think prime Tyson would be an unbeatable unstoppable juggernaut because I'd pick him to beat prime Rampage. Relax bro, its not that serious.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ClutchOver9000; 09-04-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Go Clippers!

Mike Tyson would annihilate this chump, even with all MMA rules because Rampage is one extremly one dimensional MMA fighter, all he does is box and in that area he is weak compared to Mike.

Go Clippers!

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Rampage is actually pretty good wrestler, but I doubt he'd be able to take Tyson down in a street fight. Prime Iron Mike was just too explosive, one good punch and and Rampage is a goner...
    This.

tyson no question. you cant graple someone if they have infinite room to menuver out of your grasp, the streets aint a cage.

there is a reason all it took was 1 punch by tyson to knock you out in punch out

cuz iron mike was unbeatable in his prime

lol when all else fails, rant about how the poster is just a biased fanboy.

At least you're consistent.

BTW I love how you keep insinuating that I think prime Tyson would be an unbeatable unstoppable juggernaut because I'd pick him to beat prime Rampage. Relax bro, its not that serious.

Cheers.
    It obviously shut you up because you can't do anything but mindlessly ramble. That's the problem with discussing anything about Mike Tyson. Too much fanboyism. No thought put into anything defending him, just "I love Mike Tyson so he'd win every fight!!!"

tyson would maul rampage in a street fight. tyson comes from a clear boxing background. rampage comes from an mma background on wrestling. if this were a street fight, they'd most likely be throwing punches and tyson has the advantage there.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Rampage.