Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Current - Dirk Nowitzki or Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by coin24

This has nothing to do with the Mavs sweeping the Lakers 2 years ago.
    Dirk fans are so sensitive... For starters I said he was top 15, then you go on to say he was injured and out of shape, but hes top 10???

Its pretty common knowledge Dirk was labelled a gigantic choker up until his 1 great run. Yes it was a GREAT run, i said that previously also. BUT, it was only 1 year, he hasnt exactly done
    much else. Actually, I even went to a Mavs game last season so STFU retard...
    Top 10 because he played great for the second half and lead a
    really bad squad to the playoffs and gave some tough games to the WCF champs.

Dirk is rarely a choker. He had 1 choke in 07 but who doesnt have a bad series? 06 was bad but dirk played great and had a great run to the finals. Dirk has been very clutch for years...

Dirk has had plenty great playoff performances. Not just '11

He hasn't done much else?!?! Not everyone has stacked squads and can win 5 rings.

Still can't believe you once said dirk was a career loser. How the fk can you win a championship and be a career loser. Not even including all the great things dirk has done in his career.
    Last edited by Cone; 09-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Default Re: Current - Dirk Nowitzki or Kobe Bryant

I would still roll with Kobe. Still a supreme alpha dog scorer AND all around player in one. Dirk even at his peak was ONLY a supreme alpha dog scorer. Which isn't a bad thing because he was the supreme alpha dog PF of his era in my opinion. But both guys still are top ten guys in the L. Kobe I would take as high as 2 or 3 while Dirk is still a top ten guy. People get caught up in age and that's why I think Kobe and Dirk took a hit. But they are in their mid 30's, an age range where many IMMORTALS still dominated or were cream of the crop (ages 33-36):

MJ
    Kareem
    West
    Wilt
    Hondo
    Barry
    Bird
    Mailman
    Stockton
    Hakeem
    Sir Charles
    Nique

I can go on and on. Mid 30's can still be peak level or backend prime play! Kobe and Dirk are prime candidates for this. MJ at 35 WAS STILL the best player in the L. So u can't go off age all the time. Especially when we have seen guys like Mailman, Stockton, MJ, and Kareem still as some of the premier players at their positions in the late 30's years of age to 40 range. Hell Magic at 36 was still damn awesome as well!