Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bigass Poltical thread Part V: The Democratic Convention

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    you're a fkn troll .. that's celebrating blacks exclusively .. not diversity .. are you ok with the gop celebrating 'whites' and passing out buttons saying something like 'vote white is the right way' ? .. I'm sure you would be defendng that by saying 'they're celebrating race dude'
    Whites are the majority and still for the most part, run this country, blacks are a minority. If you can't see a difference, well, can't help ya there, bud.

Fact checking Clinton's speech

Nothing really outrageous here, just a little truth bending here and there. Still a great speech imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    W
    I don't W is up to a speech like that. One point a lot of commenters made is that it was a long speech and Clinton is the one politician who can keep an audience with a long speech. He also summarized and broke down what can complex issues to very simple and clear terms. W to me was more about treating complex issues simply, usually by avoiding the complexity and misstating the issue. No summary, no break down, no clarity. He was very good about message discipline in his campaigning, but that's not the same thing.

Clinton used to say when you can get people to think Democrats win elections. (I think he was saying this is relation to the war fear Cheney and others were stirring up.) When you compare his speech to any speech from Tampa, you don't come away feeling that the Republicans are really dealing with the issues, they certainly aren't dealing with specifics.

Someone also quoted him backstage after the speech saying that, "I can say these things, but if Obama said them, they would come off defensive."

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I don't W is up to a speech like that. One point a lot of commenters made is that it was a long speech and Clinton is the one politician who can keep an audience with a long speech. He also summarized and broke down what can complex issues to very simple and clear terms. W to me was more about treating complex issues simply, usually by avoiding the complexity and misstating the issue. No summary, no break down, no clarity. He was very good about message discipline in his campaigning, but that's not the same thing.

Clinton used to say when you can get people to think Democrats win elections. (I think he was saying this is relation to the war fear Cheney and others were stirring up.) When you compare his speech to any speech from Tampa, you don't come away feeling that the Republicans are really dealing with the issues, they certainly aren't dealing with specifics.

Someone also quoted him backstage after the speech saying that, "I can say these things, but if Obama said them, they would come off defensive."
    I was being sarcastic about the W post...my bad.
    It's funny how W is totally ignored by the right nowadays but oh how they loved him back then. W not feeling a lot of love these days Come on, Repubs, trot out Dubya to campaign for Mittens

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

It's funny how W is totally ignored by the right nowadays but oh how they loved him back then. W not feeling a lot of love these days Come on, Repubs, trot out Dubya to campaign for Mittens
    W is chilling in Crawford, TX and he really doesn't give a f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck. Seriously, he feels no remorse. I'm honestly not too sure how I feel about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Fact checking Clinton's speech

Nothing really outrageous here, just a little truth bending here and there. Still a great speech imo.
    The weird thing about that fact check is sentences like this
    Boehner couldn't sell the plan to tea party factions in the House or to other conservative activists.
    seem to be proving Clinton's exact point.

Also if I remember correctly, Clinton specifically mentioned several votes that got no Republican support in the House. Can't find them in the transcript, they might have been ad-libbed, and the AP doesn't address them at all.

Also, what's the nonsense about him hiring Rahm Emmanuel? And? So what did Emmanuel do? Any examples? What did the President do? Either the President was willing to reach out or he wasn't no matter who was his chief of staff. I remember the President reaching out over and over again (much to the displeasure of the liberal wing of the party) and begin rebuffed over and over again.

Well Bill wasn't trotted out for Al Gore or John Kerry either.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    W is chilling in Crawford, TX and he really doesn't give a f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck. Seriously, he feels no remorse. I'm honestly not too sure how I feel about it either.
    Crawford?

W moved out of Crawford as fast as the moving vans would go. Once he didn't have to convince the Rubes that he was a cowboy, they packed up and moved to Dallas, the same area where the owner of the Texas Rangers, T. Boone Pickens and Mark Cuban live.

Crawford.

He bought that ranch in 1999 so that voters would forget that is his actual summer home was in Kennebunkport, ME

He bought the Dallas house a month before he left the White House.

Like I mentioned earlier Karl Rove is the best political mind of his generation and we never would have heard of Crawford, Texas if not for him.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Crawford?

W moved out of Crawford as fast as the moving vans would go. Once he didn't have to convince the Rubes that he was a cowboy, they packed up and moved to Dallas, the same area where the owner of the Texas Rangers, T. Boone Pickens and Mark Cuban live.

Crawford.

He bought that ranch in 1999 so that voters would forget that is his actual summer home was in Kennebunkport, ME

He bought the Dallas house a month before he left the White House.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u40AgyK-ZyA

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Well Bill wasn't trotted out for Al Gore or John Kerry either.
    2000 convetion speech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4B17VkjkKM

2004 convention speech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nKwDhjY_m0

He wasn't a big part of the campaign. Al basically tried to hide him.

Whites are the majority and still for the most part, run this country, blacks are a minority. If you can't see a difference, well, can't help ya there, bud.
    a lot of average whites don't run anything and have just as many hardships as anyone else, some worse .. this is just more divisive garbage .. everyone talks about equality this, equality that, yet you condone this ? .. so if you actually think this is ok then the next time you see something about 'celebrating whites' and calling for white voters please keep your mouth shut
    Last edited by dude77; 09-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Did you not see my point about the Rubes? Isn't that the very definition of folks who watch Sean Hannity? Yes, Bush still owns the ranch. Yes, he still uses it when it's useful, like promoting his book on the Sean Hannity show. Yes, he's still going to try to keep up the image Karl Rove created for him.

Were you expecting something like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz9nnukr5rE

Like I mentioned earlier Karl Rove is the best political mind of his generation and we never would have heard of Crawford, Texas if not for him.
    Sad to agree this is true. Anyone who get Bush elected not once but twice is a genius. I voted for Gore and Kerry and could not believe the country was that STUPID putting Bush in to office both times.

And now Bush is not even invited to join the RNC convention. How f*cking sad is that. And we are suppose to want to vote for Romney now?