Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The biggest reason why Wade/Lebron have trouble co-existing

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    its actually Wade who robbed Lebron/Miami of a Championship because he didnt want to give Lebron the greenlight he openly gave to him in 2012.... he turned Lebron into a sidekick in the Finals,

omfg even this emoticon is not enough to show how much i am laughing right now!!

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Pauk I think you're a knowledgable poster and know what you're talking about, but Wade cost Miami the title in 2011 because of him not helping LeBron? What? Huh?

That being wrong is only a desperate wish... especially if you are a Lebron hater (or a butthurt Cavs fan) where only one thing is not wrong "Lebron choked"..... when Lebron actually didnt play bad, he shot 48% FG, led both teams in assists and rebounds basically aswell (with Chandler)... he was only passive like HELL, like ive never seen before, he took like what 14 FGA in that Finals? He was facilitating like a hot potato... and why is that? Read my post again above, especially that quote from Wade in 2011 Finals... Lebron didnt mind, Wade had it going and they were actually doing fine, but then came the 4th quarter... which was the ultimate reason to them losing the Finals... neither of them could close out games enough...

...and oh Lebron robbed Wade of FMVP? No... considering my assessment its actually Wade who robbed Lebron/Miami of a Championship because he didnt want to give Lebron the greenlight he openly gave to him in 2012.... he turned Lebron into a sidekick in the Finals, into a true 2nd fiddle, because thats how Lebron was playing... he didnt play bad, he didnt shoot bad, he only facilitated and took few shots... like a true Scottie Pippen would do.... and thats NOT LEBRON.... Wade knew he made a mistake in that Finals and changed his mindset in 2012, you dont see him go around and say anymore "I have to take charge, I am the leader of this team, this team goes as far as only I CAN TAKE THEM"..... thats basically exactly what he said/meant after the 2011 Finals Game 2 loss in the press conference while Lebron sat right next to him.... Lebron was basically "OK... lets see how that goes"..

Lebron played bad, you can say whatever you want, BUT THERE WAS A BIG REASON FOR IT........... the "He couldnt handle the pressure he had that year" i dont buy, thats absolutely hilarious pure bullshit...

2011 was simply a huge chemistry / co-exist problems between Lebron & Wade, anything from trying to figure out how to complement eachothers games... to self-centered decisions.... and it showed up at its fullest effect at the worst time...
    cmon bro I haven't had an issue with you on this site, and you seem to know your stuff, but the bolded...uhhh no way man

please tell me you're trolling

NBA rookie of the year

Pauk makes me ashamed to be a LeBron fan at times.

Wade was no more aggressive in the 2011 Finals, then he was in the Eastern semis against Boston where he averaged 30ppg on 52% shooting. And that did not deter LeBron from taking over the game in crunch time. Dead that bullshit theory.

As for the topic at hand, it's a complete myth that LeBron and Wade don't coexist. James and Wade had the best on court plus/minus, of all duos in the postseason by far last year.
    Last edited by PJR; 10-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.

The point he's trying to make is that they can't both max out while playing together. Wade took a backseat this past season.
    --

Good poster, but baffling post, to me. How is it Wade and Lebron can't "co-exist"? Healthy, they're the two best players in basketball (pace Durant). Last year they won a championship. They haven't always coexisted smoothly, but let me repeat. Two best players in basketball. How often does it happen that the second best player in basketball is all of a sudden not even the best player on his team anymore?

It took them a little while - and Wade being hurt a lot of the time helped, oddly enough - but they seem to co-exist to me. If you could elaborate a bit more on why you think they don't...

Concerning the point about how they flourish at different times: I call that complementarity. Sometimes the game isn't fun. Sometimes things get tight and tense, and Wade has always done well during those times; Lebron has had mixed results. In fact those moments, so far, have been Lebron's weakness. He didn't have to deal with Bad Boy / 90s Knicks style beatdown ball in the Finals and so he flourished. But if he has one of his 12/7/7 playoff games, that could be the same night Wade goes for 35 and wins it with 4th quarter free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    yes they can, arguably one of miami's most important games last playoffs was game 4 against indiana. wade went off and so did lebron. then they did it again in game 5 and 6.

its just not very often they do but when they both need to, especially without bosh, they will both rise to the occasion.

I know that. But it doesn't happen with regularity. Regularity is important and they can't win again without it.

