Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Could MJ do what Lebron did?

I was thinking about this today while I was watching 07 cavs vs pistons. I start saying im the biggest michael jordan homer of all time and I particulary dont like LeBron pretty much but... who in the history of the game could carry such horrible teams to 50+ wins every season and competing in the playoffs against anyone (even reaching a NBA finals)? Seriously. Even if Lebron never wins a ring in his life, that feat is extremely impressive.

Default Re: Could MJ do what Lebron did?

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    I was thinking about this today while I was watching 07 cavs vs pistons. I start saying im the biggest michael jordan homer of all time and I particulary dont like LeBron pretty much but... who in the history of the game could carry such horrible teams to 50+ wins every season and competing in the playoffs against anyone (even reaching a NBA finals)? Seriously. Even if Lebron never wins a ring in his life, that feat is extremely impressive.

Any all star surrounded with teammates capable of playing top 5 defense is capable of upsetting one good team in a series, beating two teams without winning records and getting swept in the Finals.

Not airballing my layups anymore LastEpisode's Avatar

Yes he can, now go to sleep..

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

"Even if Lebron never wins a ring in his life"

I know he won one last year. Im a celtic fan, i suffered his game 6 against us. The point was even if he didnt won that one, he would have been a top 20 alltime for what he did before.

I know he won one last year. Im a celtic fan, i suffered his game 6 against us. The point was even if he didnt won that one, he would have been a top 20 alltime for what he did before.
    for getting swept in the finals
    for beating 1 .500 playoff team
    for beating a second .500 playoff team

for beating one good team (the Pistons)

High School Varsity 6th Man

yes, prime MJ could lead 07 cavs to 50 plus win but not sure reaching a nba final

Talk about horrible team then let me ask you back a question. Do you think lebron could carry 85, 86 bulls team to 50+ wins and reaching final?

Prime MJ wins 2 rings on those 60+ wins Cavs teams because he's not a choking piece of shit...

They go from best team in the league, to scrubs surrounding LeBrick as soon as they lose?? Classic LeBron stans...

He also wins vs the Spurs because hes the GOAT...

Good for Bronzey, he joined some other "superstars" and won a ring. Shame it'll only be one though as the East got stronger now, and the Lakers will destroy them if they meet in the finals

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

It was very impressive. But didn't Jordan did something similar in the 1989 playoffs when he made "the shot". The Bulls beat the superior team against the Cavs, who beat four straight against that season, then beat the Knicks, who also had a better record than them, but lost to the Pistons who eventually won the championship.

An interesting fact is that the only team that Pistons lost a couple of games to were the Bulls in that playoffs. The Pistons swept every other team, including the Lakers in the Finals.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    for getting swept in the finals
    for beating 1 .500 playoff team
    for beating a second .500 playoff team

for beating one good team (the Pistons)

Why do you hate this dude so much --->

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Why do you hate this dude so much --->
    I hate ignorance and mythology. I don't hate LeBron. I know nothing about him outside of the fact that he is good at playing a game in which 5 players try to put a ball in a raised hoop while 5 other players try to stop them.

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Lebrons 07 playoff run is so overrated oh but Lebron carried a horrible team to the finals and no played could of beat the Spurs with that Cavs. Lebron played like shit in the playoffs for the most part he shot under 40% in 12 games so i have a hard time believing Lebron was carrying anything. Also i don't consider a team that is top 5 in defense and rebounding and can go 3-1 without their best player. Also the east was weak beating two 500 teams that were injured is not impressive and than a old past its prime Pistons without Ben Wallace. Lets also not forget the Cavs lost by an average of 6 points with Lebron averaging 22 points on 36%. If Lebron plays bad and not terrible in the 07 finals Cavs would be going back to Cleveland up 3-1 or at the very least its 2-2. I think you could of replaced quite a few players with Lebron in 07 and they win it all. But lets ignore the facts and say the Cavs had no chance

I know one thing that MJ couldn't do that Lebron did..

2011 finals..