Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    U mirin my face?

Default Current - Dirk Nowitzki or Kobe Bryant

According to the ESPN rank, Kobe was ranked as the 6th best player while Dirk was ranked as the 11th best player. I personally disagree with both rankings. Kobe was ranked too high and Dirk was ranked too low.

Who do you guys think at their current stage of their career is the better player?

Banned

Default Re: Current - Dirk Nowitzki or Kobe Bryant

Dirk, he gets better looks at the rim, because of the fact that his size allows him to post up. He has a signature shot more reliable than anything Kobe has. Kobe is forced to catch the ball 20 feet from the hoop and at this stage he isn't quick enough to do anything, but attempt bad shots with his mediocre length.

Kobe doesn't positively impact the game at all unless he is making his circus shots. He shoots too inefficiently to warrant the 20+ shots per game he demands.

Dirk carried his team to a title as well sweeping Kobe in the playoffs who had a stacked team of Odom, Bynum, Gasol. Swept

And most importantly of all, Dirk knows when to pick his spots. He is better at realizing when to defer to teammates and when to take advantage of a matchup. Kobe still thinks he is an elite player, and the worst thing you can have is a washed up dude that still thinks hes elite.

Kobe Bryant.

I think he'll be better this year with Nash running the point, taking less pressure of ball-handling duties and letting Bryant focus on what he does best: shoot and score. If he's focused, his defense can still be adequate and can still provide good help defense when call upon.

Dirk, if focused and healthy, will probably return to better form this year, but I don't think he doesn't have enough offensive pieces to work with. I don't think he's slipped that far down, but I thought Kobe was better than Dirk last year in both regular season and playoffs and shouldn't be any different this year.

Banned

lol@ perenial 1st team all nba player who gave up the scoring title last day of the season not being top 5...

looks like we're gonna get another 50-60 point game and a funny post game quote from the mamba

Gimme Dirk.

I need a guy who's silky smooth and not a chucker.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

I'll take Dirk

But Kobe is certainly no slouch

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lol@ perenial 1st team all nba player who gave up the scoring title last day of the season not being top 5...

looks like we're gonna get another 50-60 point game and a funny post game quote from the mamba
    You have no shame. Gave up the scoring title? You act like he just needed 20-25 points or something.

That was so gracious of Kobe, though, to just give Durant the scoring title. What a nice guy.

Banned

do any of you morons even watch basketball?

the fans and experts both ranked dirk #10 and #11 in the nba right now...

compared to #6 and #3 for kobe

so either way you look at it kobes better. its not even close and hasnt been since around 2007

jesus wtf is this a dallas pep rally or something?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    do any of you morons even watch basketball?

the fans and experts both ranked dirk #10 and #11 in the nba right now...

compared to #6 and #3 for kobe

so either way you look at it kobes better. its not even close and hasnt been since around 2007

jesus wtf is this a dallas pep rally or something?
    I'm guessing you're one of those fans who ranked him #3? And you see why you can't take fan votes on any website (even ESPN) seriously, right?

Kobe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm guessing you're one of those fans who ranked him #3? And you see why you can't take fan votes on any website (even ESPN) seriously, right?

basically tied for league leading regular season and playoff scoring champion

1st team all nba

2nd team all defense

leader of a team with a top 3 seed

28/5/5

hes atleast a top 3 player in the league... howard had a bad year. quit on his team. cant lead for sh*t... derrick rose didnt even play... how are these guys ranked above kobe?

espn ranked him 6th.... well hes gonna win #6 and make a witty quote after the finals when hes holding that finals mvp in his hands

"well i guess they got confused with the # of rings i got rather than my actual rank in this league. cause this means i'm #1 b*tches.... i retire"

Dirk is the better player and has been for awhile. He just hasn't had Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, & now Dwight.

But he did have Chandler one season, swept Kobe, beat Durant, and then won the championship going thru LeBron & Wade.

Imagine if he had legit centers his whole career...

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

The lakers would do just fine without Kobe. Swap him out with an average shooting guard and that team can still dominate.

Steve Nash
    Courtney Lee (just an example)
    Ron Artest
    Pau Gasol
    Dwight Howard

They might actually do better without Kobe shooting 20 contested shots a game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
    The lakers would do just fine without Kobe. Swap him out with an average shooting guard and that team can still dominate.

Steve Nash
    Courtney Lee (just an example)
    Ron Artest
    Pau Gasol
    Dwight Howard

They might actually do better without Kobe shooting 20 contested shots a game.

this guy prayed to god begging for kobe to lose in the 2009 and 2010 finals. then shat and pissed himself to sleep when god laughed in his face...

College superstar

dirk is a midround playoff fodder. a one dimensional scorer who's only claim to fame is a SINGLE championship....with the MOST stacked team in the league. dirk's 2006 and 2007 choke jobs are more than enough to make this easy for me.

kobe is better.