Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Live 13 CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    It was the best until 2K came out.

I'd say there were at least a year or 2 when the Kobe's Courtside games were best.

Local High School Star

Looooool. They're so dumb, they based the game off of NBA Elite when they could've based it off of Live 10 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    EA Talking about EA, can't wait to get FIFA 13 tomorrow Anybody else getting/have it?
    Yep, got it on Tuesday. Played a ton of it today, I'm pretty bad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Probably the biggest epic fail in disc media entertainment ever, that covers a lot of shyt lol. 2 out of 3 years yo shyt gets canceled, wtf, how is that possible. Out of all mass entertainment shyt in the history of life, I dont think any product ever was canceled twice with a free year in between, its like they took a break to get canceled again lmao. All these people who produced the game over these last few years still get paid too lmao. They gotta all be 2k spies of some shyt, failure like this has to be forced......... Right?
    id say its the biggest fail outside of Duke Nukem

2K12 is best basketball game ever created.
    2k13, going off the demo, seems even better.
    Far, and I mean FAR from 'utter trash'.
    Stop drinking the coolaid dude.
    A game that can't even get something so simple as the passing mechanics correct (the devs even admitted this) is far from the best Basketball game ever.
    I could literally write an essay on how many problems 2k's NBA games have had recently but why bother, blind fanboys will always be blind..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Well at least EA are willing to admit they suck and not release buggy PoS games.

Too bad 2k doesn't take that route too, their games have been utter trash for the last 3 years, anyone who can't admit that is just a sadcase fanboy...
    are you really gonna try and say 2k9 > 2k12? or live 10 > 2k12? are these actual thoughts you have?

Funny thing is, I remember when 2K used to be the red headed step child between the two. Then they decided to sell their game for 20 bucks. That was the greatest business decision since Henry Ford and his theory on paying his worker a live in wage

3-time NBA All-Star

Well at least EA are willing to admit they suck and not release buggy PoS games.

Too bad 2k doesn't take that route too, their games have been utter trash for the last 3 years, anyone who can't admit that is just a sadcase fanboy...
    So you're saying 2kSports should take EA's lead and also not release their NBA game?

You do know that means there wouldn't be a simulation-style NBA game for this current season.... right???

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    are you really gonna try and say 2k9 > 2k12? or live 10 > 2k12? are these actual thoughts you have?
    Live 2000 actually. In terms of gameplay, the only thing I care about, that was the game that had the perfect control.

National High School Star

You knew they were in trouble when the first thing they talked about was how many man hours they spent on the players faces. seriously? It sounds like they went through the list of things people didn't like about the recent 2k games and tried to improve them with mixed results... then turned around and realized the rest of the game was still garbage. At e3 the press lady in charge of the Live theater practically threw herself in font of the door to keep people from seeing the game. It's that bad.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    You knew they were in trouble when the first thing they talked about was how many man hours they spent on the players faces.
    Really?? That was my biggest gripe about the Live franchise towards the end of its run... the faces simply weren't realistic enough.

Better faces = ultimate gaming experience

2K12 is best basketball game ever created.
    2k13, going off the demo, seems even better.
    Far, and I mean FAR from 'utter trash'.
    NBA Street 2 for arcade gameplay and NBA Live 2000 for sim gameplay (lots of jumpshots and realistic stats).. The animations weren't great of course, but the game was.

R.I.P

Banned

Stop drinking the coolaid dude.
    A game that can't even get something so simple as the passing mechanics correct (the devs even admitted this) is far from the best Basketball game ever.
    I could literally write an essay on how many problems 2k's NBA games have had recently but why bother, blind fanboys will always be blind..

This dude says 2K is a bad game and yet, it has singlehandedly put a basketball game franchise (NBA Live) out for 2 years in a row now! 2K is such a good game that EA has decided not to release their game for 2 straight years now even though money has already been spent to make it! Imagine all the millions they've wasted for 2 years now just because they know (after playing 2K demo) that their game just won't sell enough to justify public release because there's a superior game out (2K).

I wish I could make a "bad" game like that.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Funny thing is, I remember when 2K used to be the red headed step child between the two. Then they decided to sell their game for 20 bucks. That was the greatest business decision since Henry Ford and his theory on paying his worker a live in wage
    It was a great move, but I think they would have broke through regardless, just perhaps slightly later than they did.

2K's had a great product from the start. I was an NBA Live player until my friend and I rented Live 2002 and saw the entire basket stanchion nearly shake to the ground on a one hand Steve Francis dunk. At that point, we thought it was time to try out the game that'd looked so nice in the SLAM magazine advertisements. NBA 2K2 ended up being spectacular and contrary to NBA Live '02, it was realistic. They just happened to have brand recognition fighting against them.

With that said, ESPN NBA Basketball 2004 (NBA 2K4) was a wreck, as 2K attempted to copy Live (and did a horrible job of it) but each other edition has seemed to be on point.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Live 2000 actually. In terms of gameplay, the only thing I care about, that was the game that had the perfect control.
    Live 2000 was the best game for over close to a decade for me for that reason alone, and even up until 2007 you can find updated rosters and patches for that game online.

Cant say the gameplay is better than 2k12 though. Get with the times bro, there was glitches in live 2000 too( guards dunking like Shaq, too easy to make 3pters, turbo+ shootiung made you shoot this glitchy quick unstoppable shot). No sports game is perfect, and there is no unstoppable(chesee) moves in 2k12. Lebron, Rose, Melo, Durant, all have different ways of being contained. Kobe is a lil too beastly , but there ways to stop him too. The only beef with the passing is that the computer moves sometimes at the wrong times, No reason why Jimmer should be cutting in instead of just spotting up aroudn the perimeter.