Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If Michael Jordan was a Knick

i think jordan fans are way worse than me or any other kobe fan

the problem with them is they have a religious, destiny view on life ( in my opinion )

they all assume everything will pan out the same. but changing even the slightest thing like adding jordan would have been a 4th dimensional timeline butterfly effect ripple on the history of the knicks. completely changes every single draft pick they and allot of other teams got from 1984 till now

not a single team would have anything close to the same players they have today.

the knicks would have stunk it up and relied on key additions. and whos to know that they would have ever come?

people don't realise how lucky they are to even be born. its like hitting the lottery 100 times in a row. if your parents even hold off having sex for half a second. you're never born.

its why i always tell these people like the natives, black slavery or other victoms of historical racism or genocide. if it never happend. chances are you're never born. we're all here because history made it possible. if any slightest thing changed we become one of the other 100 million sperm that died off

so in the end. its like explaning science to a religious person. jordan fans think in terms of fairy tales and that jordan would be playing with ewing, starks, oakley and more. its just not the case. jordan may verry well have been stuck with nobody and chances are a bunch of different teams end up winning titles instead.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Sorry, but Jordan was going to win multiple rings regardless of where he played or who he played for.
    Sorry, but no. Jordan could carry a team, but he wasn't the type who made everybody else on the floor better. He was a SG version of Wilt in terms of outstanding production on both sides of the ball, but the difference is that he had the benefit of a better team and didn't have to play against any great teams in the 90s (the best competition he faced was the 93 Suns). There were plenty of teams on which he could have wound up never winning a title for. Clips, Mavs, Warriors just to start.

Obviously he'd have needed a good second banana (every all-time great does) but he didn't specifically need a player as talented or similar skill wise to Scottie Pippen.
    Jordan never won without at least 1.5 other all-stars and a solid core of role players. Just a good 2nd banana wouldn't be enough unless it were a dominant big at least on Alonzo Mourning's level and a solid bench and complement of role players.

Saw a basketball once calvin671996's Avatar

what if......what if.........what if..........
    I think he can also get 6 rings, just because he is MJ

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Think he is what? What do you mean by previous generation?

The generation of fans before the Jordan era.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

the problem with them is they have a religious, destiny view on life ( in my opinion )

they all assume everything will pan out the same. but changing even the slightest thing like adding jordan would have been a 4th dimensional timeline butterfly effect ripple on the history of the knicks. completely changes every single draft pick they and allot of other teams got from 1984 till now

not a single team would have anything close to the same players they have today.

the knicks would have stunk it up and relied on key additions. and whos to know that they would have ever come?

people don't realise how lucky they are to even be born. its like hitting the lottery 100 times in a row. if your parents even hold off having sex for half a second. you're never born.

its why i always tell these people like the natives, black slavery or other victoms of historical racism or genocide. if it never happend. chances are you're never born. we're all here because history made it possible. if any slightest thing changed we become one of the other 100 million sperm that died off

so in the end. its like explaning science to a religious person. jordan fans think in terms of fairy tales and that jordan would be playing with ewing, starks, oakley and more. its just not the case. jordan may verry well have been stuck with nobody and chances are a bunch of different teams end up winning titles instead.

1000% exactamundo
    Statistically he's amazing, but he's a product of a good situation. I don't believe he's got that team changing ability like a Shaq or Duncan. If he did the Bulls would have been successful alot quicker. Who knows, Jordan may have been pegged for being the worst individual in sports history. You think he would have gotten away with belittling and punching out his teammates like he did in Chicago? Heeellll no.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stickfigure87
    it's hard to imagine jordan getting any MORE exposure than what he already received. he was the perfect spokesman of the nba already, and every media outlet was already at his feet.

also, i think the new york media wouldn't have protected jordan as much, and so a lot of the shady things he did (gambling, punching a teammate in the face, not paying for food) would've made it way to print and we'd have a imperfect superstar rather than the god like status we've turned him into.
    You're forgetting why the media in general covered up for MJ for the early part of his career

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    The generation of fans before the Jordan era.
    Ok, but you didn't answer my first question.

Ok, but you didn't answer my first question.
    Most of that generation doesn't feel Jordan was the greatest player ever in favor of players from their generation and do feel fans of the Jordan era were affected by media

Most of that generation doesn't feel Jordan was the greatest player ever in favor of players from their generation and do feel fans of the Jordan era were affected by media
    Has there been some published study that's shown this to be true, or are you just going by feeling? "Most" is a pretty bold claim to be making without significant evidence to back it up.

I would consider myself to be of the generation before Jordan. Does the fact I consider him to be a top 1-2 player ever put me in the minority?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

I agree with much of what you're saying, but you've been just as guilty of the very thing you accuse Jordan fans of doing.

The truth is we don't know how Jordan's career turns out had he been drafted to the Knicks. Saying "he maybe if lucky win a title or 2 in the 90's" is as pure speculation as Jordan fans saying he'd have won more. The truth is we don't know. It's an unknown.

Has there been some published study that's shown this to be true, or are you just going by feeling? "Most" is a pretty bold claim to be making without significant evidence to back it up.

I would consider myself to be of the generation before Jordan. Does the fact I consider him to be a top 1-2 player ever put me in the minority?
    Not at all, but it has been proven true with most people that I've ever encountered, and it holds very true here.

Not at all, but it has been proven true with most people that I've ever encountered, and it holds very true here.
    Ok, then say that.

Also, wouldn't your second statement require you to know the ages of posters on this board?

Chicago was the 2nd biggest city in the country in the 80's, wouldnt have made a difference.

Ok, then say that.

Also, wouldn't your second statement require you to know the ages of posters on this board?
    I've been very keen on following posters who I've respected opinions of and got to know their histories so yes I do have an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    lol what's up with the Kobe tattoo on his arm?