Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Default Re: Bigass Poltical thread Part V: The Democratic Convention

The best part of this convention was hearing Bill Clinton speak. You can tell the Democrats really wished they could vote for him instead. I really hope Obama ends up winning though cause maybe it will make the Republicans restructure into a more moderate party. Chris Matthews said it best earlier.
    By the way, the best way to beat the right-wing is to beat them. If he beats them in this election, they're finished. And I think that's the point. And the moderates will come back. And Jeb Bush will come back. And the people like [Charlie Crist] will come back. The moderates will retake the party if you smash the right.

I am talking what the President believes because he's told people that, that he thinks he can win this election and break these people on the right, the moderates will come back and they'll be able to negotiate and the Mitch McConnells will be shut up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Smart Romney ad in response to Bill Clinton speaking up for Obama at the Democratic Convention... Give Me A Break
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21wrrmpxzE
    Was Bill referencing Barack in that quote from 2008 or was it just some random clip that they decided to use?

Can never be sure with the way the Romney/Ryan campaign has been run so far.

MSNBC cut to their logo on on their press tent just as Obama was taking the stage.

subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    it is just another negative ad though. in contrast to both michelle and clinton's speeches it just doesn't have much impact. i could be wrong or idealistic but i think ultimately people will respond better to positivity than fear or negative messages. the republican's need to stop trying to put themselves up by taking obama down, and put themselves up by actually creating something positive - whether it is policy or campaign.
    They can't win if they do that. They have to lie and stir hate because the ignorant and greedy like that. Most republicans are either ignorant or the lack empathy. Probably both with the people who would vote for Romney.

They had their 8 years and it was so bad that the right wing has distanced themselves from Bush to the point they don't even say his name. They don't want voters even thinking about how Bush destroyed the country. If that doesn't say it all I don't know what does. They want people to forget so they can do it all over again.

NBA Superstar

The best part of this convention was hearing Bill Clinton speak. You can tell the Democrats really wished they could vote for him instead. I really hope Obama ends up winning though cause maybe it will make the Republicans restructure into a more moderate party. Chris Matthews said it best earlier.

yeah seeing them back to back Bill Clinton has another level of swag Obama doesn't. i used to think they were around the same level, and both at the top in terms of public speakers but Clinton is clearly better.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

it is just another negative ad though. in contrast to both michelle and clinton's speeches it just doesn't have much impact. i could be wrong or idealistic but i think ultimately people will respond better to positivity than fear or negative messages. the republican's need to stop trying to put themselves up by taking obama down, and put themselves up by actually creating something positive - whether it is policy or campaign.
    Negatives ads work. You saw how the Obama campaign turned Mitt Romney's business experience from a positive into a negative by blitzing him with negative ads about Bain Capital.
    Quote Originally Posted by JailBlazers7
    Was Bill referencing Barack in that quote from 2008 or was it just some random clip that they decided to use?

Can never be sure with the way the Romney/Ryan campaign has been run so far.
    Yes he was, he was campaigning for his Hillary during the primaries. Here is the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDx4NZr2u4

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Negatives ads work. You saw how the Obama campaign turned Mitt Romney's business experience from a positive into a negative by blitzing him with negative ads about Bain Capital.
    i'm not saying they don't work at all, just that they don't work better overall. i'm not american so i haven't seen most of the ads, but from what i have seen the republican campaign seems mostly focused on negativity?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

i'm not saying they don't work at all, just that they don't work better overall. i'm not american so i haven't seen most of the ads, but from what i have seen the republican campaign seems mostly focused on negativity?
    I think when you accuse Mitt Romney of killing a woman in a political ad, then I think you take the cake of negativity.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

lulz Obama acting like The Rock out there... I can see why the sheep would vote for him, he's an extremely charismatic guy but I wonder how he's going to create jobs and do all of this jazz instead of his typical answer, "BY PUTTING THE SPIRIT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IN FULL GEAR!!!"
    Last edited by knickballer; 09-06-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The GOP needs to hammer the Jobs growth down his throat and everyone else's from now to the election. And who is happy paying over $4 a gallon for gas???

It's a proven fact. Low gas prices = Happy Americans

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

If I'm Craig Robinson I'm calling recruits right now. Right from the stage.

Obama 4 more years.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    lulz Obama acting like The Rock out there... I can see why the sheep would vote for him, he's an extremely charismatic guy but I want to wonder how he's going to create jobs and do all of this jazz instead of his typical answer, "BY PUTTING THE SPIRIT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IN FULL GEAR!!!"

and the non sheep vote for who?

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Obama is so cliche.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Obama 4 more years.
    Hopefully, sadly... he is the best candidate.