Default Re: #56 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    My vote will be for Hal Greer
    I, too, vote for Hal Greer

Kevin Durant

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Man some people are too impressed by raw boxscore stats and statpadding against crap teams. Durant's best games came against the Twolves and Nuggets for a reason. Anyone can put up big numbers against terrible defenses. The playoffs is where it really matters because the stars play more, teams have more time to gameplan, and the game slows down. Reggie always played his best against top 10 defenses for a reason. He would take it easy against crap teams and let his teammates pad their stats in blowouts. Reggie's career high in shots was 29, and in that game he scored 57 points. Durant, Kobe and Lebron have a 29 shot night like once a week. If Reggie was as big a statpadder as today's guards, he would be averaging 30+ on the same GOAT level efficency. Try watching Reggie against the GOAT Knicks defense. Hell even in his mid 30s he was lighting up the Nets, who were the best D in the league. I love how people criticize guys like AI for being a ballhog, but they fail to respect a true team player like Reggie who sacrificed his own stats of the good of his teammates.

InB4 a long winded "Ya he scored what did he win" ignorant post from Kblaze

Reggie on this one

How the fu*k is durant getting votes?
    The most one dimensional player ever,and he's only at the start of his career..

By that way of thinking shouldn't you be voting for tmac aswell??^^

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ignorant is people who dont remember Dennis Johnson or look into him acting like Reggie Miller is better than him because of playoff games they didnt watch. Me...I suspect we watched the same thing and got very different things out of it.

And much of what you said is true. Reggie really wasnt as involved in his offense as modern star guards and his teammates did a lot more than given credit for.

He was damn good at pulling a big shot out of his ass in a close game he had done little in for 45 minutes though. Im not sure and im not about to check but...I think he hit 14 game winners one season in the late 90s. 98 perhaps?

I feel like I read that somewhere.

Were he a more reliable good shot creator and his offense not gone into so many dry spells im sure less of those games come down to that but....whole other issue.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-04-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Again, anyone who argues that Reggie was never anything special and that he was nearly as prone to having average games in the playoffs as he was to having great games...

have still failed to respond to my post in the last thread. Career 20.6PPG in the playoffs. In his first 15 years in the NBA, made the playoffs 12 times, played a total of 109 playoff games, averaging less than 20PPG once: when they lost to the Bulls in 7 in 1998...19.9PPG. His career average over that period: 23.5PPG.

Yea, no standout.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Man some people are too impressed by raw boxscore stats and statpadding against crap teams. Durant's best games came against the Twolves and Nuggets for a reason. Anyone can put up big numbers against terrible defenses. The playoffs is where it really matters because the stars play more, teams have more time to gameplan, and the game slows down.
    Your post is invalid because Durant dominated in every time and in every game in the 2012 post-season.

Then factor in how Durant was the more versatile, better all-around player, and was a more reliable scorer due to the fact that Durant could score creating off the dribble much better than Miller could and it's easy to know who is better.

Very good NBA starter

dry spells? the miller pacers were consistently of the best offensive teams in the league and their offense got even better in the post-season.

Yes. No standout. Im not acting like 23ppg is amazing for a guy who does literally nothing else that justifies getting into an NBA game. Amazing is Jerry West dropping 40ppg the entire playoffs in a finals run. Amazing is Bernard King vs the Pistons. Duncan vs the Lakers in 03. Dirk vs the Thunder.

Again....low standards for a guy who isnt good enough to justify the use of high ones.

Talking to me about 23 and change and nothing else as if a guy like Kevin Durant wouldnt be clowned and called overrated if he played on such a level.

So many players are better than Reggie Miller. This is a joke.

dry spells? the miller pacers were consistently of the best offensive teams in the league and their offense got even better in the post-season.
    Im not talking about final game numbers. Im talking about making shots to stop runs...to hold leads...to come back when down. Those teams didnt lose because they came through when it counted.

I was briefly worried in game 7 in 98. Briefly. And then they were still the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    So many players are better than Reggie Miller. This is a joke.
    How many, name them all?

DRose

Youngest MVP ever..

Im gonna go ahead and vote this time and just say Reggie.

Clearly I dont think he belongs but id rather get him out of the way. Im gonna be sitting around doing nothing at work tomorrow and id rather kill time talking about other people.

There must be something interesting to say about Robert Parish. Id like to get there. And every topic till he gets in will start with someone annoyed he didnt get in already and I find it difficult to ignore foolish comments about subjects im passionate about.

Just give him my vote. Its not about the final numbers anyway. Not to me at least. Just something to talk about...and hes clearly getting in at least somewhat soon anyway.