Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: thoughts on interracial relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I find topics like this disturbing..

Always the never-ending nonsense about culture, as if culture matters that much to start with.

I'm swedish and when I think about swedish culture I think of nothing at all, what matters for me is values, not culture. I couldn't care less if my partner would be from another country and culture, as long as she has the same values as me I wouldn't care.

My ex girlfriend was mixed, swedish and ghanaian. To start with, she was crazy good looking, swedish and african genes really complement each other. And the fact that she was half ghanaian was just really cool, we visited her family in Ghana a couple of years ago and it was a blast. My current girlfriend is also mixed, best person I've ever met.

Only an idiot would diss a female for culture.
    No one in the thread ever dissed a female for "culture"

At the end of the day, it's all about personal preference. There is not right or wrong answer here, and I never "dissed" anyone.

Most "traditional" families (non-Americanized or "westernised") are against these types of relationships. Its only "western" (read: white) families that are criticized for opposing them.

My dick don't discriminate
    Certain guys ITT need to relocate over to **********

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Most "traditional" families (non-Americanized or "westernised") are against these types of relationships. Its only "western" (read: white) families that are criticized for opposing them.
    WTF are you talking about? Where in this thread did we say white people are wrong for opposing this and other cultures don't? Who excused everyone and said whites are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    WTF are you talking about? Where in this thread did we say white people are wrong for opposing this and other cultures don't? Who excused everyone and said whites are wrong?
    I not saying what anyone here said, I'm saying how it generally goes down.

If an African or Asian wants their kids to marry within their own group, everything's cool. If a white person feels that way, not cool.

Jesus Christ you and some other posters who I choose not to name are so obvious. Why does everything boil down to complete going into left field just to defend your race? You look dumb when you say stuff like this in a thread where nearly everyone was speaking in a general perspective outside of the naysayers.

If an African or Asian wants their kids to marry within their own group, everything's cool. If a white person feels that way, not cool.
    We must be nearing the warning track by now .

A combo of African and European ancestry sure can create some beautiful women. I'm all for that.

Sensitive much? It's not cool at all regardless of race. And literally NO ONE in this thread is approaching it from that angle.

Did I teleport back to 1960? In the year 2012 people still think like some of the comments I've seen here?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    We must be nearing the warning track by now .
    WHAT? You didn't see the unfair assertions being tossed at white people in this thread? READ BETWEEN THE LINES DUDE....

I'm glad i've been exposed to so many people growing up. I hear people talk and it's clear they have so much deep seeded racial bullshit in their heads. Anyone who excludes anyone due to race, or feels so put upon that they (unintentionally or otherwise) exclude others is doing themselves a disservice, no one else. Is there anything in life where excluding a large part of the base you can choose from is better?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore matt1016's Avatar

I am totally in favor of everyone doing ANYTHING pleasurable they can think of using their penises/vajays (as long as no one gets hurt, no kids or animals involved, no spreading disease, etc.)

This world is difficult enough as it is without crazy puritanical/racist beliefs getting involved. My flesh-stick is the only thing that has no downside - too much food makes you fat, too much booze makes you a loser, drugs are bad for you, blah blah blah. Using my man-parts is all upside, no downside.

Girls that enjoy using their lady parts are not necessarily sluts. If for them that means hooking up with a different race, whatevs. I am mostly attracted to my own shade of skin but I don't mind if someone wants to cross the aisle.

Besides, the only long-term cure to racism (and homophobia) is to intermingle everything. It is hard to hate black people if your grandmother is black. It is hard to be against gays if you have an Uncle Bruce who has an awesome mustache and a leather vest.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Jesus Christ you and some other posters who I choose not to name are so obvious. Why does everything boil down to complete going into left field just to defend your race? You look dumb when you say stuff like this in a thread where nearly everyone was speaking in a general perspective outside of the naysayers.
    Ever heard the expression "dont kill the messenger"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    1/4 LeBron scrotum dweller
    Says the guy who calls another man "Gawdbe'

NBA rookie of the year

I was watching a segment on ESPN about athletes who went through costly divorce settlements. They mentioned Michael Strahan and his then-wife. A family member comes in the room and says:

"Was she white?"
    me: "yeah, i believe so"
    him: "that's what he gets"
    me: "What exactly does that mean? Are you implying that if she was black, she wouldn't have tried get millions of dollars out of him?"
    him: "I'm just sayin, if he was gonna get married then divorced and end up losing all of that money, he might as well had done with a black woman"
    me: