Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Nate Robinson's Son is a BEAST

A lot of people here seem to have moral issues with kids playing football. That has to be it because a kid getting tackled is part of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    A lot of people here seem to have moral issues with kids playing football. That has to be it because a kid getting tackled is part of the sport.

and when a kid gets multiple concussions and eats food through a straw at the age of 19, then what?

A lot of people here seem to have issues with football. That has to be it because a kid getting tackled is part of the sport.
    yep i do

I'm not thrilled with 6 year olds doing tackling drills. I do think it's too young. My issue however is with the action of the adults in the video and what lessons they are imparting on the children in the video. I love football and played it all through school and and glued to TV Sat and Sun and Mon night and Thur night during football season and watch the games with my kid.

Pitching inside is part of baseball. Imagine a 6 year old beaning another kid on purpose and an adult screaming "yeah buster that's how you do it. yeah that's my boy"..and the kid that got hit is just laying on the ground dazed.

I pretty much believe everyone that's OK with this A) doesn't have kids B) has no idea about raising a child and C) has no understanding about the development and mindset of a 6 year old

Cause this video is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    and when a kid gets multiple concussions and eats food through a straw at the age of 19, then what?
    It's sports, parents know the risk and so do kids pretty early on. Whether you're 16 or 8 you run the same risk of life altering injuries ( Considering the power of tackles increases with the age group you're playing against).

I think without knowing this was Ish, just by looking at the responses you could tell this obviously wasn't a football forum. On a football forum they'd be complaning about the kids not learning how to tackle correctly. People on ISh constantly say they've commited to having their little kids start playing basketball as early as humanely possible. Why? The hopes that if they start young they'll become outstanding ball players. I see it the same way for people trying to involve their children in football at an early age. Obviously some parents want to wait, but there's always those hardcore football fans who want to see their children get an edge in the sport really early on.

That's why I say that people have a problem with football, because if these were a couple kids(same age) going through basketball drills, and one of them kept getting bodied in the paint to the point where they fell down ISH wouldn't have a problem with that because we're a basketball forum who condones the idea of getting kids playing basketball as early as possible. The football community probally would treat this video the same way we'd treat a video of two kids playing competitive drills against each other in basketball. The difference? Football is more physical by nature.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Isn't really about football... More the ghetto parents reaction to the tackle. No yea nice job kid or teaching of how to properly wrap a ball carrier up. Just hooting like monkeys when they see a nice hit.

The kid didn't even care about it.. Like someone else said his blank face observing his dad's positive reaction to what he did will stick in his mind like glue and become applicable to his whole development and life.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Laughing at a 6 year old. I'm looking forward to attending a few Bulls games this year to boo the crap out of Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Isn't really about football... More the ghetto parents reaction to the tackle. No yea nice job kid or teaching of how to properly wrap a ball carrier up. Just hooting like monkeys when they see a nice hit.

The kid didn't even care about it.. Like someone else said his blank face observing his dad's positive reaction to what he did will stick in his mind like glue and become applicable to his whole development and life.
    Have you never been around soccer moms, or been to a jr league game? Parents go completley crazy over their kids, and I think it's even more prevalent with moms watching sports.

It's sports, parents know the risk and so do kids pretty early on. Whether you're 16 or 8 you run the same risk of life altering injuries ( Considering the power of tackles increases with the age group you're playing against).

I think without knowing this was Ish, just by looking at the responses you could tell this obviously wasn't a football forum. On a football forum they'd be complaning about the kids not learning how to tackle correctly. People on ISh constantly say they've commited to having their little kids start playing basketball as early as humanely possible. Why? The hopes that if they start young they'll become outstanding ball players. I see it the same way for people trying to involve their children in football at an early age. Obviously some parents want to wait, but there's always those hardcore football fans who want to see their children get an edge in the sport really early on.

That's why I say that people have a problem with football, because if these were a couple kids(same age) going through basketball drills, and one of them kept getting bodied in the paint to the point where they fell down ISH wouldn't have a problem with that because we're a basketball forum who condones the idea of getting kids playing basketball as early as possible. The football community probally would treat this video the same way we'd treat a video of two kids playing competitive drills against each other in basketball. The difference? Football is more physical by nature.
    why do you need to subject a 6 year old to the posbbility of concussions? cant they learn the game w/o hitting? Some 6 year olds dont even know how to tie their shoes, and you're going to give them full gear and tell them to run through a wall? SMH, I hope you NEVER become a parent. GOD HELP that kid.

I think you also have to understand that there's a difference between being excited about your child commiting a flagrent foul, or an intentional bad pitch, compared to cheering your child making a good tackle. The first two are looked down on in their individual sports, whiles a tackle is a major part of football.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Have you never been around soccer moms, or been to a jr league game? Parents go completley crazy over their kids, and I think it's even more prevalent with moms watching sports.
    Yea but this crosses a different line when it's violent. It's like two 6 year Olds boxing but instead of the parents teaching proper technique in a violent sport they just cheer and scream when one of their kids wild hay makers lands and knocks the other boy out. These guys are too stupid to have their kids playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    why do you need to subject a 6 year old to the posbbility of concussions? cant they learn the game w/o hitting? Some 6 year olds dont even know how to tie their shoes, and you're going to give them full gear and tell them to run through a wall? SMH, I hope you NEVER become a parent. GOD HELP that kid.
    Lol please, calm it down with your dramatics. At age 6, I'm teaching my kids geography not sports. I'm not forcing sports down my kids throats, if they watch it and they like it then I'll support them, but my real focus will be getting them ahead by educational standards. Difference is I don't look down and parents who wants to get their children ahead in football or basketball.

High School Varsity 6th Man

You sure that is not just Nate in a football gear? Looks about the same height.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    I dont understand how people are hating on a man encouraging his kid. Jesus christ people are offended at everything. Mankind has never been softer than now.

maybe it has something to do with mankind being smarter and more aware now, than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I wasn't even aware that 6 year old full contact football existed.

Wouldn't that negatively affect their brain development in some way? Those years are still pretty crucial neurologically.
    Yes, and anyone who says other wise got hit like that kid when they were younger