Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Prediction: LeBron James Season

LeBron seems to be developing as a player adding tweaks to his game like Kobe did in his later years and still is. I expect his athleticism to remain similar depending on playing weight and hoping for an improvement in post play.

I know LeBron is a polarizing figure on ISH and there will be plenty of chaos in this thread but I'm curious what the boards opinion of LeBron's next season will be not only in statistics but in player development.

I'm expecting some evolution.

Default Re: Prediction: LeBron James Season

As for me, I expect LeBron to continue improving his post work especially footwork and work in that low post area looking for open shooters or cutters to the basket.

Shooting less threes like he did last year improve efficiency and I think he should continue that trend. Hoping he will spend more time working on the boards. He is one the their best rebounders when he wants to be and hustle points like putbacks are big.

Expect 29 at 51% with 8 boards and 7 assists.

Hopefully something nuts like 30/9/7/2/1 on 54/35/78

Quote Originally Posted by Pauk's wet dream
    35.7ppg / 9.3apg / 8.9rpg / 1.5spg / 1.2 bpg

.543fg% .389 3pt% .797ft%

not this

he'll spend more time in the post...his assists will drop (probably will still be above 5) and his rebounds will go up (not quite averaging a double double yet, unless he plays off the ball more often)

in terms of stats, I'd say something like 27/9/5 on .610 TS%

his defense should also continue to be great, though players lose some lateral quickness when they get around that 30 mark (but he's not there yet)

28/8reb/6ast

I expect another historically great season, just like we've gotten the past 2 years. This is a top 5 player of all time in his prime, we're going to see some great things.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    not this
    Steals too low

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    As for me, I expect LeBron to continue improving his post work especially footwork and work in that low post area looking for open shooters or cutters to the basket.

Shooting less threes like he did last year improve efficiency and I think he should continue that trend. Hoping he will spend more time working on the boards. He is one the their best rebounders when he wants to be and hustle points like putbacks are big.

Expect 29 at 51% with 8 boards and 7 assists.
    I very much agree with your second paragraph. Avoiding 3s last year did a lot of good for his approach to the game, and when he gets offensive boards, it's almost a guaranteed two points.

An unmentioned but big time factor in his playing style is also how serious he is. If he's more relaxed, he'll probably lean towards facing up defenders since he's still more of a perimeter player. If he's serious, he switches between posting and facing up, depending on how his defender plays him and who his defender is.

What I'd hope to see LeBron do is, like you said, improve his post game and footwork and rebounding. I'd also like to see more of this and this. That's a sweet-ass, deadly face-up jumper. Finally, I'd like to see him cut off the ball move to establish post position or to get a nice lay-up.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

A little decrease in points with Ray Allen on the team.

About the same amount of assists.

Some more rebounds, since he'll be at the PF spot more.

Great defense of course.

All-NBA 1st Team, All-NBA Defensive First team, 3rd in MVP voting behind Durant and C. Paul.

how did he improve season after season?
    his footwork never improved, his jumpshots never improved, his 3 point never improved, his free throw never improved, and he still has no post game.

how did he get better? by becoming even bigger and stronger, so he can just trainwreck himself through everyone and get to the rim. he finally found out he can do this this playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    how did he improve season after season?
    his footwork never improved, his jumpshots never improved, his 3 point never improved, his free throw never improved, and he still has no post game.

how did he get better? by becoming even bigger and stronger, so he can just trainwreck himself through everyone and get to the rim. he finally found out he can do this this playoffs.
    Well he shot his highest FG% over his career, his highest 3pt% too, second highest FT%, and he dominated the finals from the post. He literally got better at everything you said he didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Well he shot his highest FG% over his career, his highest 3pt% too, second highest FT%, and he dominated the finals from the post. He literally got better at everything you said he didn't...
    His FG was the highest, as I said, he got smart and found out he could just barrel his way into the post for an easy layup. Nothing wrong with that.

His 3 pt? He took the least amount of 3's in his career. I don't know the numbers but anyone watching the NBA should notice.

as for his FT, he shot 75% as a rookie. This year he was 77%. Big improvement?

His stats have definitely improved, especially since he got stronger and now can get to the basket more easily. But that doesn't mean he improved part of his game like Jordan and Kobe did, like OP said.

I think he might win 6th man of the year. Rashard Lewis gonna take his job then fu*k his mom

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    His FG was the highest, as I said, he got smart and found out he could just barrel his way into the post for an easy layup. Nothing wrong with that.

His 3 pt? He took the least amount of 3's in his career. I don't know the numbers but anyone watching the NBA should notice.

as for his FT, he shot 75% as a rookie. This year he was 77%. Big improvement?

His stats have definitely improved, especially since he got stronger and now can get to the basket more easily. But that doesn't mean he improved part of his game like Jordan and Kobe did, like OP said.
    You just said he didn't get better in the post, then you say he figured out how to get easy layups in the post... That is getting better.

He took less 3's, because he started taking smart ones. He was still making 1 three a game, which is his average for his career.

Of course his FT shooting got better. There are far less outliers throughout the season where he shot 50% or worse from the line like in his rookie season. Hence he is far more reliable at the line. You always expect him to be around his average instead of extremely erratic like he once was.