Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The All "Why am I not in the Hall of Fame?" Team

Who would be on your All-NBA "Why am I not in the Hall of Fame?" Team. No one should be namimg Patrick Ewing's or John Stockon's as they are not even ELIGIBLE or haven't been NOMINATED for the Hall. Just players who have not made it.

C - Artis Gilmore
    F - Adrian Dantley
    F - Bernard King
    G - Sidney Moncrief
    G - Dennis Johnson

F/C - Spencer Haywood
    F - Dennis Rodman
    F - George McGinnis
    F - Chet Walker
    G - Paul Westphal
    G - Maurice Cheeks
    G - Kevin Johnson

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: The All "Why am I not in the Hall of Fame?" Team

i say gilmore and the worm should be in...

Mars Blackmon Lives!

that list really shows how the committee thinks of defensive guards w/ moncrief, dj, and cheeks. i don't understand at all how joe dumars can make the HoF and DJ can't. they have basically the exact same accomplishments, but DJ has been eligible for longer.

Banned

DJ WILL make the HOF in the next 2 years
    Adrian Dantley WILL make the HOF in the next 2 years
    Artis Gilmore WILL make the HOF in the next 2 years

Sidney Moncrief will get in in the next 5 years,he was a 2 time DPOY and 5 time all star but his numbers aren't that impressive
    Bernard King is the exact opposite of Moncrief but he doesn't have barely anything but him being a good scorer,he'll make the HOF in a weak class

Chet Walker isn't in because few of the people that vote care anything about great players in the 60's or 70's

George McGinnis sadly will fall into the "ABA star who was not as Great in the NBA" category

Spencer Haywood is going to get to the HOF in the next 5 years,the only knock on him is that he missed too many games overall in his career,he never played a full NBA season

Westphal will not,didnt put up great numbers and his poor supporting cast in Phoenix also,after his best season his averages began to decline towards the end of his career

KJ-injuries will cost him getting into the HOF,he never was as good as he was in his first 4 years of his career
    Mo Cheeks-a good 80's era PG,not HOF worthy

Dennis Rodman- Best rebounders ever,but with his off the court issues most people and HOF voters remember him as being a joke rather than a great player

NBA lottery pick

Why don't we just let everyone in who averages more than 10 points or 10 rebounds. That sounds like a plan. I mean the HOF is already a joke, so why even try to regulate it now.

Mathius

I rule the local playground eauclaire447's Avatar

George McGinnis sadly will fall into the "ABA star who was not as Great in the NBA" category
    correct me if i am wrong, but its the BASKETBALL HOF not the NBA HOF. this is correct right?? he should def be in

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eauclaire447
    correct me if i am wrong, but its the BASKETBALL HOF not the NBA HOF. this is correct right?? he should def be in
    NBA was stronger than the ABA

he ended his career at the end of Indiana's Bench

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    that list really shows how the committee thinks of defensive guards w/ moncrief, dj, and cheeks. i don't understand at all how joe dumars can make the HoF and DJ can't. they have basically the exact same accomplishments, but DJ has been eligible for longer.
    Been saying this for years and getting yelled at by Piston fans. DJ was quite a bit better than Joe IMO. Particularly in his Sonics days. He was a SG who completely changed his game and became a true PG when he went to Boston.

I rule the local playground eauclaire447's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    NBA was stronger than the ABA

he ended his career at the end of Indiana's Bench
    he averaged 17pts 10 rebs and 2 steals a game in the NBA. his last couple of seaons did lower his numbers significantly though

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Man dont even start me on McGinnis. he cost the Sixers the 77 championship (well not really but he played bad almost the whole playoffs). anyway he had his moments but definitely not an HOFer.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by det2orl
    Been saying this for years and getting yelled at by Piston fans. DJ was quite a bit better than Joe IMO. Particularly in his Sonics days. He was a SG who completely changed his game and became a true PG when he went to Boston.
    even if you concede that they are even players, i still don't get it just because johnson has been eligible for a much longer time. actually i think there numbers are almost identical with joe having a small pts / fg% edge and dennis a small rebounding / assists / steals edge. and i don't think i'm being biased on this one either. dumars is one of the only pistons i ever liked. him and hill.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eauclaire447
    he averaged 17pts 10 rebs and 2 steals a game in the NBA. his last couple of seaons did lower his numbers significantly though
    He also aint relevant at all in the NBA

Rodman:
    On August 5, 2007, Rodman appeared on stage with Pearl Jam at the Chicago musical festival Lollapalooza, as frontman Eddie Vedder proceeded to jump on Rodman's shoulders at the end of the band's set.

Rodman is GOD!

Mars Blackmon Lives!

He also aint relevant at all in the NBA

Rodman:
    On August 5, 2007, Rodman appeared on stage with Pearl Jam at the Chicago musical festival Lollapalooza, as frontman Eddie Vedder proceeded to jump on Rodman's shoulders at the end of the band's set.

Rodman is GOD!
    dennis rodman has the largest collection of pearl jam bootleg cds in the known universe. also he gave carmen electra the clap. i assume.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Wow never knew Dennis Rodman wasn't in the Hall of fame......he really should be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    dennis rodman has the largest collection of pearl jam bootleg cds in the known universe. also he gave carmen electra the clap. i assume.
    GOD!