Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: #53 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    No question by the time his career is over he'll most likely be a top 20 GOAT or even higher, however we can't just vote based off a few good/great years.
    My all-time rankings is based on who can give you the most championships. Durant gives you a better chance within a short span than Ray Allen does with his long span.

Durant has been a superstar for the past 3 years. Ray was never a superstar. As a matter of fact, Durant in his 2nd year peaked higher in ppg than Ray did and was probably a better player than Ray ever was by then.

I'm not impressed by Ray having more all-star appearances either because AS appearances mean just about nothing. Especially if we factor in Ray only made recent all-star appearances only because of how weak the East was.

I'm voting Thurmond now and I'm voting Durant next.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 10-01-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    My all-time rankings is based on who can give you the most championships. Durant gives you a better chance within a short span than Ray Allen does with his long span.

Durant has been a superstar for the past 3 years. Ray was never a superstar. I'm not impressed by Ray having more all-star appearances either because AS appearances mean just about nothing. Especially if we factor in Ray only made recent all-star appearances only because of how weak the East was.

I'm voting Thurmond now and I'm voting Durant next.
    then why not durant above pierce...pierce was never a superstar either and based by your criteria durant gives a team a better chance to win...hell durant then should have been voted above the likes of rodman, worthy mchale, etc if were going by your criteria nevermind allen and pierce

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    then why not durant above pierce...pierce was never a superstar either and based by your criteria durant gives a team a better chance to win...hell durant then should have been voted above the likes of rodman, worthy mchale, etc if were going by your criteria nevermind allen and pierce
    He should be above Rodman, Worthy, and Nique. I only voted Worthy in #52 because I knew Durant would have no chance to win.

Pierce was never a superstar, but he was surely closer to it than Ray ever was. Ray was never top 10, Pierce was.

Plus, Pierce was a better all-around player than Durant was although he still didn't peak as high as Durant did since Durant's scoring ability is literally unparalleled. Still, Pierce has some advantages over Durant while Ray has literally no advantages over Durant aside from 3 point shooting which is Ray's advantage over every player in NBA history so take it for a grain of salt.

Pierce and Ray have similar longevity but Pierce was flat out better than Ray so it's not similar at all.

Local High School Star

He should be above Rodman, Worthy, and Nique. I only voted Worthy in #52 because I knew Durant would have no chance to win.

Pierce was never a superstar, but he was surely closer to it than Ray ever was. Ray was never top 10, Pierce was.

Plus, Pierce was a better all-around player than Durant was although he still didn't peak as high as Durant did since Durant's scoring ability is literally unparalleled. Still, Pierce has some advantages over Durant while Ray has literally no advantages over Durant aside from 3 point shooting which is Ray's advantage over every player in NBA history so take it for a grain of salt.

Pierce and Ray have similar longevity but Pierce was flat out better than Ray so it's not similar at all.
    Ray passes better then durant...the reason voting for durant here is ridiculous is because all he could do pretty much is score and rebound (which he should since hes nearly 7 ft) and i guess your criteria is much different then mine because there is no way in hell I would vote in durant above nique let alone those other guys...i value what you have done in your career and what you have accomplished...durant will absolutely surpass those guys but he isn't there yet...still too young to vote him in as a top 50 all time player

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So you think McGrady deserves to be ranked ahead of Sam Jones on a list of the all-time greats?
    Depends entirely on what you mean. some clearly mean ability to play basketball and how good you were considered while you did it. Other people vote for Reggie Miller when Antione Walker got 3 times Reggies career MVP vote total....in the 3rd best season of his career. In 19 years...Reggies combined MVP votes....are less than the following people got in individual seasons:

Buck Williams
    Kenny smith
    Mutombo
    Anthony Mason
    Elton Brand
    Chauncey Billups
    Terry Porter
    Fat Lever
    Jeff ruland

all of them and many more. All of them had individual seasons with more MVP votes than Reggie got in nearly 2 decades combined.

But it doesnt seem to bother anyone. People will vote him over guys who were all NBA first team in the league with him while he wasnt all nba third team and wouldnt have been 5th team if it existed.

Reggie can not be a top 10 guard in his prime...and get ranked over all NBA first teamers....in retrospect.

So as I said...it depends on what you are asking. Tmac greater than Sam Jones?

I guess not.

Is he better?

Well.....

Put it this way: I'd take Sam Jones' career over TMac's without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Put it this way: I'd take Sam Jones' career over TMac's without hesitation.
    Yeah, pretty much.

As players, it's different. Which is what makes these rankings tricky and really complex, when you really do think about it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That may be. But any team Tmac is arguably the 4th best player on some years...hed have a damn good career playing for.

And really...id take Bob Cousys career over wilt chamberlains on just...what happened during them.

But Wilt is elite and Cousy is in the 20s.

Why might that be?

MVP. 6 time champ. 10 time all nba first team. Widely considered the GOAT in his day.

Why isnt he better than Wilt if this is a which career do you want to have issue?

John Havlicek...8 rings. 2 finals MVPs and he might have 3-5 if they had them before 69.

Who wouldnt want his career over Hakeems just...on the facts?

That really the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    lol at Miller, Jones, and Allen being ranked above Tmac. Those guys weren't better than Tmac at anything except shooting, well Jones probably wasn't better than him at anything at all besides riding Russell's dick for a bunch of titles.

The only players who have an argument over Tmac would be Nate Thurmond and Kevin Durant.
    This a vote for McGrady?

Vote - Nate Thurmond

lol at Ray and Reggie being voted before Kevin Durant. KD was better than those two ever were. Who cares about longevity? Both of them were pseudo-superstars while KD was a legit superstar and the 2nd best player in the league.
    Well, Durant should be top 20 All-Time. He has equal amount of Finals appearances as Charles Barkley, more scoring titles than Karl Malone and more All-NBA 1st teams then Patrick Ewing. He's done everything but win a title and MVP. If he gets those next season, watch out Jordan ...

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    This a vote for McGrady?
    I didn't vote, I'm just letting hte people who said Miller and Allen are better than McGrady know that they are complete idiots.

my vote would be nate thurmond

I didn't vote, I'm just letting hte people who said Miller and Allen are better than McGrady know that they are complete idiots.

my vote would be nate thurmond
    Nobody thinks those two are better than McGrady talent wise. But they're goin on how their careers turned out.

McGrady is a top 20 all-time talent, and so is David Thompson but they won't be anywhere near top 50.

Ray Allen

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Nobody thinks those two are better than McGrady talent wise. But they're goin on how their careers turned out.

McGrady is a top 20 all-time talent, and so is David Thompson but they won't be anywhere near top 50.
    Then Horry is a top 20 player of all-time due to his career.

Then Horry is a top 20 player of all-time due to his career.
    A career is more then rings.