2011 happened because Wade didnt want or couldnt fully perish to the 2nd fiddle role, especially not in the Finals when he all of the sudden went in the post conference (while Lebron sat right next to him) and i quote: "This is my team, i am the leader, i have to lead by example"... it caused Lebron to be more passive than he was the entire season (including playoffs) where Wade was actually more of a 2nd fiddle, took only 13-14 FGA in that Finals... it turned Lebron to a 2nd fiddle in the Finals all of the sudden, Lebron didnt mind it at all as Wade had it going, but then came the clutch time where neither could close out........

2012 happened because Wade approved (and verbally welcomed) the 2nd fiddle role completely and i quote: "Lebron is our best player, for us to be better Lebron has to lead the way, i dont mind taking the backseat", Wade was very comfortable playing that 2nd fiddle role and gave Lebron the full greenlight......... Lebron did the rest.....

What happened in 2012 should have happened in 2011.... They co-exist today very nicely as long as Wade keeps his end of that bargain Miami Heat will continue to be this successful... because what he said and everybody said is very true... that Miami Heat can go as far as only Lebron James can take them....

You're gonna have to be wrong. Lebron is the best player, but Wade is not responsible for a loss because he didn't hand the reigns over to Lebron.

The Heat won last year, with Wade taking a back seat. 100% it will not happen this season. That's absolute. The Heat are a great team because they have great players. The NBA is going to be great great this year on.

So Wade can be the 2nd best player. Lebron is the world's best player. Wade can be declined. But he better not try and be Robin. Be yourself and play your game. To be fair, a lot would change if their coach was real, but he isn't.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 10-12-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Very good NBA starter

@ Pauk. Please dear God tell me this guy is a gimmick poster. And to say Lebron and Wade can't coexist if stupid considering they have a title and two straight finals appearances as teammates. ISH

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    --
    Healthy, they're the two best players in basketball (pace Durant).

I agree, and that's exactly my point. To be truly complimentary, then you have to be yourself first. If Wade has declined a bit, fine, but I don't think he's truly a compliment if he's subjugating his game specifically to fit alongside one other player. Maybe this goes beyond just how they're playing now, and has more to do with being together in the first place, but it's relevant now too.

...and oh Lebron robbed Wade of FMVP? No... considering my assessment its actually Wade who robbed Lebron/Miami of a Championship because he didnt want to give Lebron the greenlight he openly gave to him in 2012.... he turned Lebron into a sidekick in the Finals, into a true 2nd fiddle, because thats how Lebron was playing... he didnt play bad, he didnt shoot bad, he only facilitated and took few shots... like a true Scottie Pippen would do.... and thats NOT LEBRON.... Wade knew he made a mistake in that Finals and changed his mindset in 2012, you dont see him go around and say anymore "I have to take charge, I am the leader of this team, this team goes as far as only I CAN TAKE THEM"..... thats basically exactly what he said/meant after the 2011 Finals Game 2 loss in the press conference while Lebron sat right next to him.... Lebron was basically "OK... lets see how that goes"..
    Wade's FGA in 2011 season: 18.2
    Wade's FGA in 2011 Finals: 18
    Lebron's FGA in 2011 Finals: 15

Wade: 27/7/5 on 55%
    Lebron: 18/7/7 on 48%

How did Wade rob Miami of a championship or keep Lebron from playing his game if he took LESS shots in the finals than he did in the regular season? You can't be serious.
    Last edited by Young X; 10-12-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Wade's FGA in 2011 season: 18.2
    Wade's FGA in 2011 Finals: 18
    Lebron's FGA in 2011 Finals: 15

Wade: 27/7/5 on 55%
    Lebron: 18/7/7 on 48%

How did Wade rob Miami of a championship or keep Lebron from playing his game if he took LESS shots in the finals than he did in the regular season? You can't be serious.
    Not to mention him taking even more shots in the 2nd round than he did in the finals.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    cmon bro I haven't had an issue with you on this site, and you seem to know your stuff, but the bolded...uhhh no way man

please tell me you're trolling
    Nah bruh, pauk's dead serious. If you get him really mad, he's going to go log in to one of his alternate accounts (nash/po3try) and come back in here and agree with himself. Then still expect people to take him seriously

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Nah bruh, pauk's dead serious. If you get him really mad, he's going to go log in to one of his alternate accounts (nash/po3try) and come back in here and agree with himself. Then still expect people to take him seriously

This guy talking about others getting mad. You're a ticking time bomb, Reigny.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    ughhh

maybe I should stay out of LeBron threads, then

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    ughhh

maybe I should stay out of LeBron threads, then
    Yeah, especially when pauk is online. It's funny as hell watch that fool stoop to any level to defend Lebron.

thought this thread was 2yrs old when i opened it