Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default NBA Live 13 CANCELLED

We all saw this coming...

http://go.ign.com/Qs0gnP

Banned

Default Re: NBA Live 13 CANCELLED

EA Talking about EA, can't wait to get FIFA 13 tomorrow Anybody else getting/have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    EA Talking about EA, can't wait to get FIFA 13 tomorrow Anybody else getting/have it?
    I'll be getting it a little down the road. Probably the best sports game year in and year out

I don't get it. Why cancel it? They should sell it for cheap in order to recoup some of the money invested. They should fire whoever is in charge of the game development and hire some real pros.

NBA Superstar

My first instinct is to laugh at this news because from the outside looking in, it's been just one huge disaster after another for EA's basketball team these last few years.

On the flip side, I really do think it'd be nice to someday see another company's legitimate take on the game of basketball again. But I'm totally on both sides of the fence here. I want EA to really put some time in and create an awesome product, but then it's just kind of hilarious to watch them flim flam all about. I mean, they announced an indefinite delay on the same day they released their trailer. Who does that?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    My first instinct is to laugh at this news because from the outside looking in, it's been just one huge disaster after another for EA's basketball team these last few years.

On the flip side, I really do think it'd be nice to someday see another company's legitimate take on the game of basketball again. But I'm totally on both sides of the fence here. I want EA to really put some time in and create an awesome product, but then it's just kind of hilarious to watch them flim flam all about. I mean, they announced an indefinite delay on the same day they released their trailer. Who does that?
    Thats what they had been doing but somehow failed.

Banned

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

EA's basketball franchise has been irrelevant since 2K's series came out! Now all we need is for their NFL monopoly to end so 2K can make a proper NFL game!

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

EA's basketball franchise has been irrelevant since 2K's series came out! Now all we need is for their NFL monopoly to end so 2K can make a proper NFL game!
    A new 2K NFL game would blow Madden away. I don't think EA is losing that license any time soon though.

Banned

I used to love NBA Live when i was younger, the last one I got was 2004 or 2005 I think with Melo on the cover. Didn't know the franchise got discontinued.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    A new 2K NFL game would blow Madden away. I don't think EA is losing that license any time soon though.
    I think the exclusive license ends in 2013, so I'll be curious to see if the NFL just mindlessly re-ups or once again introduces other competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    They should fire whoever is in charge of the game development and hire some real pros.
    Why would any real pros want to work on a game that has been made 30 times already?

They should make another NBA Street. Those games were fun!

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Exactly, tired of that garbage Madden crap