Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    How so? How is he being a hater and how isn't he being objective in this thread?
    You didn't hear? If you don't share the common perspective on a player on this board, you're a objective hater

I think some people are just going out there way to again criticize Kobe, like some immature teenage girls. I also think that the stans, in their usual cult-like fashion, are trying to desperately rationalize this facet of Kobe, saying he's the "better leader" for his abrasive attitude.

Dumbasses. Kobe is just overly confident, somewhat dictator-esque leader. There's no reason to try and use that in a "Kobe is better leader than Duncan argument." Duncan lead his team to 4 rings as the quiet leader. It was equally as effective as Kobe's ways, even more so when considering Shaq was the leader of the 2000-2002 championship Lakers teams.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Kobe has never once won a playoff series in his career as an underdog. Not one. He has only won when he has the more stacked team which is a testament to the Lakers front office more so than Kobe.
    You're worse than the Kobe Stan's in thus thread with this one post. Congratulations.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Nobody Has Had As Good Supporting Cast as Bryant in His Prime and Their Primes in his Generation

Samurai Swoosh

You're worse than the Kobe Stan's in thus thread with this one post. Congratulations.
    He kind of has a point, though.

When has Kobe as alpha dog, with an underdog taken his team past another squad that was expected to beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    He did look pretty fly sitting the bench for the Birmingham Barons too.

Who needs Jordan to hype up himself when his legions of cockroaches craft the mythology so well on their own.
    It's not different than what kennethgriffin, you, and other Kobe "mythologists" (as you like to say) have started to do. One of your go-to lines is "Kobe never won a championship with more than one All-Star teammate" while, of course, ignoring the fact that he was always on one of the 1-3 best teams in the league with one of the 1-3 best supporting casts in the league during his championship seasons.

What relevance does best player on the team status have on the following conversation? It's completely irrelevant to the topic.
    Why doesn't it have any relevance? Because Kobe wasn't the best player on the Lakers 3-peat teams? Nine times out of ten the best player on a championship team is the team leader.

How does Tim Duncan winning 4 titles as the best player on each team prove superior selflessness compared to Kobe winning 5 as the alpha and beta?
    It doesn't, but that's not how you're using it in this argument. You keep saying Kobe proved his "selflessness" by changing his playing style from 2000-2002. Kobe didn't change squat. Prior to 2001 and 2002, Kobe was never that caliber of player. He wasn't ever an All-NBA caliber, lead-dog, best player, etc. prior to the 3-peat. His game just improved and he got better. He didn't all of a sudden decide to change how he was playing to help the team's chances of winning championships. The Lakers won those championships because of Kobe's improvement.

If anything Kobe winning 3 titles as the 2nd best player bodes well for the possibility for Kobe to win more as the 2nd best player with prime Dwight Howard in town.
    How? This is a completely different situation than when Kobe 3-peated with Shaq. This would be similar to Kobe leaving a team to join Shaq and the Lakers in 2005 (assuming Shaq was still there of course). Kobe won his first three championships as the second best player because he was clearly the second best player on the team, had never been the best player on an NBA team at that point, and had yet to be the leader of a championship caliber team.

This time Kobe is in the twilight of his career and is going to have to make the decision on whether or not he will defer more if he loses a step and Dwight returns to 2011 form. I'm not saying Kobe won't be the leader of the team (he will) but Kobe hasn't been in this situation before.

And for the record, I have no problem with Kobe's ego. All the best athletes had giant egos. Jordan was as cocky as any athlete and and asshole. But it's their egos that make them so great. They always believe they're better than anyone they face, and that, coupled with their compulsive competitiveness, is part of the reason they won so much. Obviously things like superior individual and team talent played a big role, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    You didn't hear? If you don't share the common perspective on a player on this board, you're a objective hater
    I forgot about that. ISH where if you don't agree with someone else's opinion on a player, you're a hater. There's no in-between. You can't just be an objective sensible fan. Nope, you're a hater.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23

When has Kobe as alpha dog, with an underdog taken his team past another squad that was expected to beat them?
    Why does that matter? Are you people so desperate for material to discredit Kobe that you're now relying on "But he never won as an underdog...he must not be that good!"

Wow. Just.....wow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23

The answer is never.

You won't find another top 10-15 all-time player that has failed to win a single playof series as the underdog. We're not talking championships, we're talking just one playoff series.

It's not different than what kennethgriffin, you, and other Kobe "mythologists" (as you like to say) have started to do. One of your go-to lines is "Kobe never won a championship with more than one All-Star teammate" while, of course, ignoring the fact that he was always on one of the 1-3 best teams in the league with one of the 1-3 best supporting casts in the league during his championship seasons.
    Who has won multiple championships without one of the best 1-3 supporting casts in the league? By virtue of simply winning the title its very hard for any supporting cast not to be considered in the top 3 at worst. I don't point it out because it applies to all the legends of the game yet the stacked mantra never seems to get thrown their way.

Banned

Who has won multiple championships without one of the best 1-3 supporting casts in the league? By virtue of simply winning the title its very hard for any supporting cast not to be considered in the top 3 at worst. I don't point it out because it applies to all the legends of the game yet the stacked mantra never seems to get thrown their way.
    For recent memory we will go with Dirk Nowitzki who accomplished this feat in 2011.

Beat Kobe who had a better cast
    Beat Durant who had a better cast
    Beat LeBron who had a better cast

Not even counting the other teams with better casts than Dallas, just who he beat. Only had to go back one year.

The answer is never.

You won't find another top 10-15 all-time player that has failed to win a single playof series as the underdog. We're not talking championships, we're talking just one playoff series.
    How many times did Mike Tyson win a boxing match as a underdog?

How about Muhammed Ali?

When you are dominant player like Kobe and bring home a title 40-50% of the time you are paired with a single all star teammate you are not going to be the underdog in very many playoff series.

For recent memory we will go with Dirk Nowitkzki who accomplished this feat in 2011.

Beat Kobe who had a better cast
    Beat Durant who had a better cast
    Beat LeBron who had a better cast

Only had to go back one year.
    Damn they gave Dirk two rings for that performance.

Do you know what the word multiple means?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

How about Muhammed Ali?

When you are dominant player like Kobe and bring home a title 40-50% of the time you are paired with a single all star teammate you are not going to be the underdog in very many playoff series.

George Foreman was the favorite over Muhammed Ali.

G.O.A.T. isn't even close to being the same kind of poster as pauk, number six, etc. He's one of the most knowledgeable and most objective posters on this site. After reading his posts for three years now, I have no idea who his favorite player(s) and team is.
    from the very first thread i read for G.O.A.T. i knew who his favorite player(s) and team is

favorite player: Bill Russell

favorite team: Boston Celtics

most hated team Lakers

most hated player: Kareem

2nd most hated player: Kobe

and he tries so hard to hide it

Banned

How about Muhammed Ali?

George Foreman was favored against Ali in perhaps his most famous fight. Next time try using a sport you actually know something about

Kobe is the only top 15 player all-time to not have one single playoff series won as the underdog. The only one. Noone else. The only one.

Damn they gave Dirk two rings for that performance.

Do you know what the word multiple means?
    Kobe hasn't won one series let alone title without the best supporting cast in the league.
    Last edited by MiamiThrice; 10-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.