Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Searching...
    Posts
    5,284

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Sheed trying to secure his record of most technical fouls.

  2. #32
    Stare bagelred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    26,893

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    as it should novak is garbage outside of 3 pt shooting
    Yes, outside of making every open shot he ever takes......he's not that good. Actually his defense is perfectly fine.......

    His +/- last year was very good. That's the type of garbage I like......

  3. #33
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,298

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Alot of simpletons on this board who dont realize what teams are supposed to do when theyre in win now mode.

    Getting young talent is great but lets be real here, when your goal is to get as far as possible in the playoffs you dot have time to babysit and mentor potential based young kids.

    Who would you rather have running your team in the 4th quarter: 39 year old hall of famer Jason Kidd or 23 year old bust Jonny Flynn???

    And ill enjoy 38 year old Rasheed shutting down bonehead neophytes like Andray Blatche

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,348

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Although I hate the Wallace signing for many reasons.....you do realize that all their "old" players are backups, right?
    Yeah, backups who won't do anything! So what's the point? Might as well sign Oakley too or Ewing since they can also be backups (who won't do anything).

  5. #35
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    25,165

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Alot of simpletons on this board who dont realize what teams are supposed to do when theyre in win now mode.

    Getting young talent is great but lets be real here, when your goal is to get as far as possible in the playoffs you dot have time to babysit and mentor potential based young kids.

    Who would you rather have running your team in the 4th quarter: 39 year old hall of famer Jason Kidd or 23 year old bust Jonny Flynn???

    And ill enjoy 38 year old Rasheed shutting down bonehead neophytes like Andray Blatche
    Win what "now?" NY isn't even the best team in their division, much less conference.

  6. #36
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,387

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Alot of simpletons on this board who dont realize what teams are supposed to do when theyre in win now mode.

    Getting young talent is great but lets be real here, when your goal is to get as far as possible in the playoffs you dot have time to babysit and mentor potential based young kids.

    Who would you rather have running your team in the 4th quarter: 39 year old hall of famer Jason Kidd or 23 year old bust Jonny Flynn???

    And ill enjoy 38 year old Rasheed shutting down bonehead neophytes like Andray Blatche
    Errr I don't know about all this. Win now doesn't mean getting the oldest vets available. I mean I like the Camby pick up, Kidd is questionable but still good. But the Rasheed Wallace pickup is about 5 years too late. He hasn't been in the league for the past two years and his work ethic was never the best to begin with. What do the Knicks really expect?

  7. #37
    Stare bagelred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    26,893

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Yeah, backups who won't do anything! So what's the point? .
    I think Rasheed Wallace might be done. And not sure about Kurt Thomas, who is just hanging on at this point. But you think Camby, Kidd, JR Smith, Novak, and eventually Shumpert/Brewer (whichever goes to bench), can't "do anything" off the bench? Really?

    Take off the "I hate everything Knicks" glasses.

  8. #38
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,298

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Errr I don't know about all this. Win now doesn't mean getting the oldest vets available. I mean I like the Camby pick up, Kidd is questionable but still good. But the Rasheed Wallace pickup is about 5 years too late. He hasn't been in the league for the past two years and his work ethic was never the best to begin with. What do the Knicks really expect?
    Im in complete agreement with everyone that the Knicks championship expectations are overreaching, we probably have a 5% chance. The roster is flawed big time and Amares loss of athleticism is mainly responsible. In fact at this point id probably move Amare for Carlos Boozer even.

    I digress, although we probably wont win a title we are locked into immovable contracts through 2016 so we might as well go all in and hope for some misfortune on the part of our rivals to maybe increase our chances.

    Also, the free agent barrel is near barren so what other options did we really have? We picked from what was available for the minimum. We needed a backup for Amare anyway and Wallace was always a top level post defender, could mix it up in the high or low post and create his own shot. That to me is better than Kenyon Martin whos production has rapidly declined an has no offensive game to speak of

  9. #39
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,387

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Im in complete agreement with everyone that the Knicks championship expectations are overreaching, we probably have a 5% chance. The roster is flawed big time and Amares loss of athleticism is mainly responsible. In fact at this point id probably move Amare for Carlos Boozer even.

    I digress, although we probably wont win a title we are locked into immovable contracts through 2016 so we might as well go all in and hope for some misfortune on the part of our rivals to maybe increase our chances.

    Also, the free agent barrel is near barren so what other options did we really have? We picked from what was available for the minimum. We needed a backup for Amare anyway and Wallace was always a top level post defender, could mix it up in the high or low post and create his own shot. That to me is better than Kenyon Martin whos production has rapidly declined an has no offensive game to speak of
    I wouldn't wish that fate on no fan. The Knicks have had a great offseason and I agree to a certain extent that they won't win a championship. Their roster is so hard to peg down really, their ceiling is a championship if Melo and Amare play out of their minds and the role players step up, but again there's a weird mesh of skill sets and players. I'm just in the opinion that Wallace is done, why not give that roster spot to another young guy to develop or someone who you know at min still has gas left in the tank.

  10. #40
    Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    last season

    we started off as

    douglas
    fields
    melo
    amare
    tyson

    bench

    bibby
    jefffries
    shumpert
    walker
    balkman

    this season

    felton
    brewer
    melo
    amare
    tyson

    bench

    kidd
    shumpert
    JR
    novak
    camby
    wallace
    prigoni
    thomas

    i expect good things and a huge improvement now with extended veteran help


    Brewer and Felton could honestly be the worst starting back court in the league

  11. #41
    o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    V
    Posts
    6,253

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Sheed trying to secure his record of most technical fouls.
    Ha.

  12. #42
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19,115

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    wallace to attend training camp
    Maybe he's matured a bit and can provide some leadership on and off the court.

  13. #43
    "LINISH HIM!" airchibundo507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Brewer and Felton could honestly be the worst starting back court in the league
    Kidd, Shumpert and JR could honestly be the best backcourt off the bench in the league.

  14. #44
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,387

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Kidd, Shumpert and JR could honestly be the best backcourt off the bench in the league.
    Knicks should start Shumpert when he gets back.

  15. #45
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    25,165

    Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Kidd, Shumpert and JR could honestly be the best backcourt off the bench in the league.
    Or they could be an over-the-hill star, a guy recovering from an ACL tear and a brainless chuck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •