Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default Re: Bigass Poltical thread Part V: The Democratic Convention

You know both parties are corrupt. The current administration makes the previous corrupt ones look like nothing. It's really bad. People seriously need to keep these politicians accountable. These people are suppose to serve people..not run things the way that they want to and give money to their friends. These people get away with so much it's insane.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Clinton had to make sure his facts were more straight than those presented by the other side, especially after ridiculing the Republicans for quoting "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers."
    Last edited by no pun intended; 09-06-2012 at 02:53 PM.

GOP no longer advertising in Michigan. That makes two big battleground states they feel are out of reach: Michigan and Pennslyvania

Mitt Romney's conservative allies are bypassing Michigan with their advertising while stepping up efforts in other battleground states — suggesting campaign strategists don't believe his road to the White House leads through his native state.

The pro-Romney groups American Crossroads and Americans for Prosperity are pouring nearly $13 million into advertising in key states, indicating they remain eager to lend considerable financial muscle to Romney in states viewed as truly competitive.

There are no presidential campaign ads of any kind airing in Pennsylvania and Michigan, according to information provided by media trackers to the Associated Press.

One reason the Romney forces may have pulled money out of Michigan is President Barack Obama's campaign and a political action committee supporting his re-election aren't spending here either, said Rich Robinson, director of Michigan Campaign Finance Network.

"You don't spend money if you know you're going to win or you know you're going to lose, and Obama hasn't spent five cents" in Michigan, Robinson said.

2012 Electoral College Map

Romney has to win the states that are currently leaning his way plus NC, WI and most importantly Florida. Without Florida he's got no chance.

My prediction: Obama wins 276-262
    Last edited by rufuspaul; 09-06-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Disillusioned Obama Supporter In Romney Ad Is Actually GOP Staffer

Republicans debuted a new ad Thursday in which a frustrated former Obama supporter expresses her disappointment with the president. The only problem: The woman in the video is actually an RNC staffer.

The new ad features Republican National Committee Director of Hispanic Outreach Bettina Inclan, who in the ad purports to be an average woman voter who supported Obama in 2008.......

The RNC says its ad, which first appeared on television Thursday is not dishonest.

“It’s a lighthearted ad to show how millions of Americans feel about President Obama — he’s not the person we thought he was and it’s time to break up with him,” an RNC official told TPM. “But let’s be clear, it is an ad.”

Inclan began her current RNC post in January 2012, and has worked in Republican politics since well before Obama’s 2008 election. She did Hispanic outreach for Rick Scott’s 2010 Florida gubernatorial race worked on Capitol Hill for Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI) and as national executive director of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly.
    It's not dishonest....it's advertising honest.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC

who are the clowns running his campaign?

are they trying to stoke the "Romney/Ryan are dishonest" fires?

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

who are the clowns running his campaign?

are they trying to stoke the "Romney/Ryan are dishonest" fires?

I think they're just desperate.

Banned

Looks like Obama's speech couldn't have come at a better time for him. The jobs report comes out tomorrow morning and all indications show it will be much better than originally forecast:

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,1643009.story

The stock market reacted extremely positively to the news already:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/06/inve...html?hpt=hp_t3

Good or bad news, tomorrow's report can go a long way towards deciding who will win the election.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC

i swear both sides do not pull shit like this. i wish people would stop spouting that BS

I swear I just saw Joe Biden hitchhiking on I-85!

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I swear I just saw Joe Biden hitchhiking on I-85!

Did the Trans Am break down, because I swear he had that looking all shiny and mint. Perhaps the lightning scared him off.

Stay Dry Rufus.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Good or bad news, tomorrow's report can go a long way towards deciding who will win the election.
    Unemployment rate will still be at 8.3%. Will not change the narrative of the Republicans that Obama's solutions are not working fast enough.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Unemployment rate will still be at 8.3%. Will not change the narrative of the Republicans that Obama's solutions are not working fast enough.
    But it helps the Dems' narrative that the economy is improving under Obama's watch. Seems a lot of people have already forgotten just how dire the economic situation was when he took office. The country was losing around 800K jobs every month, stocks plummeted, the banking system was on the verge of collapse, as was the auto industry.

Plus it really doesn't help that the Republicans haven't offered any solutions beyond going back to tax cuts for the rich (the ridiculous 'trickle down' nonsense) and deregulation... so basically the policies that landed us in our predicament in the first place.

So I don't really see how jobs being added, unemployment claims going down, and stocks soaring hurts Obama around election time.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPZbQ8Gew9k

Fallon's impersonation of Castro is too fvcking spot-on.