Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Current - Dirk Nowitzki or Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    basically tied for league leading regular season and playoff scoring champion

1st team all nba

2nd team all defense

leader of a team with a top 3 seed

28/5/5

hes atleast a top 3 player in the league... howard had a bad year. quit on his team. cant lead for sh*t... derrick rose didnt even play... how are these guys ranked above kobe?

espn ranked him 6th.... well hes gonna win #6 and make a witty quote after the finals when hes holding that finals mvp in his hands

"well i guess they got confused with the # of rings i got rather than my actual rank in this league. cause this means i'm #1 b*tches.... i retire"
    At least a top 3 player? It sounds like you want to make a case for him at #2, which is stupid. Of course that's pretty much the same thing you started doing several months ago. At first it was "Hakeem isn't even close to Kobe all-time because half of Kobe's resume is better than Hakeem's resume." Then you moved on to "Kobe>>>>>>>>Shaq and it's not even close" with "Shaq couldn't win until he got Kobe" as your main argument and started to argue it was stupid for anyone to not consider Kobe to be ranked top 6 all-time. A week or two later that became top 5 and, as recently as today, you are now trying to argue why Kobe is better than Jordan. That's why no one should take anything you say about Kobe seriously. If they do, they're just as stupid and ignorant as you are.

Howard was hurt and what does "not being able to lead worth a shit" have to do anything? A healthy Howard is still better than Kobe at this point in their careers.

So is Chris Paul. A hobbled CP3 took a hobbled Blake Griffin and the Clippers just as far in the playoffs as the Lakers. He finished higher in the MVP voting, was 1st team All-NBA, and 1st team All-Defense, was third in assists, and lead the league in steals.

Not that any of that actually matters, because Chris Paul is just a flatout better basketball player than Kobe right now, but I'm just using the same criteria you like to use to argue why someone is better than someone else.
    Last edited by KG215; 09-27-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Dirk is the better player and has been for awhile. He just hasn't had Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, & now Dwight.

But he did have Chandler one season, swept Kobe, beat Durant, and then won the championship going thru LeBron & Wade.

Imagine if he had legit centers his whole career...

its like some kind of a 2011 flashback or something. i guess no one watched 2012

dirk sucked

the mavs sucked

holy fu*ck this is nostalgic to say the least.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    At least a top 3 player? It sounds like you want to make a case for him at #2, which is stupid. Howard was hurt and what does "not being able to lead worth a shit" have to do anything? A healthy Howard is still better than Kobe at this point in their career's.

So is Chris Paul. A hobbled CP3 took a hobbled Blake Griffin and the Clippers just as far in the playoffs as the Lakers. He finished higher in the MVP voting, was 1st team All-NBA, and 1st team All-Defense, was third in assists, and lead the league in steals.

Not that any of that actually matters, because Chris Paul is just a flatout better basketball player than Kobe right now, but I'm just using the same criteria you like to use to argue why someone is better than someone else.

i don't believe chris paul or dwight are better than kobe... its pretty close between them all and only 1 of them has proved they can lead a team to a championship

all have advantages in different areas. i just think kobe unlike paul or howard can create a shot at any time for himself and not just his team mates ( like paul ) and as for howard ( niether his team mates or himself )

i guess kobe just has to go out and win another title as finals mvp. thats the only way anyone ever realises how good he is

chris paul might get more assists.. but kobes been the main play maker for 5 world championship teams... remember that.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Dirk, he gets better looks at the rim, because of the fact that his size allows him to post up. He has a signature shot more reliable than anything Kobe has. Kobe is forced to catch the ball 20 feet from the hoop and at this stage he isn't quick enough to do anything, but attempt bad shots with his mediocre length.

Kobe doesn't positively impact the game at all unless he is making his circus shots. He shoots too inefficiently to warrant the 20+ shots per game he demands.

Dirk carried his team to a title as well sweeping Kobe in the playoffs who had a stacked team of Odom, Bynum, Gasol. Swept

And most importantly of all, Dirk knows when to pick his spots. He is better at realizing when to defer to teammates and when to take advantage of a matchup. Kobe still thinks he is an elite player, and the worst thing you can have is a washed up dude that still thinks hes elite.
    TL;DR:
    dirk is a good scorer and he's average to below average in everything else. how does this make him a top 10 player, let alone 5th 6th or 7th best in the league like some people try to argue him as?

do any of you morons even watch basketball?

the fans and experts both ranked dirk #10 and #11 in the nba right now...

compared to #6 and #3 for kobe

so either way you look at it kobes better. its not even close and hasnt been since around 2007

jesus wtf is this a dallas pep rally or something?

It's a Hate Kobe Rally, notice how all the Kobe haters have green bars and the Kobe fans who don't suck up to them have red.

I feel ISH is a tipping hourglass sometimes.

When it's in the mood, the Lakers fans dominate the area and say stuff and no one else wants to post.
    Now that LeBron's won, whenever someone tries to bring up that Kobe still played well, people gun down that idea immediatly.

