Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: If Michael Jordan was a Knick

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Chicago was the 2nd biggest city in the country in the 80's, wouldnt have made a difference.
    I agree...I think it was perfectly good timing for the Bulls, because they were a floundering franchise that needed some sort of starpower (sorry, Reggie Theus and Artis Gilmore, two great players in their own right, weren't exactly household names outside of Chicago).

I could imagine Jordan and Bernard King on the same Knicks team back then...lots of scoring (probably close to 60 PPG between them), and probably would have won a couple of playoff rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I've been very keen on following posters who I've respected opinions of and got to know their histories so yes I do have an idea.
    Knowing the age of a few posters who you respect is not enough to make the general claim you made.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i think jordan fans are way worse than me or any other kobe fan
    Luckily no one pays you to think.

the problem with them is they have a religious, destiny view on life ( in my opinion )
    The word you're looking for is predestination. Maybe you can broaden your vocabulary while you study for that GED.

they all assume everything will pan out the same. but changing even the slightest thing like adding jordan would have been a 4th dimensional timeline butterfly effect ripple on the history of the knicks. completely changes every single draft pick they and allot of other teams got from 1984 till now
    Anyone with a science background or is simply a sci-fi fan can only /epic facepalm at the lame attempt at slapping together a bunch of things you don't understand into a sentence. You balled with against any white honkeys lately?

people don't realise how lucky they are to even be born. its like hitting the lottery 100 times in a row. if your parents even hold off having sex for half a second. you're never born.
    Not surprising that your knowledge of biology is equally inept.

its why i always tell these people like the natives, black slavery or other victoms of historical racism or genocide. if it never happend. chances are you're never born. we're all here because history made it possible. if any slightest thing changed we become one of the other 100 million sperm that died off

so in the end. its like explaning science to a religious person. jordan fans think in terms of fairy tales and that jordan would be playing with ewing, starks, oakley and more. its just not the case. jordan may verry well have been stuck with nobody and chances are a bunch of different teams end up winning titles instead.
    You could have simply left it at: if Jordan played for the Knicks, they'd have never drafted Ewing in 85, Oakley would probably have never been traded to NY, etc. Your attempt at drawing parallels to alternate timelines and probabilities was downright pathetic.

I rule the local playground bukowski81's Avatar

Most of that generation doesn't feel Jordan was the greatest player ever in favor of players from their generation and do feel fans of the Jordan era were affected by media
    Thats just not true. Its pretty unanimous among fans, players, coaches and analysts athat Jordan is the GOAT. And of course its not media brainwashing as you claim.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Knowing the age of a few posters who you respect is not enough to make the general claim you made.
    It does if their opinions are well articulated therefor it reflects the knowledgable fans of their era.

I'm going tostop it at there because you seem like you're bent on trying to discredit any POV that wouldn't lead to that generations assessment. I could do the research and bring up threads but in this case I think it would be senseless

I'm going tostop it at there because you seem like you're bent on trying to discredit any POV that wouldn't lead to that generations assessment. I could do the research and bring up threads but in this case I think it would be senseless
    I'm not bent on discrediting anything other than baseless generalizations. If you really are capable of putting together evidence that shows that more than half of the "older" generation considers Jordan to be a product of media hype, I'd be very interested to see it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Luckily no one pays you to think.

The word you're looking for is predestination. Maybe you can broaden your vocabulary while you study for that GED.

Anyone with a science background or is simply a sci-fi fan can only /epic facepalm at the lame attempt at slapping together a bunch of things you don't understand into a sentence. You balled with against any white honkeys lately?

Not surprising that your knowledge of biology is equally inept.

You could have simply left it at: if Jordan played for the Knicks, they'd have never drafted Ewing in 85, Oakley would probably have never been traded to NY, etc. Your attempt at drawing parallels to alternate timelines and probabilities was downright pathetic.

you sound like a christian

everything i said was truth

3-time NBA All-Star

its why i always tell these people like the natives, black slavery or other victoms of historical racism or genocide. if it never happend. chances are you're never born. we're all here because history made it possible. if any slightest thing changed we become one of the other 100 million sperm that died off
    What the hell are you saying here? That victims of racism and genocide shouldn't complain and should actually be grateful for it because they wouldn't have existed otherwise?

Its hilarious how you're implying that Jordan was very lucky considering who you are a fan of.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Griff you are on a roll right now.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Sorry, but no. Jordan could carry a team, but he wasn't the type who made everybody else on the floor better. He was a SG version of Wilt in terms of outstanding production on both sides of the ball, but the difference is that he had the benefit of a better team and didn't have to play against any great teams in the 90s (the best competition he faced was the 93 Suns). There were plenty of teams on which he could have wound up never winning a title for. Clips, Mavs, Warriors just to start.
    That's just wrong. You don't win SIX championships as your teams best player if you don't make everybody else on the floor better to some extent. One or two, maybe, but not six. I don't give a damn if you thnk the 90s was a weak era and there weren't any great teams, you don't win that many championships unless you do more than just carry a team and produce stats.

First 3-peat Jordan, especially, was a tremendous playmaker and facilitator. I was wrong in saying he would win multiple championships in hsi career regardless of who he played for so defiantly, as if it were fact, though. However, I feel pretty confident that, even with just one other All-Star caliber teammate, peak/prime Jordan finds a way to win a couple of championships in the 90s.
    Last edited by KG215; 10-01-2012 at 05:00 PM.

As long as he plays the same way, he'd still be the best player ever.

Local High School Star

you sound like a christian

everything i said was truth
    Were you born stupid or did you just work really hard at it? Everything you said was incredibly stupid. It was like listening to Sarah Palin trying to explain the intricacies of Russian/Ukranian geopolitics.

NBA rookie of the year

Well it's not like Chicago is Sacramento, lol. Chicago is one of the biggest metropolitan centers in the world.

I don't think it would've made much of a difference, Jordan was about as popular as an athlete can get, at some point that would just be diminishing returns.

Besides I think the red/black Bulls colors just looked better and sold jerseys/hats/t-shirts to every kid in the 90s.

I remember going to junior high and even non-basketball fans like girls would be wearing Bulls stuff because it was a "cool" brand. Simple as that.

Patrick Ewing of the 90s.. No rings and absolute loser.. Knicks sucks..

The Jordan hate in this thread is absolutely insanse. Is this real life??

People are acting like he's not basically the undisputed GOAT. Even if by butterfly effect some other team gets Ewing, Barkley, idk Payton - Jordan still gets 3 titles minimum with whoever the richest team in the NBA provides him.