Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Prediction: Steve Nash Will Never Play in an NBA Finals Game

Nash will have that one chance when Lebron joins after the 2014 season to form the new Big Four. That's one right there no matter what.

My pediction: Barkley will never win a ring.

ohh wait.. it's obvious

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

I bet John Stockton never wins a ring.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Its not going to happen for him.
    Wrong again, Sling Blade.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Has your rep bar always been this negative? I don't remember it being this bad.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TerranOP
    Has your rep bar always been this negative? I don't remember it being this bad.
    Its been the same for a week or so. Too many people handing out unjustified negs.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

If Bosh, James and Wade can make back-to-back NBA final appearances, so can Kobe, Dwight, Gasol and Nash.

Unless you are from a different planet and still are too insecure/scared to aknowledge two very obvious things.

1) Lakers are clearly more talented
    2) Lakers actually look like a team with their mix of talent

Lets be honest, Miami grinded their way to back-to-back final appearances, in a very unimpressive fashion (besides the OKC series, where they ended up winning three very close games due to OKC's horrible execution). They have never looked like a cohesive team and are probably better off replacing either Wade or James with a guy like Andrew Bynum or Kyrie Irving.

Yes, they won the championship but they didn't dominate anyone and looked very vulnerable on multiple occassions. Truth is, they have far more glarring holes then the Lakers (on paper). Yet as inadequate as they are built and as horrible as they have looked during multiple stretches, the talent alone led them to a championship and back-to-back NBA finals appearances. This Laker team is more talented, and it's undisputed. Having that 4th option, who is a bonafide all-star in this league is very advantegous. Plus they are far more balanced.

Playmaking? Nash.
    Defense? Howard.
    Size? Gasol & Howard.
    Scoring? Kobe.
    Experience? Yes.
    Championship Swag? Yes.
    6th Man? Jamison (not bad at all)
    Hungre/Motivation? Hell yes!

LA has the best defensive anchor in the game and at the very least the 2nd best facilitator at point guard. You add Kobe & Gasol (the duo that led the Lakers to three straight final appearances) and I don't know how anyone can truthfully tell me with a straight face that this Laker team isn't clearly more superior then the one from South Beach. The fact is we don't really have two superstars who are duplicates; who demand the ball to be effective. We only have Kobe, and then three guys who have proven throughout their careers that they can delegate or "share the rock" so to speak.

That's the biggest reason I believe LA would most likely make quick work off Miami. The size advantage, the defense, Nash's intelligence and decision making, Kobe's leadership, Howard anchoring the low post and Pau's peskiness on the offensive glass and overall playmaking ability will be too much.

Yes Miami has LeBron, but Miami looks more cohesive as a team when only Wade or LeBron are taking control, not both. Their half-court sets are painful to watch and they mostly score from beyond the arc or off transition. Brown isn't a great coach, but he's a great defensive mind and with this Laker team, it's all they'll need. Nash & Kobe are arguably the two smartest basketball players in the NBA, or at least at the top of the list. Howard was unselfish when he played with no all-stars in Orlando and was able to lead them to the NBA finals; I think he'll be just fine collecting 2nd chance buckets, scoring off pick and roll and the occasionall hook shot. Pau is the same way, he is one of the best offensive rebounders in the game, has a nice jumper and has great post moves.

Miami are all about their perimeter. They have great three point shooting and their best big man would rather take a mid-range jumper then bang down low. Sorry your points in the paint will be minimized when LeBron has to get past World Peace and then try to score on Howard/Gasol.

Bottom line, Miami (to me) are probably the most unorthodox mess of a champios I've seen in the last 12 years. Did they sent James Harden that thank you letter yet? For literally choking on every possession, during every critical moment of that series.

Sorry Miami fans, you guys are disgustingly hypocritical. When your trio joined forces, the world was shocked and scared. For good reason, they at the very least had by far the most talented squad and basically 99% of the basketball world felt like they were the favorites.

Now the Lakers outdid you, and every single Heat fans tries to overlook them.
    Just face reality, it will hurt less in the end.
    Last edited by rhythmic ; 09-04-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore Baby Arm Johnso's Avatar

Its been the same for a week or so. Too many people handing out unjustified negs.
    you spout your personal subjective opinion as if it were a universal truth and call people who disagree with you names . . .

Banned

steve nash will have a career ending injury during regular season and that will be it.

Nah its just you, with your idiotic threads and posts..
    I'm surprised you havnt been banned from making new threads, you're worse than prime cfag86

#HEATNATION

SilkkTheShocker
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    SilkkTheShocker
    Banned

He should be, he's a homophobic asshole who decided he was going to become a religion pushing troll, using it as an excuse to be a dickwad. I get the "KNICKS SUCKS" trolls, they are annoying but they facilitate arguing and such i guess which is fine. But a person whose role is to cause hate is not needed.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Steve Nash will average 13 assists a game in under 30 minutes, that's my prediction

im not sure about that but heres my prediction : steve nash cant stop westbrook either

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    im not sure about that but heres my prediction : steve nash cant stop westbrook either
    Maybe not but Nash will likewise cause Westbrook all kinds of problems himself.

Something sessions certainly didn't.