I mean, they're both great players and have good strengths and weaknesses but the fanbase of both is torn for some strange reason

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    I feel ISH is a tipping hourglass sometimes.

When it's in the mood, the Lakers fans dominate the area and say stuff and no one else wants to post.
    Now that LeBron's won, whenever someone tries to bring up that Kobe still played well, people gun down that idea immediatly.

I mean, they're both great players and have good strengths and weaknesses but the fanbase of both is torn for some strange reason

i think its a what have you done for me lately fan base that makes up 90% of nba fans

whoevers on top will get all the fans... when kobes winning his fans dominate the message boards... lebron won so now his fans dominate ISH

if the lakers win the next couple of rings you'l see some changes.

i myself can take on 50 letards at a time by myself. i don't care.

i think its a what have you done for me lately fan base that makes up 90% of nba fans

whoevers on top will get all the fans... when kobes winning his fans dominate the message boards... lebron won so now his fans dominate ISH

I think I understand your point. Why can't LeBron fans accept Kobe is a great player and shooter and all and why can't Kobe fans accept LeBron is a great player and passer and all. I mean, they're both pretty special.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

That's how all sports are bruh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    I think I understand your point. Why can't LeBron fans accept Kobe is a great player and shooter and all and why can't Kobe fans accept LeBron is a great player and passer and all. I mean, they're both pretty special.

i've been quoted a ton of times saying lebrons the best and has been for a few years. kobes not prime anymore. but hes still a top 5 player and at best arguably right there with howard or paul..

i even put lebron top 11-15 all time.

but lebron fans for the most part still say the most insane things like "kobes barely top 10 all time or current. they say he NEVER was the best player at any one point in time over the last decade.

lebron fans give zero credit. i think it has allot to do with their age. when their older maybe theyel give a bit of credit to someone other than their idol

i may look like a hater cause i think lebron had an asterisk title.. but he did. that doesnt take away from him being the best. i just dont think 1999 or 2012 are the same because of the lockouts
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 09-27-2012 at 01:02 AM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    According to the ESPN rank, Kobe was ranked as the 6th best player while Dirk was ranked as the 11th best player. I personally disagree with both rankings. Kobe was ranked too high and Dirk was ranked too low.

Who do you guys think at their current stage of their career is the better player?

Dirk.

Kobe needs a team of great players to be successful.

Dirk can carry an 'ok' team and be successful.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Tracy McGrady

Kobe at worst is a top 3 player

Dirk at worst is a top 15 player

You choose?

i don't believe chris paul or dwight are better than kobe... its pretty close between them all and only 1 of them has proved they can lead a team to a championship
    And what does that have to do with the here and now? We're not comparing legacies or career accomplishments. We're talking about the better basketball heading into the 2012-2013 season. I don't think there's any question a healthy Dwight Howard is better and, based on last year, I'd take Chris Paul over Kobe. And of course LeBron and Durant...that's the top 4. I'd have Kobe at #5 right now, though. A healthy Rose has a case for top 5 as does a healthy Wade, but base don last season, Kobe is top 5.

all have advantages in different areas. i just think kobe unlike paul or howard can create a shot at any time for himself and not just his team mates ( like paul ) and as for howard ( niether his team mates or himself )
    That's one aspect of basketball. Kobe can't facilitate and play "floor general" like Chris Paul, and he doesn't come anywhere close to even sniffing the defensive impact Dwight Howard has on the game. But that's what you do. It's like you saying a reason you think Kobe is better than Shaq is because he's more "skilled" and can shoot, dribble, and pass. better. You pick and choose whatever areas and criteria that fit your Kobe agenda.

i guess kobe just has to go out and win another title as finals mvp. thats the only way anyone ever realises how good he is
    No, plenty of people realize how good he is. The season he had last year was very impressive given the mileage he has on his legs. He just doesn't have the same impact on a game or playoff series as he did 2-4 years ago. If he was 2008-2009 Kobe he probably takes that team to the WCF or at least pushes the Thunder to a hard fought 7 game series. Bynum finally stayed healthy all season and emerged as a legit go-to center. That team wasn't as good as the 2008-2010 Lakers because they didn't have someone of Odom's caliber coming off the bench, but Bynum was much better than he was those years. He just didn't have the same kind of all-around impact he was having in the playoffs 2-4 years ago.

chris paul might get more assists.. but kobes been the main play maker for 5 world championship teams... remember that.
    He was the main playmaker because his starting PG was Derek Fisher. Even i Fisher had played his entire career on another team without a ball-dominant SG like Kobe, he wouldn't have been your prototypical facilitating/playmaking PG. He is and always has been a shooting/scoring PG.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice

Dirk carried his team to a title as well sweeping Kobe in the playoffs who had a stacked team of Odom, Bynum, Gasol. Swept

Swept.....after winning back to back titles.

Dirk, after losing some key players, including Tyson Chandler....Exit first round, back to mediocrity.

Try again.