Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 102

Thread: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

  1. #16
    Trans connoisseur RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Communism works
    Posts
    32,991

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Flake Flippin has never had a good playoff series
    Kobe has a grand total of 1 50 point playoff game btw (and it was exactly 50)

  2. #17
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,510

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Flake Flippin has never had a good playoff series
    Kobe has a grand total of 1 50 point playoff game btw (and it was exactly 50)
    Just had to get Kobe in there... so do 15 other players stuck on 1.

  3. #18
    Trans connoisseur RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Communism works
    Posts
    32,991

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Just had to get Kobe in there...
    Get off my dick, he'd already been brought up. Stop challenging everything I write, it's annoying.

  4. #19
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,510

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Get off my dick, he'd already been brought up. Stop challenging everything I write, it's annoying.
    Yeah, by DuMa... then me... in a non-hating mode. Funny, OP wasn't even hating on either Kobe or LeBron.

    How is this challenge ? If anything, you challenged me last time in Kblaze's thread about Joel Anthony's situation of shooting a non-contested 18 footer vs Dirk getting 12-18 foot jump shot contested... and the key was they knew that someone's life was on the line.

    And stop with the exaggerations. If you want to really go at it, make a poll about who's the most annoying on here, you or me. Let's see who's more annoying.

  5. #20
    Verticle? plowking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    We goin' Sizzler
    Posts
    28,053

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Wow, 50 point games are extremely rare in the post season. Weird to see players like Carter on that list among some great players. Same with Floyd.

    Does anyone know if triple doubles or 50 point games are rarer in the post season? I'd imagine its 50 point games comfortably.

  6. #21
    Chasing Legends Kobe 4 The Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    2,170

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    I think that if your star player has to score 50 points in a playoff game you have a problem. I don't think it should be looked at as a negative if Lebron doesn't have one. We all know he could score 50 anytime he wants.

  7. #22
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,510

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wow, 50 point games are extremely rare in the post season. Weird to see players like Carter on that list among some great players. Same with Floyd.

    Does anyone know if triple doubles or 50 point games are rarer in the post season? I'd imagine its 50 point games comfortably.
    Yeah, when you take into account steals and blocks weren't kept in track till the 73-74 season... they were probably a lot of triple and quadruple doubles that were missed out on.

    And no, I couldn't say how many triple doubles are out there compared to 50+ point games.

    33 50+point games compared too... Estimate 100-200+ triple doubles (known and unknown) ?

  8. #23
    5-time NBA All-Star G-train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    . Funny, OP wasn't even hating on either Kobe or LeBron.
    I'd say it was a clear Lebron hating troll attempt.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,865

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    who has? even kobe only has 1. how rare are 50 pt playoff gameS?

    nvm s1 said 20. exclusive
    Last edited by RazorBaLade; 09-12-2012 at 03:07 AM.

  10. #25
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,510

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I'd say it was a clear Lebron hating troll attempt.
    You know what, after thinking about it, you are right. But then to bring up Kobe ? I doubt OP is a Kobe fan/troll.

    But hey, that's ISH, I guess.

  11. #26
    GIVEN NOT EARNED ripthekik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    We all know he could score 50 anytime he wants.
    I don't know about that.. he just turns it off in the 4th.
    If he scored 40 by halftime, then I think there'd be a chance.

  12. #27
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,510

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    I don't think it should be looked at as a negative if Lebron doesn't have one. We all know he could score 50 anytime he wants.
    Yup, it isn't a negative whatsoever, just a rare ass feat.

    And that's pretty much a given for any great scorer. If they put the mind to get that many points, they would get it.

  13. #28
    I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I don't know about that.. he just turns it off in the 4th.
    If he scored 40 by halftime, then I think there'd be a chance.
    Wasn't he #1 or #2 in 4th quarter scoring last playoffs?

  14. #29
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wow, 50 point games are extremely rare in the post season. Weird to see players like Carter on that list among some great players. Same with Floyd.

    Does anyone know if triple doubles or 50 point games are rarer in the post season? I'd imagine its 50 point games comfortably.
    For basic triple doubles (i.e. 10+,10+,10+) the 50 point game is far more rare.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ts#stats::none

    That said, in the modern era at least, LeBron type 25+,10+,10+ triple doubles are pretty rare. 27 since '86 (when Bkb-Ref started counting) by 14 different players:

    6: LeBron
    3: Magic
    2: Barkley, Bird, Baron Davis, Jordan, Payton, Rondo.
    1: Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Ralph Sampson, Isiah Thomas, James Worthy
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=pts#stats::28

    There have been only 19 playoff 50 point games in that span, 8 from Jordan, 3 from Iverson and no one else more than once.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=pts#stats::28

  15. #30
    NBA sixth man of the year Round Mound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,633

    Default Re: LeBron has never had a 50 point playoff game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl
    For basic triple doubles (i.e. 10+,10+,10+) the 50 point game is far more rare.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ts#stats::none

    That said, in the modern era at least, LeBron type 25+,10+,10+ triple doubles are pretty rare. 27 since '86 (when Bkb-Ref started counting) by 14 different players:

    6: LeBron
    3: Magic
    2: Barkley, Bird, Baron Davis, Jordan, Payton, Rondo.
    1: Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Ralph Sampson, Isiah Thomas, James Worthy
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=pts#stats::28

    There have been only 19 playoff 50 point games in that span, 8 from Jordan, 3 from Iverson and no one else more than once.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=pts#stats::28
    Good To See Sir Charles Having the Highest FG% for a 40 Plus and Triple Double Point Game and a 50 Plus Point Game in Thee Play-Offs.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 09-12-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •