Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: Just took my new iPhone 5 to the gym....WOW!

I'm beginning to think that TheLogo's jaw-dropping levels of imbecility are possibly due to some sort of medical condition.

Did your mother ingest a little too much alcohol while you were in the womb, OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    That's so mean.
    Yet so appropriate.

a droid user would most likely already be matured fitness wise in the gym and goes to maintain it, while your running 1 mile on the treadmill with your colorful pumas trying to look good for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    So I took my new iPhone to the gym and wow! What a difference the weight makes compared to my older one. The difference in weight is noticeable since I'm in my gym clothes.

Once again Apple wins on functionality. Yes, the new phone is bigger but it's not a monstrosity like most of these Droid phones.

One overlooked feature that I think sets off the phone......

Earphone jack on the bottom of the phone. That ish is amazing. Yes, something as simple as that makes changing tracks so much easier. When reaching for my pocket for the phone, it is no longer upside down where I would have to turn it the right side up to change tracks.
    Now all I do is pull it out of my pocket and it's the right side up to change tracks on the screen. Brilliant.

I wouldn't expect Droid users to know anything about going to the gym and changing music. When your other arm is holding up weights.

Thank you Apple.

Functionality>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Huge screen.

OP at :05

http://youtu.be/bJafiCKliA8?t=5s

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Apple (and others) have had this vision way before Google came along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE3Ta...feature=fvwrel

Like I said before, I've been able to sync my bookmarks, files, calendar, contacts, etc.etc. since .Mac and it's been available to some degree way before. They didn't copy the idea from Google, they just needed to implement it in a way that made sense for Apple.

The same can be said about an array of features, it isn't that Apple copied other products (necessarily), it's just them figuring it how they can best implement them in a way that makes sense to them.

Yes LTE was available before the iPhone even came out (or 4G whatever you wanna call it) but it wasn't in Apple's best interest to implement it. Just like it wasn't in their best interest to implement front facing cameras until later on.

their best interest being they need to hold back features so they have upgrades to sell to sheep the following year.
    Last edited by rezznor; 09-23-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    their best interest being they need to hold back features so they have upgrades to sell to sheep the following year.
    True that, what a ridiculous thing to suggest.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

[QUOTE=andgar923]Even tho I think this thread is useless (entertaining tho).

A correction of sorts (just stating the facts)

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

It's funny seeing Apple fans telling people "they're hating" when Apple came out with all those Mac vs. PC commercials a couple years back.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Even if that was the sole reason.

Is there a problem with companies (in general) trying to make money?

I mean, that's what companies are for correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    That's an insult to actual, real life impact, innovations.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    It's funny seeing Apple fans telling people "they're hating" when Apple came out with all those Mac vs. PC commercials a couple years back.
    They were different.

The Apple ads weren't hating on Windows and they certainly weren't ridiculing the users. What they were doing was displaying what the differences of each system were.

"Hi

Learning to shoot layups Amare4lyfe's Avatar

So true. There is really nothing innovative on the iPhone 5.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    They were different.

The Apple ads weren't hating on Windows and they certainly weren't ridiculing the users. What they were doing was displaying what the differences of each system were.

"Hi… I'm a Mac!" "and I'm a PC"

Those are COMPUTERS that they're representing, not PEOPLE.

These new ads by Samsung look like they're jealous, and they're directly attacking iPhone users.
    Wow. Do you remember the commercials? It was more about the people than the computers.

PC guy was an overweight, badly dressed dork and Mac guy was a "cool" hipster know-it-all. While the Mac guy actually came off like a tremendous douche, they were absolutely making fun of PC people and attempting to make Mac people look cool.

Revisionist history here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5z0Ia5jDt4

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Wow. Do you remember the commercials? It was more about the people than the computers.

PC guy was an overweight, badly dressed dork and Mac guy was a "cool" hipster know-it-all. While the Mac guy actually came off like a tremendous douche, they were absolutely making fun of PC people and attempting to make Mac people look cool.

Revisionist history here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5z0Ia5jDt4
    Again.

The PC guy represents A COMPUTER not a person/user.

"Hi I'm a MAC" and "I'm a PC"

If you think the Mac is the douche you really need to go back and watch again.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I've owned both an Android and an Iphone, both the early models like the first Galaxy and the Iphone 3. I honestly couldn't even tell the difference . I don't use my phone like a computer tho, so basically text\talk\random apps. If somebody gave me a choice between the two I'd probably go with the cheaper one, or maybe the Iphone since I like the look better. I'm tough on phones and both screens cracked too, so durability wasn't even that much different.

No clue why people who like Apple and people who like Android fight about it. If one is better, it's not like it's THAT much better. Nowhere near to the point where you have to pick a side